Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Destiny Discussion

• Please log in to reply
3642 replies to this topic

#3626   Nokt

Nokt

The Lost One

• Premium

• 1,056 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

Ahh I must have misunderstood a bit then. I kind of agree for CS even though for those guys 60 is nothing and its more like 200+ and 144hz etc so if you really care you'll end up spending a lot more than $400. The game works fine without all of that stuff though and I'd think bungie could come to a similar status quo between weaker and stronger consoles. It'll just feel so bad to play 30 on Xbox and then swap to my PC and probably pull 200+. At least I can pay for the PC version with WoW gold lol.

That first sentence probably came off a little dickish, so sorry about that.

Yeah thats true. Pro players running with 1080's lol. 30 FPS does definitely feel like a huge step back. It was actually really disappointing to me.

Its like 500,000 gold for the game or something like that. I think my main has like 50k :(

#3627   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 2,312 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

That first sentence probably came off a little dickish, so sorry about that.

Yeah thats true. Pro players running with 1080's lol. 30 FPS does definitely feel like a huge step back. It was actually really disappointing to me.

Its like 500,000 gold for the game or something like that. I think my main has like 50k :(

Yeah the token prices will probably go back down to around 110k if I had to guess at some point. Gold is crazy now anyways if you get to where you can sell +15 dungeon achievements or heroic guldan carries people just throw gold at you to where you can probably make a million gold or more a week. Just gotta stay away from the people who sell for real money because you'll eventually all get banned

#3628   Nokt

Nokt

The Lost One

• Premium

• 1,056 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:45 PM

Yeah the token prices will probably go back down to around 110k if I had to guess at some point. Gold is crazy now anyways if you get to where you can sell +15 dungeon achievements or heroic guldan carries people just throw gold at you to where you can probably make a million gold or more a week. Just gotta stay away from the people who sell for real money because you'll eventually all get banned

Genius. Never have to pay the subscription fee again, or buy a blizzard game again. All depending on if people are actually buying tokens or not.

#3629   Nokt

Nokt

The Lost One

• Premium

• 1,056 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:09 PM

Not always some games lock and just suffer if the PC can't keep up. What I'm saying is that they can easily allow pro/scorpio to hit 60 and it doesn't have any real competitive consequence outside of the very top end players preferring, obviously, to use the best hardware. I'm confused how you think its a good idea to make the game play and look worse for the sake of people using older hardware even if you yourself aren't using it. Its the equivalent of locking CS at 30 FPS because some players have really shit PCs. They created the same situation when they started to release different hardware specs on consoles. There is no real difference. The actual solution is just to provide different settings depending on what console is being used and if people want more then they can buy a better system. Otherwise what was the point in creating pro/scorpio?

Guess it is in Bungies court for this happening. https://twitter.com/...714152118992896

#3630   RC_5213

RC_5213

• 325 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

I don't know how I feel about everything being 4v4. I feel like 3v3 and 6v6 was just fine. I understand the competitive community is 4v4, but never being able to play MP with my full group is going to get very old very quick.

I know for a fact I don't like the new weapons system. Terrible idea.

#3631   Nokt

Nokt

The Lost One

• Premium

• 1,056 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:40 AM

I don't know how I feel about everything being 4v4. I feel like 3v3 and 6v6 was just fine. I understand the competitive community is 4v4, but never being able to play MP with my full group is going to get very old very quick.

I know for a fact I don't like the new weapons system. Terrible idea.

I feel like 4v4 will just be the main stage PvP. Iron Banner, 6v6, and Trials of Osiris will probably make a return.

They had so many varied modes I don't think they would just throw all that way.

The thing I liked about Destiny is that it had this middle ground between Halo and CoD. You can't just spawn with a Sniper 100% of the time, but you also don't need to have map control 100% of the time (outside of ToO) to get a little ammo scrounged up. Their currently implementation on Destiny 1 is just awful. It feels like they felt like they couldn't balance weapons enough so they just gave up and said okay you'll have little to no ammo and when you die its gone. Primary battles just get.... boring.

I guess this solves that for them, but still feels like a step back. Primaries need to get a lot more varied for this system to work and from what I've watched it doesn't look like thats the case.

#3632   Featherz

Featherz

• 207 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:32 AM

I gone and pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe for Xbox, actually hyped for this game find myself with nothing to play at moment, really not enjoying Halo 5 right now.

Beyond clan hype?

#3633   FLuFFy

FLuFFy

• 5,304 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:14 AM

I gone and pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe for Xbox, actually hyped for this game find myself with nothing to play at moment, really not enjoying Halo 5 right now.

Beyond clan hype?

I'm about to go do a side job today, and the money I earn from it is going to preorder the Digital Deluxe! SUPER PUMPED!

#3634   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,114 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

I feel like 4v4 will just be the main stage PvP. Iron Banner, 6v6, and Trials of Osiris will probably make a return.

The thing I liked about Destiny is that it had this middle ground between Halo and CoD. You can't just spawn with a Sniper 100% of the time, but you also don't need to have map control 100% of the time (outside of ToO) to get a little ammo scrounged up. Their currently implementation on Destiny 1 is just awful. It feels like they felt like they couldn't balance weapons enough so they just gave up and said okay you'll have little to no ammo and when you die its gone. Primary battles just get.... boring.

I guess this solves that for them, but still feels like a step back. Primaries need to get a lot more varied for this system to work and from what I've watched it doesn't look like thats the case.

Pretty much exactly this. D2 feels like a sideways step from Destiny 1. 4s is better than 6s but still worse than 3s.

Not getting shotgunned every second is definitely nice but stripping everyone of quick killing weapons is going to take a huge hit on the individual potential of every player. Single player power ammo is good. I don't know why you need to hold x to pick it up instead of just walking over it but whatever. Some things worse. Some things better.

#3635   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 2,312 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:02 PM

I still think the balancing on the Destiny beta was the best. Everything killed relatively quickly. Everyone had tons of secondary ammo however all of those really annoying things like shotguns, fusion rifles, etc just kind of sucked and the gameplay benefited from it. An auto would kill me if I ran right up on them and my scout would 3 shot kill them from a mile away if they tried to challenge from across the map. It just made sense and precision weapons stomped on weapons that required next to no skill assuming you hit shots. Hand cannons were a total meme and did nothing but I don't really care as long as one precision archtype works. Their problem is that they want everything to be good and once you achieve that it turns into whats easiest.

#3636   RC_5213

RC_5213

• 325 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:49 AM

I'm 90% sure Bungie has come out and said that 4v4 is it for Destiny 2.

See, I liked that you spawned with a sniper/shotty and some ammo to work with at the beginning. Prevented snowballing very well, which is something that was starting to be a problem when I last played Destiny. I personally feel that Destiny MP pre-TDB was the best and, with some balance tweaks, would have been by far the best version of Destiny. HOW was fun, but I couldn't stand how it made TLW/Thorn the only truly viable primaries and brought about the Felwinter's Lie shotgun family. TTK is where it all went off the rails, IMO, with pulse rifles becoming broken as fuck (seriously, Bad Juju was way too good) and the ever decreasing amounts of special ammo.

I stopped after TTK, because I couldn't stand the new light system and how much grinding it entailed, so I have no idea if the meta ever got better, but beta/early launch Destiny MP was by far the best. It was fast, it was explosive, it was fun. Not being forced to constantly scrounge for shotty/sniper ammo was 100% part of it.

-------------

As an aside, the fact that only one person can get heavy ammo from a drop is fucking stupid as well.

#3637   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,114 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

See, I liked that you spawned with a sniper/shotty and some ammo to work with at the beginning. Prevented snowballing very well, which is something that was starting to be a problem when I last played Destiny. I personally feel that Destiny MP pre-TDB was the best and, with some balance tweaks, would have been by far the best version of Destiny. HOW was fun, but I couldn't stand how it made TLW/Thorn the only truly viable primaries and brought about the Felwinter's Lie shotgun family. TTK is where it all went off the rails, IMO, with pulse rifles becoming broken as fuck (seriously, Bad Juju was way too good) and the ever decreasing amounts of special ammo.

I stopped after TTK, because I couldn't stand the new light system and how much grinding it entailed, so I have no idea if the meta ever got better, but beta/early launch Destiny MP was by far the best. It was fast, it was explosive, it was fun. Not being forced to constantly scrounge for shotty/sniper ammo was 100% part of it.

-------------

As an aside, the fact that only one person can get heavy ammo from a drop is fucking stupid as well.

That's the one criteria l critique I don't get. How is one person getting heavy a problem, it just makes it like picking up a power weapon. 6 people running around with rocket ammo in Destiny 1 was stupid as fuck lol it just turned the game into chaos for the next minute.

#3638   Featherz

Featherz

• 207 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:23 AM

I guess people like everyone running round with shotties, launchers and snipers?

I think the changes to crucible look fantastic.

#3639   RC_5213

RC_5213

• 325 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

That's the one criteria l critique I don't get. How is one person getting heavy a problem, it just makes it like picking up a power weapon. 6 people running around with rocket ammo in Destiny 1 was stupid as fuck lol it just turned the game into chaos for the next minute.

Personally speaking, I liked that chaos. It also made timing pushes in correlation with heavy spawn times important, because if you didn't you risked the other team being loaded for bear. And if you did, you could get some fun multi-kills.

I don't really want Destiny to be "sweaty/try-hard" outside of Trials/Salvage. Partially because it's fun and partially because I'll have to wear my try-hard pants constantly to win in MP with 4/6 of my raid group.

#3640   Nokt

Nokt

The Lost One

• Premium

• 1,056 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

They have. I just don't see it happening. It may be that way at launch, but I'm willing to bet 6v6 will make a return.

#3641   Infinity

Infinity
  • Staff

• 8,128 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

They have. I just don't see it happening. It may be that way at launch, but I'm willing to bet 6v6 will make a return.

As a rotational mode, maybe.

I'm super excited with this more focused vision for D2. Hopefully they can land the balance well.

#3642   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,114 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:53 AM

Got to play some d2 at work yesterday 🙃 mid air accuracy seems better than D1 but still shit

#3643   Kreutz

Kreutz

Bold Ruler

• Premium

• 841 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:27 PM

Really hoping for a ranked/unranked split of Crucible playlists.