Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Overwatch Discussion

• Please log in to reply
796 replies to this topic

#776   Craneteam

Craneteam
  • Premium

• 3,742 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

What exactly is the problem with the aiming on console? PC is fine to me, obviously it's different to a controller.

i think the aiming is fine tbh especially since you can control aim smoothing and acceleration on a per character basis. that update made the game feel even better for console

#777   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,726 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:23 PM

Ana is very difficult to use on console. Snipers in general. The rest of the cast aiming is fine though

#778   -DeucEy-

-DeucEy-

• 1,987 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:44 PM

Ana is very difficult to use on console. Snipers in general. The rest of the cast aiming is fine though

Use a XIM4 and shit on everyone.

#779   My Namez BEAST

My Namez BEAST

• 5,794 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

What exactly is the problem with the aiming on console? PC is fine to me, obviously it's different to a controller.

It's hard to really say. The accel curve on dual zone is too drastic, but if you use any other option the aiming becomes too fast and janky. Like your reticle just glides whenever you touch the stick. There's no smooth aim system that has good consistent aiming. It's a huge problem on console, one of the most talked about issues.

#780   My Namez BEAST

My Namez BEAST

• 5,794 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

I think you guys are confusing "fine" with good. It's literally a worse version of H5 aiming and H5 aiming is well known poop. I'm not saying I can't aim I'm saying the system isn't ideal.

There's a reason widow and Cree aren't used very frequently on console.

#781   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,726 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:32 AM

This is how my first 2 placement matches went

I searched with a party of 4. First game is on Dorado. We are on defense. We get murdered. Random on my team quits. (no mics obviously) We push the payload all the way to the last leg with 5 people.

We search again. Match up against THE SAME PEOPLE (I'm in NA what are the chances of this) on Nepal. We lose game one in a close call. Random on my team quits.

#782   Dalahi Lama

Dalahi Lama

• 1,217 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:06 AM

This is how my first 2 placement matches went

I searched with a party of 4. First game is on Dorado. We are on defense. We get murdered. Random on my team quits. (no mics obviously) We push the payload all the way to the last leg with 5 people.

We search again. Match up against THE SAME PEOPLE (I'm in NA what are the chances of this) on Nepal. We lose game one in a close call. Random on my team quits.

You have to queue witha 6 stack on consoles

#783   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,726 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:49 AM

You have to queue witha 6 stack on consoles

I know :/ but we were waiting forever for some friends that never got on.

#784   careh

careh

• 2,474 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

https://overwatchlea...b/news/21047516

Overwatch League:

• Los Angeles (Immortals)

• San Francisco (NRG)

• Miami (Misfits)

• New York (Wilpon)

• Boston (Kraft)

• Seoul (Chou/Lunatic Hai)

• Shanghai (NetEase)

• LA Team #2 (Stan Kroenke)

• London (Cloud 9)

• Philly (Comcast)

• Houston (Optic)

• Dallas (EnVyUs)

Preseason begins on Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at Blizzard Arena Los Angeles with a series of exhibition matches featuring all of the teams

The full season starts on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 and will continue into June, followed by championship playoffs and finals in July.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN what could go wrong?

Rg1WC68.gif

#785   purely fat

purely fat

• 110 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

To add to this C9 just aquired Kongdoo Panthera.

#786   careh

careh

• 2,474 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

To add to this C9 just aquired Kongdoo Panthera.

Yeh I saw that, feels kinda fucked up just that there's such a large cultural disconnect between the players / org / country. We'll see how I feel when they're gearing up for games / running events in these united kingdoms.

#787   purely fat

purely fat

• 110 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

Yeh I saw that, feels kinda fucked up just that there's such a large cultural disconnect between the players / org / country. We'll see how I feel when they're gearing up for games / running events in these united kingdoms.

Yeah it is also kind of bullshit that C9 has a ton talent locked up that can't compete in season 1 because of large contract buyouts.

#788   QuietMan

QuietMan

0118 999 88199 9119 725 3

• 2,726 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

I wonder if they are just going to release the same Junkenstein or if it will be on a new map, like possibly Junk town, or I hope on multiple maps. Anyone else have predictions? 

#789   Lucky--

Lucky--

• 232 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:25 PM

Reached Master at the end of last season  :)  Gonna go for Grandmaster this season

#790   careh

careh

• 2,474 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:09 AM

The Inaugural Season, Explained

https://overwatchlea...s/news/21108384

NT3S1MMSGZXE1509411159922.jpg

#791   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,726 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:33 AM

what a weekend for Overwatch tho. World cup was hype, new short, new hero

#792   Andy

Andy

Dislike Bot

• 2,247 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

Well boys, I finally got to my ultimate goal, even if it is console.

krHZgXx.jpg

#793   Rick

Rick

• 1,460 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:03 AM

That's awesome!  I maxed out at like 22-2300 if I remember correctly but I only played one season.  I couldn't handle being paired with idiots and quitters and I didn't have any friends that played.

#794   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,726 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:06 AM

ugh man I just want diamond lol i placed 2828 and now im down to like 2600. I've been playing with my RL friends who arent that good. They don't put in the work to get better and play hero roulette.

Lost a match on Oasis yesterday that went to game 3 and I finished with gold elims with Zen. That was the first time I've ever done that where we didn't get blown out. 

None of my friends want to tank or heal or are good at tanking and healing, so I always have to do both. They are okay at DPS, but venture away from the team too much, dont group up, randomly use ults. I could carry at this shit SR if i played tracer but obviously thats not ideal

Its just so much more fun to play with my friends, but if I want to rank up I have to play solo or dual queue with an actual good player.

#795   Nokt

Nokt

The Lost One

• Premium

• 1,115 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:15 PM

ugh man I just want diamond lol i placed 2828 and now im down to like 2600. I've been playing with my RL friends who arent that good. They don't put in the work to get better and play hero roulette.

Lost a match on Oasis yesterday that went to game 3 and I finished with gold elims with Zen. That was the first time I've ever done that where we didn't get blown out. 

None of my friends want to tank or heal or are good at tanking and healing, so I always have to do both. They are okay at DPS, but venture away from the team too much, dont group up, randomly use ults. I could carry at this shit SR if i played tracer but obviously thats not ideal

Its just so much more fun to play with my friends, but if I want to rank up I have to play solo or dual queue with an actual good player.

Sounds about the same experience as solo queue.

#796   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,726 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Sounds about the same experience as solo queue.

I had some good games yesterday in solo queue for once. One bad game where i was solo healing zen 4 DPS that did nothing that was to be expected eventually.

This other game was hysterical though. This guy on my team goes Torb on Horizon lunar colony on defense. 5 seconds before the match starts he hasn't put his turret down. I'm like bro u gonna put the turret down hes like oh my bad. Fine, whatever. He's doing okay I guess. We both end up finishing the map so we get another attempt. We finish the map again! We're back on defense, literally the same thing happens with this torb. I'm like bro are you okay? Do you play torb? Turns out he was really tired, has only played about an hour of Torb, and only shoots with the shotgun. We were dying laughing. They finished the map and we ended in a draw. At least I got a laugh out of it.

I'm also gonna start recording my games and rewatch them. Good way to improve.

#797   careh

careh

• 2,474 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:18 PM

I think the quality of teammates really depends on the meta and time of season. Interestingly this is the only team based FPS I can bear to play soloQ.

Last season was an absolute plebfest with 'Mercy Mains' and the associated rando DPS thinking they can do what they want because there's always going to be a main heal with a reset button at the ready for them. Now that she's been nerfed things appear to be back to some normality and there's a reason for people to get back into tanking. Everything is still viable to some degree but I think it's more evident nowadays that composition is linked to maps / gametypes currently rather than general formulas like it used to be.