Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

• Please log in to reply
69215 replies to this topic

#69201   Reamis

Reamis

• 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:59 AM

I mean... its H2A. It needed more maps sure but forge can't save a game with like 3 playable 4v4 maps lol. Especially when its sitting next to all of the classic titles and doesn't even get to say its the newest game to draw people in. Would've been cool if they'd done any of this in a remotely useful time frame for H2A

you think after all the glitches and shit are fixed they’ll work on h2a maps, reach and ODST firefight DLC?

#69202   Apoll0

Apoll0

Weekend LAN party? oh wait...

• 4,726 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

you think after all the glitches and shit are fixed they’ll work on h2a maps, reach and ODST firefight DLC?

Yes (all forge though, if you dont count that then No), No, No

#69203   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,244 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:12 AM

Here's something I've been thinking about for a while. I think Chill Out would play better if camo room had a Prisoner-style window facing the rest of the map, and pink hall had a Downrush sniper style window facing the rest of the map. That's the campiest part of the map, and with its access to camo and rockets, it's also the strongest part of the map. I think opening up new sightlines and grenade access into those areas would make the map flow better and play faster. It would also help Oddball and King of the Hill immensely.

@Cujjer @Riddler @MultiLockOn I'm curious what you guys think.

#69204   OG Nick

OG Nick

Aspiring Game Designer

• 1,565 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:29 AM

Here's something I've been thinking about for a while. I think Chill Out would play better if camo room had a Prisoner-style window facing the rest of the map, and pink hall had a Downrush sniper style window facing the rest of the map. That's the campiest part of the map, and with its access to camo and rockets, it's also the strongest part of the map. I think opening up new sightlines and grenade access into those areas would make the map flow better and play faster. It would also help Oddball and King of the Hill immensely.

@ @ @ I'm curious what you guys think.

If I understand this correctly, I think that pink hall doesn't need the extra window if camo has more sightlines. While the window into pink would make it faster to play/take away a bit of camping I think being able to nade pink hall through the camo window is a better alternative

#69205   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,244 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:45 AM

If I understand this correctly, I think that pink hall doesn't need the extra window if camo has more sightlines. While the window into pink would make it faster to play/take away a bit of camping I think being able to nade pink hall through the camo window is a better alternative

You're right about being able to nade it through the new camo window, but you'd have to be like left of port in main room, and do some awkward ass jump nade if you want to hit right pocket in pink hall (which is currently un-nadeable and unquestionably the best place to hold the ball). Personally, I'd like to make that area more dangerous, given that it's a crucial connector between camo and rockets. I don't like the funnel-esque gameplay that is forced on players in that area of the map. It'd be so nice to be able to nade it from bottom rockets/main.

#69206   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,450 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:09 AM

I would not really be a fan. you take away the mystery of if they are in pink room if you add those sightlines. 

I think putting a sniper in dark and putting a ladder next to dark room port to those gray bridges would be fine. You wouldn't be able to see people ascending this ladder from pink hall by the port. being on the bridge can let you nade/snipe anywhere in the hall. 

#69207   LI Mr X IL

LI Mr X IL

• 114 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:37 PM

I would not really be a fan. you take away the mystery of if they are in pink room if you add those sightlines.

I think putting a sniper in dark and putting a ladder next to dark room port to those gray bridges would be fine. You wouldn't be able to see people ascending this ladder from pink hall by the port. being on the bridge can let you nade/snipe anywhere in the hall.

Well you can get on top of port and then nade yourself up to the bridges to snipe through the window so at least there’s that option.

#69208   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,450 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:40 PM

Well you can get on top of port and then nade yourself up to the bridges to snipe through the window so at least there’s that option.

yeah but giving away your position + putting yourself 1 shot + you still dont have a sniper makes you easy pickings.

It is an option, just not a very good one. though it's better than not having that option

#69209   LI Mr X IL

LI Mr X IL

• 114 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:16 PM

yeah but giving away your position + putting yourself 1 shot + you still dont have a sniper makes you easy pickings.

It is an option, just not a very good one. though it's better than not having that option

Yeah, definitely a risky move and it rarely pays off.

#69210   WARGOD

WARGOD

• 551 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:06 AM

That moment when someone has their sniper zoomed from pink hall out to rocket room only to be double melee'd by a rafter window jump.....

When is it getting fixed?  Tired of 10 shooting kids on their bad oversea connections and still winning.  

#69211   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,244 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:57 AM

I’m gonna stream our 4v4 LAN today. The host wants to use MCC...don’t ask me why...but at least I’ll be able to stream it. Should be a good time. It’ll be at www.twitch.tv/hard_vvay we should go live in about 3 or 4 hours.

#69212   VinnyMendoza

VinnyMendoza

• 1,999 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:58 AM

I wouldn't touch Chill Out at all. You can nade Ball holders from main if your team literally just chucks 10 grenades in because the explosions bounce the newer nades into people in the corners.

I don't mind having one or two spots that are slightly campy for 2v2 either. It's good to have a couple spots that are more defendable when the game is like 48-48 as it slows the pace down perfectly for those last few moments. And you can still nade people who are camping pink like I said. Or rush the port with overshield while your teammate storms hallway.

I also like how creative you can get with the current window into hallway. Sure you are vulnerable nading up but that's the tradeoff for cool moments.

#69213   Horrorphex

Horrorphex

• 20 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:23 PM

MUSA!

#69214   Ethereal Nights

Ethereal Nights

• 698 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:23 PM

@RVG E Nomini

Just noticed you've been on recently. Wanna play some games?

EDIT: Just saw you sent me a message yesterday. Lol.

#69215   Silos

Silos

Resident Speed Runner

• Premium

• 1,086 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 PM

I’m gonna stream our 4v4 LAN today. The host wants to use MCC...don’t ask me why...but at least I’ll be able to stream it. Should be a good time. It’ll be at www.twitch.tv/hard_vvay we should go live in about 3 or 4 hours.

Dang it I missed this. Please stream more of them in the future! I'll definitely try to tune in.

#69216   GunRanger

GunRanger

• 4,603 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:07 PM

First time on mcc in years, and got greeted to a 19gb update. I will say that h2 feels so much better. Im actually happy with it