Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

• Please log in to reply
71213 replies to this topic

#68976   BR N00b

BR N00b

• 628 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:03 PM

Do you even know how to read?

Sure knows how to troll tho.

#68977   Cujjer

Cujjer

• 641 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:28 PM

60fps could be a very unique reason and superior analog sticks(Xbox one > og controller) but in hindsight this is a shot reg issue not an aiming one. I bet you the aim assist values are the same. I can aim better with an Xbox one controller on many games compared to 360.

60fps and the xbone sticks being better may be a large part of aiming being easier on mcc. I would believe it if it was revealed that bullet magnetism values match what the original game has. However, the bullets curving to the center of a player and into walls as a result was not something that occurred in halo PC or the original game. Also, we went from a lockstep type netcode to a much more modern one between the original and mcc versions. I think alot of us are aware that creating something that matches the experience of shooting on lan is probably impossible. We just want the game have difficult, consistent shooting again.

#68978   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 3,083 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

I know you can't match LAN shooting online however, with A LOT of work, they could make it just as reliable as every other Halo. That would involve taking their shortcut they tried with using what halo pc used and putting it in the trash and creating mostly everything from scratch probably. There's probably a 100% chance they'll never do that but its also kind of annoying when its played off like its impossible when its really just a "more work than we're willing to do" problem

#68979   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,916 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:06 PM

Maybe if the game actually ran off dedis. 

#68980   Supermelee24

Supermelee24

• 347 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:31 PM

POPULAR

Do you never have a dick up your ass you fuck

#68981   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 18,839 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

Best post on the forums lmaop

#68982   Missingno

Missingno

• 224 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:12 PM

I still think @Supermelee24 should go to some H1 LANs.  Lots of fun and he definitely has the right attitude for red shotgun spawn in Hang 'Em.

#68983   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,556 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:22 PM

im sorry we dont get upset? Lmao lol

#68984   VinnyMendoza

VinnyMendoza

• 2,088 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:29 AM

Seriously guys like clutchy said it just feels way different this time. Kornman and postums are constantly in the CE discord asking for gametype feedback and information about specific bugs. The level of transparency and involvement has never been this high possibly ever in Halo history. Kornman has even said he is not ruling out lockstep networking and NHE esque options for us on LAN. It feels like he is trying his damndest to give us the best possible experience which I appreciate so much even if 343 pulls the money out before he can finish.

#68985   Supermelee24

Supermelee24

• 347 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:07 AM

im sorry we dont get upset? Lmao lol

Meant to quote that to OG Nick

#68986   Supermelee24

Supermelee24

• 347 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:09 AM

If CE mcc gets nhe that’ll be the best. I wouldn’t mind going to a lan if it’s on mcc. 60fps is a need for me. I can’t play any shooter on 30.

#68987   Cujjer

Cujjer

• 641 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:10 AM

If CE mcc gets nhe that’ll be the best. I wouldn’t mind going to a lan if it’s on mcc. 60fps is a need for me. I can’t play any shooter on 30.

I really think that you would enjoy the game even on 30 fps. Because halo 1 has alot of reticle friction (where your reticle slows down as it passes over a player) it is probably the most tolerable 30 fps game you can play. I play some newer games too where I'm seeing at least 100 fps and I find it very easy to go back. The first match is a bit rough though.

#68988   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,403 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:30 AM

30 FPS is like getting into a pool. It might suck at first but you will get used to it pretty quick.

#68989   Missingno

Missingno

• 224 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:16 PM

You would get used to it very fast.  I'm talking after 1 game.  MCC H1 does not feel like playing the same game, at all, and I mean that in a bad way.  Of course 60 FPS is wonderful but I willingly play 30 FPS if I get to play original Xbox H1.

#68990   Landonio

Landonio

• 490 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:20 PM

LMAO

#68991   CIutchy

CIutchy

Fake 50

• 477 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:51 PM

c638384c1abe59777e28d19fa29abc6b.png

Some Stuff postums has said in the discord, Not much but some of it is interesting.

#68992   SpitFlame

SpitFlame

• 137 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

The fact that the whole Chief/Cortana relationship and "what does it mean to be alive" questions were posed and handled adequately, doesn't make the whole campaign good though.  I agree that Halo could use a little more personal stories that aren't just "Gotta save the universe" every time. My complaints about the campaign are only half story related. What could have been a 9/10 campaign ended up being a 5 for me:

Personal stories to me will always be superior to impersonal "save the world" stories. But fine, let's see what you have to say.

The prometheans are a bad enemy.  Annoying to fight, out of left field tron looking m'fers .   

Agreed. Lore-wise they're pretty cool, but actually fighting them is a bit of a chore. I think they were improved in Halo 5.

Levels are extremely corridor-shooty.  Even the levels that look more expansive where you could have a variety of combat options really don't because you are surround by giant pits of death.

Agreed. Halo 4's campaign's level design is by far its weakest aspect. Too much running down linear paths, pressing buttons, and shutting down generators.

They turned the Covi's into generic, personality-less enemies

It's not that they were generic, it's just that the covenant weren't the main focus. They were just kinda there as a consequence of trying to revive the Didact. So even if they were generic, how does it detract from the actual plot?

The Didact/Librarian relationship and background really really bugs me.  This is probably the biggest "ok 343 fuck you" thing. I might be overemphasizing how poorly this was done, but it should NEVER be necessary for me to read a wiki for an hour to even try to have some semblance of an idea of wtf just happened. The only prior knowledge that may be necessary is that of the other games.  I was pretty much done with the story of the game as soon as the librarian had her little speech.

There actually are a collection of in-game terminals that do a decent job of explaining where the Didact comes from, what's his beef with the humans, and so on.

Music

This is where we agree to disagree. Halo 4's music was the tits.

The thing is, halo has never had great campaigns.  They have always been average and Halo 4 is no exception it just did the whole character development thing better than prior games but other things worse.  The only truly bad all around halo campaign was Halo 5.

Yeah, Halo has never had truly great writing. My whole point was that Halo 4 is the first game to do so.

#68993   Nades

Nades

• 1,541 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:38 PM

Have they said anything more on adding an EXP system? Seriously think H3's EXP system should have been a staple in the series, it's perfect. Playlist EXP and your overall EXP gives you more reason to get on and play.

#68994   Supermelee24

Supermelee24

• 347 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

I really think that you would enjoy the game even on 30 fps. Because halo 1 has alot of reticle friction (where your reticle slows down as it passes over a player) it is probably the most tolerable 30 fps game you can play. I play some newer games too where I'm seeing at least 100 fps and I find it very easy to go back. The first match is a bit rough though.

I have tried and it’s not working out man. Not on ce but reach h3 other games it’s just horrible.

#68995   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 18,839 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:48 PM

c638384c1abe59777e28d19fa29abc6b.png

Some Stuff postums has said in the discord, Not much but some of it is interesting.

Happy to hear they're planning at least six months ahead with rotationals. 

Thanks for posting this stuff.

#68996   Apoll0

Apoll0

Weekend LAN party? oh wait...

• 4,944 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:55 PM

Yeah, i guess pretty much everything we disagree on is pure opinion, "different strokes for different folks" stuff that i have no beef with, but I did want to respond to this.

There actually are a collection of in-game terminals that do a decent job of explaining where the Didact comes from, what's his beef with the humans, and so on.

These things are fine but they should be extra's.  its a linear FPS that is telling me a story.  The only time i should be forced to hunt for purposefully hidden collectibles, terminals or what have you, is if there is a mission or quest specifically setup to find those things that is required as part of the main story. Thereby forcing me not to miss anything.  Anything that is necessary to understand a story should be given to me by said game as a natural part of level progression.  I know halo writing has never been particularly strong, but this is something that Halo 3 handled properly.  You could make your way through the entire game and never read a terminal and still have full understanding of what was going on.  The terminals just gave you some extra interesting background that was nice, but not necessary.  As soon as that kind of stuff becomes necessary to even have a basic understanding of some of the story elements like it was in Halo 4, that's a problem.

#68997   FarSight XR~20

FarSight XR~20

• 548 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:38 PM

Kornman and postums are constantly in the CE discord asking for gametype feedback and information about specific bugs.

Which specific bugs?

#68998   ChieftaiNZ

ChieftaiNZ

• 1,185 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:20 PM

POPULAR

Yeah, i guess pretty much everything we disagree on is pure opinion, "different strokes for different folks" stuff that i have no beef with, but I did want to respond to this.

These things are fine but they should be extra's.  its a linear FPS that is telling me a story.  The only time i should be forced to hunt for purposefully hidden collectibles, terminals or what have you, is if there is a mission or quest specifically setup to find those things that is required as part of the main story. Thereby forcing me not to miss anything.  Anything that is necessary to understand a story should be given to me by said game as a natural part of level progression.  I know halo writing has never been particularly strong, but this is something that Halo 3 handled properly.  You could make your way through the entire game and never read a terminal and still have full understanding of what was going on.  The terminals just gave you some extra interesting background that was nice, but not necessary.  As soon as that kind of stuff becomes necessary to even have a basic understanding of some of the story elements like it was in Halo 4, that's a problem.

Also you had to use the absolutely fuck**g awful Waypoint app to access the Halo 4 terminals, they weren't access in-game. It was a bloody chore to view them. 

Halo 4's campaign is over rated. Shit levels with boring gameplay, shitty enemies, and a story held together with ducktape you have to go and find yourself. The story has far to much reliance on outside information to even begin to understand why this grey dude with visible muscle on his face wants to find a composer thing and kill human's. Also lets not get started on the Librarian sequence, what the fuck was the point of that, its probably the most confusing cutscene in the entire series, and nearly 6 years later I still don't understand what the point of it was.

The Chief/Cortana relationship is the one good thing in the campaign, as well as the ending, but Halo 5 took a massive dump on all of that when Cortana wasn't dead but she was evil now, and she became Galactic Hologram Hitler.

#68999   Silos

Silos

Resident Speed Runner

• Premium

• 1,191 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:33 PM

@Hard Way @Missingno Thanks for the tips to play Double Take and Zero Hour. They both worked way better than I thought they would even among beginners. Sadly we didn't have time to try Longest flag or Wizard ball like Hard Way suggested we could try. Everybody had fun though so we'll definitely be getting together more.

Also training mode in NHE is a godsend. The three players I was with were not familiar with spawns other than you spawn close by unless you're in a random zone. Them being able to visualize spawns, guess spawns, and give the occasional random made the night a lot of fun. It makes Creek and HH incredibly ugly though, and Derelict was even harder when none of them knew where to stand for top spawns and instead the team up top knew exactly where to look for every bottom spawn when one was alive, but those are sacrifices I'll gladly make for how well the rest of the games went.

#69000   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,556 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:18 AM

@Hard Way @Missingno Thanks for the tips to play Double Take and Zero Hour. They both worked way better than I thought they would even among beginners. Sadly we didn't have time to try Longest flag or Wizard ball like Hard Way suggested we could try. Everybody had fun though so we'll definitely be getting together more.

Also training mode in NHE is a godsend. The three players I was with were not familiar with spawns other than you spawn close by unless you're in a random zone. Them being able to visualize spawns, guess spawns, and give the occasional random made the night a lot of fun. It makes Creek and HH incredibly ugly though, and Derelict was even harder when none of them knew where to stand for top spawns and instead the team up top knew exactly where to look for every bottom spawn when one was alive, but those are sacrifices I'll gladly make for how well the rest of the games went.

for dere just hug a wall and stand on a spawn. If its not on a wall its not a top spawn or at least a guaranteed top spawn