Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

• Please log in to reply
68367 replies to this topic

#68351   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,147 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

Can't throw him under da bus. I mean, he's always the one that remembers to grab overshield on Chill Out. Who's gonna grab it if I alienate him. Know what I mean?

I'm serious about that. I have a timer and everything. I always forget about the overshield for whatever reason.

On even minutes I WISH my partner would forget about OS.

#68352   VinnyMendoza

VinnyMendoza

• 1,982 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:33 PM

Everyone's playing the same version of MCC. It's outrageous that people think they are cursed with this huge disadvantage on MCC. Host is a disadvantage in Halo 1 MCC, so 3 people probably have the same registration, with 1 player having it a little bit worse.

You have to play MCC smarter than OG because the inconsistent registration makes powerups way more important. You want to get the first shot or two off on lan. You have to get the first 3 or 4 off on MCC. Obj is your opinion I guess.

You have to play smarter? I completely disagree. You can play like a total moron and win because you aren't punished as quickly sometimes when hit registration isn't working. Then magically turn around and 3 the host like it's not a problem just due to the nature of the connection. Sure I guess you have to play "smarter" in the sense that the game is a total fucking crapshoot so you feel like you have to be incredibly patient to reliably set up a kill. Problem is CE was not designed for players to be so patient and passive so it's really not smart to play that slow. Especially when the shots actually work... You gotta play MCC CE like it's the Reach DMR, be aggressive knowing the percentages and inconsistencies will fuck you over sometimes but overall the aim assist is so ridiculous sometimes that you might get a stupid kill because the pistol can be so easy when it actually registers.

I might agree with your sentiment that host disadvantage is not a huge deal IF CE was 4v4... But since it's usually 2v2, half of your team is rendered useless in a lot of scenarios.

#68353   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,341 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:49 PM

Why i don't like playing mcc ce 2v2* (i love btb):

1. the connection is almost always ass or hitscan and it seems to never be fair.

2. sound whoring is ********. you can hear where the enemy spawns so spawn killing/trapping takes no mental thought, no elimination process, no guesswork. It's not fun playing people who do this. the sound distance is over 2x what it is on original xbox though spawn sounds should be removed.

3. hang em high plays 100% different lol. controlling camo with rockets is stupid because sniper is so, so much stronger and quick camo doesnt work half the time not to mention you get rockets that only no shield them. 

4. damnation is even more dumb because you can't sneak around because of sound whoring. if you sit green plat you can hear them coming up clinky, if they spawn green/snipe/shotguns. so either they spawn shit (which u can hear if ur on the pipes), or they spawned red. you can just stare at the 4 exits now. and ofc sniper is better so pushing from port is even harder. if you shit you can't pick up sniper or ur position is given away. 

5. no classic sounds hurts my being. 

though i don't mind hosting on chilly/pris. close range on host is fine for me and the game feels more responsive on host. tho yeah im 100% never getting into a pistol battle cross map unless its camo guy thats lit. host is at least consistent. 

#68354   Niku

Niku

• 44 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:03 AM

Does anyone know if the ranks and stats are being reset when the next patch comes?

#68355   OG Nick

OG Nick

Aspiring Game Designer

• 1,519 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:14 AM

Does anyone know if the ranks and stats are being reset when the next patch comes?

No clue, but rank reset would be nice if they can implement skill matching and part restrictions. Stats I doubt they would, but I've been let down by them before.

#68356   Niku

Niku

• 44 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:55 AM

No clue, but rank reset would be nice if they can implement skill matching and part restrictions. Stats I doubt they would, but I've been let down by them before.

MCC can not afford skill matching and party restrictions. Game is dead af

#68357   Basu

Basu

• 2,012 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:01 AM

rotational playlists  :mj:

Dreams shattered.

You ever play Shadowrun? Matchmaking worked like a list of preference boxes. You could check/uncheck 4v4, 6v6, 8v8, any of the 3 gametypes, and any of the maps, and it just threw you into whatever it could find after that. It worked pretty great. Titanfall 2 did something very similar with its gametypes. I imagine it’ll work like that, just with Halo games and team sizes. I’m guessing “ranked” will also be a check box.

Yeah I've been proposing checkboxes ever since the playlists were initially announced back in September '14. It's the best solution and for once would please literally everyone, the H3 kids, the hardcore CE players, the SWAT kids etc. Just give us the OG H3 playlists for every game and then add checkboxes so people can search for whatever they feel like playing. Or alternatively add the 40+ playlists and then make it possible to search in multiple playlists simultaneously (TF2 mixtape).

Unfortunately, with the knowledge of how god awful 343 is at playlist management I suppose it will go like this:

- Every game gets its own 2v2, TS, BTB, Objective, Multi Team etc playlist

- Snipers, SWAT, Grifball etc will be rotational with a different game every week

1 month later

- "Omg we don't have the population for all these playlists"

- Cuts 50% of the playlists, making it impossible to ever play CE BTB or H2 Objective again

- The game dies again

#68358   Ethereal Nights

Ethereal Nights

• 664 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:48 AM

On even minutes I WISH my partner would forget about OS.

Looks I just found my new partner. Sorry @RVG E Nomini. :kappa:

#68359   Zandermannnn

Zandermannnn

• 433 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:42 AM

next couple of weeks.

Nice, was this in their post flight breakdown? I havnt seen anything on when the next flight might be.

#68360   SweetNSavery

SweetNSavery

• 3,141 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:43 AM

Nice, was this in their post flight breakdown? I havnt seen anything on when the next flight might be.

They said it during the Inside Xbox Halo stuff.

#68361   OG Nick

OG Nick

Aspiring Game Designer

• 1,519 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:44 AM

Shady Halo Kids

#68362   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,341 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:11 AM

MCC can not afford skill matching and party restrictions. Game is dead af

tell that to halo 3 where they still work 11 years after launch much less for a revitalized mcc that already has more players when its "ded"

#68363   Ethereal Nights

Ethereal Nights

• 664 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

Shady Halo Kids

How'd you know that's our team name?

#68364   OG Nick

OG Nick

Aspiring Game Designer

• 1,519 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:35 AM

How'd you know that's our team name?

Because you're the majority of the population under 28

#68365   RVG E Nomini

RVG E Nomini

• 454 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:36 AM

Say goodbye to your horns, bud. :p

#68366   Ethereal Nights

Ethereal Nights

• 664 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:51 AM

Because you're the majority of the population under 28

I guess that's what I get for being so good. My reputation precedes me.

Say goodbye to your horns, bud. :p

I won't allow you to ruin this for me. I won't. :mj:

#68367   OG Nick

OG Nick

Aspiring Game Designer

• 1,519 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:05 PM

@Ethereal Nights @RVG E Nomini games tonight?

#68368   RVG E Nomini

RVG E Nomini

• 454 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:11 AM

@Ethereal Nights @RVG E Nomini games tonight?

I'll be on tonight after I finish some lab work bs.