Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

OT of GG | What are you playing right now?

• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

#1   ssj

ssj

• 2,815 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Figured GG needs an OT thread to talk about other games and game your playing. 

#2   BriteeyeZ

BriteeyeZ

DEMON LORD

• 981 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Been working on Tomb Raider. It's not even fair for me to judge the game after playing The Last of Us, because I can't stop comparing the two and it's making me not really like TR. :c

#3   amo819

amo819

Scalzo Sucks

• 8,693 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

Left 4 Dead 2 and XCOM. I'm a little behind the ball.

I'll pick up Splintercell and GTA here soon

#4   Lucifer

Lucifer

BANNED

• Banned

• 614 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Just got into Mirrors Edge, this game is really good

#5   ssj

ssj

• 2,815 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

I just beat Vice City recently and i bought Okami HD. I like Okami, but i don't have the patience to play it right now. There's a lot of reading at times where you go around seeing what people have to say to figure out what's going on, but the game is pretty, i do enjoy the art style.

I had change my GT on PSN cause i lost all my information for my main account. I mean i can still go on it, but when the PS4 comes around i'm gonna need to know the info. So i made a new account and trying to get the 8 trophies or whatever you call it back. So as we speak i'm playing Miami Hotline on my new account and gonna beat that game again.

Been working on Tomb Raider. It's not even fair for me to judge the game after playing The Last of Us, because I can't stop comparing the two and it's making me not really like TR. :c

Tomb Raider was the next game i played after beating The Last of Us. The Last of Us is so good that everything else looks like poop, but Tomb Raider was actually a really fun game. the mechanics were down well and there was soooooo much action in that game.

I think there should be a warning for The Last of Us that tells you to not play another game for awhile cause it'll be shit compared to The Last of Us lol.

Just got into Mirrors Edge, this game is really good

I think i'm almost done that game. I'm probably gonna not finish it on my original account and play it on my new one. It's aight. I've gotten extremely frustrated with that game. So many times where i know something should work, but it doesn't and i just fall.

#6   sbk

sbk

• 1,403 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

Just beat Borderlands 2. Playing League of Legends til GTA V is released. Maybe some csgo if I get bored.

#7   BriteeyeZ

BriteeyeZ

DEMON LORD

• 981 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Tomb Raider was the next game i played after beating The Last of Us. The Last of Us is so good that everything else looks like poop, but Tomb Raider was actually a really fun game. the mechanics were down well and there was soooooo much action in that game.

I think there should be a warning for The Last of Us that tells you to not play another game for awhile cause it'll be shit compared to The Last of Us lol.

The action was almost annoying to me before I got used to it. Every other turn I was thrown into a near death situation, falling off a cliff, or running for my life. It didn't even have the shock effect anymore. Lol. I just beat it, the ending was about what I expected. It was a decent game, I'd probably rate it higher if I hadn't just played the best game of my poor excuse of a life. Lmao. No idea what I'll play next. I'm currently trying to catch up on videojuegos that I've missed out on in the past year or so.

#8   Bromanjaro

Bromanjaro

• 134 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

The action was almost annoying to me before I got used to it. Every other turn I was thrown into a near death situation, falling off a cliff, or running for my life. It didn't even have the shock effect anymore. Lol. I just beat it, the ending was about what I expected. It was a decent game, I'd probably rate it higher if I hadn't just played the best game of my poor excuse of a life. Lmao. No idea what I'll play next. I'm currently trying to catch up on videojuegos that I've missed out on in the past year or so.

I actually just started playing Tomb Raider a few days ago after I bought it nearly a month or so ago. I have a terrible problem of buying games I really want to play, and never play them. I play to much multiplayer o.O

#9   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 4,842 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

I'm still kicking around on Shadowrun and trying to find games on Quake Arena

#10   TheFunkyChickn

TheFunkyChickn

Rolly Planks

• Premium

• 916 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

Well, as of today i'm starting H4 on Legendary Solo. Played up through Reclaimer and picking it back up tomorrow. It's not necessarily difficult, just patience and keeping yourself from rushing any battle. So far, so good, but I'm not looking forward to more Promethian knights/crawlers in masses.

#11   Mechonis

Mechonis

BANNED

• Banned

• 1,232 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

Going to start ODST again and play Red Dead Redemption for the first time.

#12   Rick

Rick

• 1,403 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

I am thinking about playing GTA4 again...just as a warm up for V.

#13   ssj

ssj

• 2,815 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

Since you have a PS3 you should get Journey and Hotline Miami. Those 2 games would not disappoint even after just beating The Last of Us. So i lied, Hotline Miami was the game i beat after beating The Last of Us. Hotline Miami didn't feel like a shit game either. Neither would Journey. Those are 2 of the best indie/arcade games i've ever played.

#14   Hunter

Hunter

• 140 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

Just won my first Diplomatic Victory on Civilization V: Brave New World (Prince difficulty). For a few people Prince isn't all that difficult, but I'm a casual player. I was initially going for a science victory but one civ was one away from a cultural victory and another civilization was two away. 

I gotta say, I absolutely mastered strategy at the end of the game. I did not renew open borders with the two civs about to win (hurts their tourism), then I proposed a trade embargo on the two civilizations (which also hurts tourism), I liberated another civilization forcing them to vote for me in World Congress (and in the process I killed another civilization off), deleted all my units, rushed every money building, switched my cities focus to 'Wealth', and finally with all my gold I allied every city-state that I could. By the end of the game I was pushing 450 GPT. Luckily I liberated that one empire when I did because it bought me just enough votes to win.

#15   ssj

ssj

• 2,815 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

I actually just started playing Tomb Raider a few days ago after I bought it nearly a month or so ago. I have a terrible problem of buying games I really want to play, and never play them. I play to much multiplayer o.O

I have that same problem. The reason why i don't have XBL Gold right now is so that i actually play more of my other SP game son my PS3. Cause if i had gold i'd just be playing a lot of H3 lol.

#16   Bromanjaro

Bromanjaro

• 134 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

I have that same problem. The reason why i don't have XBL Gold right now is so that i actually play more of my other SP game son my PS3. Cause if i had gold i'd just be playing a lot of H3 lol.

I've bought tomb raider, gears or war judgement, borderlands 2, gta4 and mortal kombat and have only played about an hour and a half of each haha. There are very few SP games that I can actually enjoy enough to play through. I'm picky.

#17   ssj

ssj

• 2,815 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

I've bought tomb raider, gears or war judgement, borderlands 2, gta4 and mortal kombat and have only played about an hour and a half of each haha. There are very few SP games that I can actually enjoy enough to play through. I'm picky.

It's hard to keep playing them when you can just throw in an MP game and start shootin stuff.

My list goes something like this.

Dead Space(i'm just too chicken shit to play that game alone lol).
Doom3 BFG Edition(i'm at a part that's really hard and scary lol).
Okami HD(i'm in the middle of playing that)
Assassin Creed Brother Hood(I stopped playing that like a year ago and i pretty far in it too).
Borderlands(i find it kind of boring, i got my guy up to like level 12 playing with my friends, but the file corrupted so i never went back to play it).
FF8(I'm not a big fan of the guardian Fiends. I can just spam that all day)
FF9(i was actually enjoying it, but my buddy saved over my file, luckily i had another saved file, but still couple of hours to catch up or more).
FF13(i'm pretty far in the game, i'm on the second disc, but since i kinda know what happens i don't really want to play it).
MGS3(i bought the HD collection, but i beat MGS3 on the PS2 when it first came out and i just wanted to play something else since i beat MGS2 just before)
MGS4(I don't know why i didn't continue to play it, i probably will, but i think ima play MGS 1 first)
Resident Evil 2(i didn't buy the game, my buddy is sharing it with me digitally on ps3, but i do have a file that i have already started, but i haven't palyed that for a while)

Lol i still have even more games i have that i haven't palyed or need to beat, but i think that's a long enough list. lol

#18   Ryaanski

Ryaanski

• 260 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

It's hard to keep playing them when you can just throw in an MP game and start shootin stuff.

My list goes something like this.

Dead Space(i'm just too chicken shit to play that game alone lol).
Borderlands(i find it kind of boring, i got my guy up to like level 12 playing with my friends, but the file corrupted so i never went back to play it).

Dead Space is not actually scary besides the JUMP OUT OF NOWHERE stuff.

I started playing Borderlands with a 4 player team and after we got like a quarter of the way through we stopped playing because it wasnt fun.  I picked it back up solo and it was 100x more fun Solo.

OT:Fable 3

Dead Rising 2

Magic 13

Hitman Absolution

Boy do I love me some free games.

Also I have Gears Judgement but that games meh. Im also thinking about doing another playthrough of GTA IV

#19   ssj

ssj

• 2,815 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

Dead Space is not actually scary besides the JUMP OUT OF NOWHERE stuff.

I started playing Borderlands with a 4 player team and after we got like a quarter of the way through we stopped playing because it wasnt fun.  I picked it back up solo and it was 100x more fun Solo.

OT:Fable 3
Dead Rising 2
Magic 13
Hitman Absolution

Boy do I love me some free games.

Also I have Gears Judgement but that games meh. Im also thinking about doing another playthrough of GTA IV

That shit's the worst for me is stuff jumping out of no where so i'm always on my feet excepting something. I got a little ways into the game, but that was my original account(which i forgot the info for) so when i restarted and was instantly scared from the first part when you're to the elevator i thought "fuck this".

Really? You found Border Lands more enjoyable playing by yourself? Only reason why i actually got a couple hours into that game was because i was playing with my friends.

I'm gonna try and beat San Andreas before i get GTA V. I'm playing San Andreas on the side, not making it my main game so i'll probably won't finish it in time. San Andreas is definitely better than Vice City as a a GTA game, but i can't get enough of those bright colours in Vice City. San Andreas is a little more gloomier.

I always thought'd be cool if in GTA IV they would have made DLC where you can fly to the airport to Vice City or something. Or just make a Vice City story DLC. I would really like to see what they could do with Vice City with better hardware.

#20   amo819

amo819

Scalzo Sucks

• 8,693 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

You're crazy. Vice City was a way more enjoyable experience. 

Worked my way through all the L4D2 campaigns on normal. I like the feel of this game (basically counterstrike), but it feels like it is missing something. I need to play a little more to figure it out. 

Now just need to start playing Crackdown, XCOM, or Dead Rising 2 instead of just running Spelunky over and over again. 

#21   IKorlash

IKorlash

• 904 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

- Trials Evolution, must keep playing to maintain my skill

- Some Battlefield 3, making an effort to enjoy these kind of games with BF4 and Titanfall coming out.

- Doing a run of Pokemon White (using new ones I haven't used) in preparation for X/Y

#22   ssj

ssj

• 2,815 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

You're crazy. Vice City was a way more enjoyable experience. 

Worked my way through all the L4D2 campaigns on normal. I like the feel of this game (basically counterstrike), but it feels like it is missing something. I need to play a little more to figure it out. 

Now just need to start playing Crackdown, XCOM, or Dead Rising 2 instead of just running Spelunky over and over again.

No that's not what i'm saying. I like Vice City more, but San Andreas has a bigger world, more things to do, improved physics. I haven't gotten extremely far in San Andreas, but it seems the story in San Andreas is a little more deeper. Vice Cities Story is interesting up until you take over the Mansion. Then it gets weird and the story seems to stop because you're buying all the properties. I unno.
But like i said don't get me wrong, i prefer Vice City over San Andreas, but in terms of quality San Andreas is probably better.

I still put it Vice City > San Andreas > GTA IV > GTA 3

#23   amo819

amo819

Scalzo Sucks

• 8,693 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

No that's not what i'm saying. I like Vice City more, but San Andreas has a bigger world, more things to do, improved physics. I haven't gotten extremely far in San Andreas, but it seems the story in San Andreas is a little more deeper. Vice Cities Story is interesting up until you take over the Mansion. Then it gets weird and the story seems to stop because you're buying all the properties. I unno.
But like i said don't get me wrong, i prefer Vice City over San Andreas, but in terms of quality San Andreas is probably better.

I still put it Vice City > San Andreas > GTA IV > GTA 3

As long as you have Vice City first, I don't care about anything else haha. 

Forgot to put in here that I'm working on my second run through of Ni No Kuni after getting the platinum. Just playing through the game to enjoy the story, settings, and play characters that I didn't try the first time when all I cared about was the platinum and having the very best team. 

#24   ssj

ssj

• 2,815 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

As long as you have Vice City first, I don't care about anything else haha. 

Forgot to put in here that I'm working on my second run through of Ni No Kuni after getting the platinum. Just playing through the game to enjoy the story, settings, and play characters that I didn't try the first time when all I cared about was the platinum and having the very best team. 

I got up to where you get the girl in your squad then sold it. Not because i didn't enjoy it(because i did), but because i was playing more MP games i figured i'd get my moneys worth by trading it in for a different game and then rebuying it once it's cheaper. 

#25   amo819

amo819

Scalzo Sucks

• 8,693 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

I got up to where you get the girl in your squad then sold it. Not because i didn't enjoy it(because i did), but because i was playing more MP games i figured i'd get my moneys worth by trading it in for a different game and then rebuying it once it's cheaper. 

It gets a lot better after the first 6-10 hours depending on how fast you are moving through the game. Definitely pick it back up. Well worth playing through. 

It can also be extremely challenging if you just play it blind and don't aim for certain characters. Still completely doable, but there are some characters in the game that are just incredibly overpowered.