Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Super Smash Bros Thread

• Please log in to reply
2265 replies to this topic

#2251   Infinity

Infinity
  • Staff

• 8,168 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:23 PM

So I went to a LAN party this weekend, and dominated with Pikachu. I was going up against pretty solid guys who mained Shiek and Falcon.

I haven't seen much of the pro play, but I know Fox and Falcon usually dominate the scene. How does Pikachu hold up?

The characters that dominate the scene are primarily Fox, Falco, Shiek, and Marth, with other characters such as Peach, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, and more also being used commonly in tournament.

Pikachu is at the top mid-tier, with plenty of people referring to him as a 'poor man's Fox' because he has similar mobility and kill power/setups, but has some different traits and unique weaknesses

Axe is the best Pikachu player in the world, demonstrating an extremely high skill ceiling for technical/mechanical skills with Pikachu. If you want to check out some Pikachu combos/gameplay I'd definitely look for some tournament VoDs of Axe, he has some awesome tricks up his sleeve with that character.

#2252   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,720 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

@Given To Fly

Axe is the only good pikachu, so if you want to get good with Pikachu you are going to need to study basically only him.

Where do you live? You can try to find some local tournaments. That's the best way to get experience. Also netplay has never been better, thats also a viable option.

#2253   Given To Fly

Given To Fly

• 67 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

@Given To Fly

Axe is the only good pikachu, so if you want to get good with Pikachu you are going to need to study basically only him.

Where do you live? You can try to find some local tournaments. That's the best way to get experience. Also netplay has never been better, thats also a viable option.

Central minnesota, I would love to try some tourneys. I will have to check to see if anything goes on in minneapolis.

I've been watching some axe, and he can sure pull off some crazy stuff. I only have melee, but my buddy and I are looking into project M. 

Hows smash wii u hold up?

#2254   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,720 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:02 AM

Central minnesota, I would love to try some tourneys. I will have to check to see if anything goes on in minneapolis.

I've been watching some axe, and he can sure pull off some crazy stuff. I only have melee, but my buddy and I are looking into project M. 

Hows smash wii u hold up?

Smash 4 is very popular. I've only played it a few times though. Its very different from Melee. Watch some streams if you are interested.

#2255   LimeSoda

LimeSoda

• 2,708 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

SSC was pretty dope, I tied for 33rd in 64 singles. Very solid placing for me, personally, but I really should have gotten 49th as Snorlax (top player in Canada) DQ'd out of my division 1 pool. I went Pikachu vs every Kirby for the first time and it worked out pretty well. Beat Bark Sanchez (and Sedda who I lost to last year) in money matches so that was cool. Got to stay in Wizzrobe's room for a night too so had a lot of fun.

#2256   2pro4show

2pro4show

• 1,044 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

SSC was pretty dope, I tied for 33rd in 64 singles. Very solid placing for me, personally, but I really should have gotten 49th as Snorlax (top player in Canada) DQ'd out of my division 1 pool. I went Pikachu vs every Kirby for the first time and it worked out pretty well. Beat Bark Sanchez (and Sedda who I lost to last year) in money matches so that was cool. Got to stay in Wizzrobe's room for a night too so had a lot of fun.

Nice dude

#2257   LimeSoda

LimeSoda

• 2,708 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

Nice dude

The first thing I said to Preston when I saw him was 'you seen my boy nero lately?'

#2258   2pro4show

2pro4show

• 1,044 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:00 PM

The first thing I said to Preston when I saw him was 'you seen my boy nero lately?'

lol, haven't touched the game in like a year now or something. Moving to a new place soon though and I may look into getting a 64 setup after I get settled in... gonna be a grind learning controller but I kinda wanna give it a shot

#2259   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,156 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

sounds awesome. 

ssc is the closest 64 major near me and both years its been during beach lan. those mother fuckers... don't want to travel for 64 events until i have a tiny chance at making top 32. 

#2260   LimeSoda

LimeSoda

• 2,708 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:56 AM

Got 45th at Boss Battle 3. Not my best performance as I did better at SSC with like double the entrants, lol. But honestly 64 exclusives are harder as there's no cross-over scrubs from the other games. 

Best moment was getting 5th in the YOLO tournament somehow, taking out the boss himself The Z.

https://clips.twitch...lentToadVoteNay

No comment on this clip

https://clips.twitch...ackleCodVoteYea

#2261   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,720 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

Plup beat Armada! It finally happened wow. That's an unbreakable record by Armada.

#2262   TheTodd

TheTodd

• 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:38 PM

I was on another site and they were talking about who should be in the next game. I want Isaac from Golden Sun, Wolf Link and Midna, an Inkling from Splatoon, and some more new faces.

Who would you guys like?

#2263   S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME

• 1,238 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

I was on another site and they were talking about who should be in the next game. I want Isaac from Golden Sun, Wolf Link and Midna, an Inkling from Splatoon, and some more new faces.

Who would you guys like?

Simon Belmont.

Has a whip, plus magic throwing items. Potential to be a completely unique fighting style.

Castlevania needs some Nintendo love.

#2264   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,156 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:35 AM

Honestly goku would be baller as fuck. If we have cloud we can have goku

#2265   TheTodd

TheTodd

• 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

Simon Belmont.

Has a whip, plus magic throwing items. Potential to be a completely unique fighting style.

Castlevania needs some Nintendo love.

Oh man!!!! I forgot I wanted him too! He'd be a unique character for sure!

#2266   logan

logan

• 1,267 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

The characters that dominate the scene are primarily Fox, Falco, Shiek, and Marth, with other characters such as Peach, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, and more also being used commonly in tournament.

Pikachu is at the top mid-tier, with plenty of people referring to him as a 'poor man's Fox' because he has similar mobility and kill power/setups, but has some different traits and unique weaknesses

Axe is the best Pikachu player in the world, demonstrating an extremely high skill ceiling for technical/mechanical skills with Pikachu. If you want to check out some Pikachu combos/gameplay I'd definitely look for some tournament VoDs of Axe, he has some awesome tricks up his sleeve with that character.

Don't forget Axe's Young Link.