Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Super Smash Bros Thread

• Please log in to reply
2265 replies to this topic

#1   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,721 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

I just figured a lot of people have gotten into Smash bros Melee after seeing the documentary, so I figured I would make a topic on it. Feel free to discuss all things super smash bros. All games are welcome to discuss (64, Melee, Brawl, Project M,  the new Wii U smash) but most of this will be about Melee.

#2   ssj

ssj

• 2,815 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

I just figured a lot of people have gotten into Smash bros Melee after seeing the documentary, so I figured I would make a topic on it. Feel free to discuss all things super smash bros. All games are welcome to discuss (64, Melee, Brawl, Project M, the new Wii U smash) but most of this will be about Melee.

The FGC is small here I figured it would be best If we had one thread for all fighting games. The link is in my sig.

#3   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,721 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

The FGC is small here I figured it would be best I we had one thread for all fighting games. It's in my sig.

Yeah I suppose

#4   Uninterpretable

Uninterpretable

• 160 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

I don't see much discussion on competitive gaming rather than CoD or Halo so I thought this would be a fresh take.

Does anyone here play Smash Bros. competitively or watch it?

I plan on attending EVO 2014

#5   ssj

ssj

• 2,815 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

I don't see much discussion on competitive gaming rather than CoD or Halo so I thought this would be a fresh take.

Does anyone here play Smash Bros. competitively or watch it?

I plan on attending EVO 2014

Only play it when I'm at my friends and I don't plan on watching it except EVO.

#6   LimeSoda

LimeSoda

• 2,708 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

I watched that video that's embedded a while ago and it was fantastic. I don't play competitively but I caught on pretty quick-- I won't spoil who wins but they had an amazing LB run.

I'm interested in Project M-- I think I'll download it when the new versions out just because it'll practically be a new smash game. I'm confused on the requirements, though-- do you need a special wii?

#7   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,721 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

I have started playing competitvely and I am thoroughly enjoying it

#8   Sitri

Sitri

• 4,397 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

I watched that video that's embedded a while ago and it was fantastic. I don't play competitively but I caught on pretty quick-- I won't spoil who wins but they had an amazing LB run.

I'm interested in Project M-- I think I'll download it when the new versions out just because it'll practically be a new smash game. I'm confused on the requirements, though-- do you need a special wii?

You don't need a special Wii, but you should probably softmod it anyway. It's one of the easiest consoles ever to break into and is well worth the 5 minutes.

#9   Metatron

Metatron

BANNED

• Banned

• 45 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

#10   Mayday

Mayday

Panda Global

• 3,720 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

Drunk Mango's commentary>

#11   WaiHo

WaiHo

Eden Creator

• 842 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

Super smash bros for the 3ds. Expectations? I'm hoping that there will be some unique characters that aren't on the wii u version and vice versa. Also I would love to see a new playable pokemon, I always loved mewtwo and lucario, something like Zoroark would be cool or a mega evolution.

#12   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,721 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Super smash bros for the 3ds. Expectations? I'm hoping that there will be some unique characters that aren't on the wii u version and vice versa. Also I would love to see a new playable pokemon, I always loved mewtwo and lucario, something like Zoroark would be cool or a mega evolution.

The controls for that game are going to be interesting to say the least

#13   zZunair

zZunair

• 4,101 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

Went to a smash tournament. Got out of pools wich surprised me lol

Lots of good Texas players there. Zhea, Ivan, whobo 5 champ,Luciano, etc.

I need to start seriously practicing melee and the other 3 games I play

#14   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,721 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

Went to a smash tournament. Got out of pools wich surprised me lol

Lots of good Texas players there. Zhea, Ivan, whobo 5 champ,Luciano, etc.

I need to start seriously practicing melee and the other 3 games I play

I just went to a tournament in Jersey. I played StrictNyne first round. He ends up in the finals against M2K. Earlier this year I went to a Halo Tournament and matched Spartan and el Town in the first round who ended up beating Snipedown and Heinz in the finals. I guess beating me is the key to success  :saucey:

#15   WaiHo

WaiHo

Eden Creator

• 842 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

The controls for that game are going to be interesting to say the least

Thats also something I was thinking about, here's hoping that the touchscreen won't be incorporated in the controls.

#16   msnjah

msnjah

• 1,299 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

Damn 12yr old game with 696 entrants.  That's pretty crazy.  Was an awesome losers bracket run.

#17   IKorlash

IKorlash

• 904 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

Thats also something I was thinking about, here's hoping that the touchscreen won't be incorporated in the controls.

I am sure that won't happen. At the least, it'll serve as an alternate or just for selecting options in the menu.

The thought of button-mashing on the 3ds is what makes me worried. Though of course, the only handheld games I've really played were pokemon and mario games.

#18   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,721 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:39 AM

I'm meeting up with my 8 man crew tonight to practice for the next big tournament where we will probably do a crew battle. Should be funny

#19   a Chunk

a Chunk

Not really Chunky

• Premium

• 769 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

Melee making a return to MLG?

http://smashboards.c...cussion.343288/

tumblr_static_petyr-baelish-lord-petyr-b

#20   zZunair

zZunair

• 4,101 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

EVO opening doors for MLG's greedy asses. They're not even doing it for Melee, they are doing it to ride into the new Smash and hopefully scoop for that year 1 hype.

After MLG gets what they can out of it, they'll cast the husk back into the shadows.

#21   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,721 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

EVO opening doors for MLG's greedy asses. They're not even doing it for Melee, they are doing it to ride into the new Smash and hopefully scoop for that year 1 hype.

After MLG gets what they can out of it, they'll cast the husk back into the shadows.

They have to be greedy, they really don't make much money

#22   zZunair

zZunair

• 4,101 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

They have to be greedy, they really don't make much money

yeah that's why the smash community shouldn't pick up mlg. They should know already that melee is going to get 4 events and get dropped for smash 4 the instant it's out. Smash 4 will get a year maybe of mlg time and get dropped

Should have just stuck with the FGC tbh

#23   Mayday

Mayday

Panda Global

• 3,720 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

yeah that's why the smash community shouldn't pick up mlg. They should know already that melee is going to get 4 events and get dropped for smash 4 the instant it's out. Smash 4 will get a year maybe of mlg time and get dropped

Should have just stuck with the FGC tbh

I'll take 4 MLG events over none. The more events the better.

#24   LegitLegend

LegitLegend

• 1,895 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

MLG and Nintendo don't get along, so don't expect anything.

#25   LimeSoda

LimeSoda

• 2,708 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

I think it'd be exciting for Smash, whatever title it may be, to be back on MLG. Yeah they'd probably get screwed over in the end but it would be good while it lasted