Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Comic-Book Movie & TV Thread

• Please log in to reply
2747 replies to this topic

#1   Reason

Reason

I know stuff.

• 10,922 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Edited by Reason, 21 April 2017 - 11:19 AM.

#2   Reason

Reason

I know stuff.

• 10,922 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

tumblr_mwe1qcMSsE1ss0h5wo2_400.gif

Marvel Cinematic Universe: TV Series - Netflix

Spoiler

Marvel Cinematic Universe: TV Series - ABC  

Spoiler

Marvel Cinematic Universe: TV Series - Freeform

Spoiler

#3   Reason

Reason

I know stuff.

• 10,922 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

DC Extended Universe

Spoiler

Fox's X-Men Universe

Spoiler

#4   MarkyVersace

MarkyVersace

Imagine Talib

• Premium

• 5,912 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

Agents of Shield is so bad

#5   Reason

Reason

I know stuff.

• 10,922 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

Agents of Shield is so bad

Yeah, it's been pretty meh. Hard to like any of the characters outside of Coulson, but thank god there's some eyecandy in the show (my god Chloe Bennett and the actress who plays Fitz). I wish the show was more like what Captain America: The Winter Soldier is teasing when it comes to SHIELD dynamics.

#6   Reason

Reason

I know stuff.

• 10,922 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe Rants and Theories

Solid read.

#7   Five28 Hz

Five28 Hz

• 559 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

So much thread tending.  You have a semi chub everytime you open this thread, don't you

#8   Ech0

Ech0

imagine kyrie and love

• 5,595 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:52 AM

thread revival

I just watched The Avengers again and really noticed how awesome the final battle was and how utterly pointless half of the team was. Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man are on such a higher tier than the other 3. There was a scene where Iron Man was shooting guys out of the sky then it cuts to Hawkeye opening a bus door. I just found that humorous

Also Fury shooting an RPG at a jet containing a nuke probably isn't one of his best life decisions

#9   LegitLegend

LegitLegend

• 1,894 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:45 AM

I'm more interested in this Fall with several comic book shows coming out:

Preacher (Vertigo Comics/DC) - Seth Rogan working on it for AMC, AMC ordered series-to-series

The Flash (DC Comics) - Worked on same people by Arrow

Gotham (DC Comics) - FOX 

iZombie (Vertigo Comics/DC) 

Constantine (Vertigo Comics/DC) NBC 

Lot of good shows from DC, looks like they are focused on the TV shows, while Marvel focused on their cinematic universe.

Also I believe Marvel is going to begin transitioning into their Star Wars comics, which might be cool.

Maybe we should make this a general Comic Book thread @Reason :3

#10   Havok

Havok

• 5,715 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

thread revival

I just watched The Avengers again and really noticed how awesome the final battle was and how utterly pointless half of the team was. Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man are on such a higher tier than the other 3. There was a scene where Iron Man was shooting guys out of the sky then it cuts to Hawkeye opening a bus door. I just found that humorous

Also Fury shooting an RPG at a jet containing a nuke probably isn't one of his best life decisions

What's funny is in the comics Thor and Hulk are on a higher tier. While for the Avengers they lowered them down so they wouldn't overshadow the others(specifically Iron Man)

#11   Reason

Reason

I know stuff.

• 10,922 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:14 AM

I'm more interested in this Fall with several comic book shows coming out:

Preacher (Vertigo Comics/DC) - Seth Rogan working on it for AMC, AMC ordered series-to-series

The Flash (DC Comics) - Worked on same people by Arrow

Gotham (DC Comics) - FOX 

iZombie (Vertigo Comics/DC) 

Constantine (Vertigo Comics/DC) NBC 

Lot of good shows from DC, looks like they are focused on the TV shows, while Marvel focused on their cinematic universe.

Also I believe Marvel is going to begin transitioning into their Star Wars comics, which might be cool.

Maybe we should make this a general Comic Book thread @Reason :3

I'll make it later this afternoon. One more final to take!

#12   Scalzo

Scalzo

• 9,738 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

worst thread ever...

#13   Reason

Reason

I know stuff.

• 10,922 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Bring It On (and Yes ManDown with Love) director Peyton Reed has replaced Edgar Wright for Ant-Man. Adam McKay (Anchorman, Step Brothers, The Other Guys) doing a rewrite.

#14   amo819

amo819

Scalzo Sucks

• 8,634 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:16 AM

The best recreation

3s7d35n.gif

#15   KnightyyyKnight

KnightyyyKnight

• 6,075 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:45 AM

Amazing Spidermans were both good, kys.

btw, Reason ily

#16   amo819

amo819

Scalzo Sucks

• 8,634 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:46 AM

Bring It On (and Yes ManDown with Love) director Peyton Reed has replaced Edgar Wright for Ant-Man. Adam McKay (Anchorman, Step Brothers, The Other Guys) doing a rewrite.

Might as well burn this movie to the ground.

All the hype I had went bye bye. 

#17   Reason

Reason

I know stuff.

• 10,922 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:49 AM

^ I really really strong disagree with that opinion ( @KnightyyyKnight )

@amo819 Yeah I'm still pissed and I'll always be wondering what Edgar's vision would be once the film is out, but all hope is not lost. Peyton Reed actually has a lot of geek and comedic cred (Mr. Show); almost directed the Fantastic Four film in 2004, his pitch was that it was going to Jack Kirby-esqued, set in the 60s too (which sounded great). This isn't his film, but hopefully he can bring a visual flair to a film that already has the storyboards and setpieces ready.

#18   KnightyyyKnight

KnightyyyKnight

• 6,075 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:03 AM

^ I really really strong disagree with that opinion ( @KnightyyyKnight )

I loved em but I'm curious why you thought the opposite? 

#19   Reason

Reason

I know stuff.

• 10,922 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:18 AM

I loved em but I'm curious why you thought the opposite? 

It's really hard to ruin the character that is Peter Parker and what makes him special (he's an average guy like you and me, not a person destined to be Spider-Man that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 clearly made him be), but Avi Arad (look at his track record post-Spider Man 2) managed to pull it off (with help from Marc Webb, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, the two biggest hack screenwriters in Hollywood). I could go on and on about how they did it, but this editorial explains it pretty damn well. Read it if you got the time.

Why It Didn't Work: The Amazing Spider-Man 2

#20   KnightyyyKnight

KnightyyyKnight

• 6,075 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:29 AM

Oh okay, well I'm not a die hard comic book fan. I'm a movie buff. From that unbiased stand point I feel as though the emotions and chemistry between the actors in the new movies were a lot better. Like I legit cared for the new characters. I feel the whole destiny theme is a tiny detail when you watch both movies straight through. It might change the story dramatically but it doesn't affect the movies impact one bit in my opinion.

#21   Reason

Reason

I know stuff.

• 10,922 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:41 AM

The screenplay (and performances) is pretty shitty too. There's at least 100 plot holes in it. The problem with Orci and Kurtzman's scripts is that they collapse on themselves once you actually dwell on the film after watching it. (That being said, I thoroughly enjoy Mission: Impossible III and Abrams' 09 Star Trek reboot)

Some examples: 

• That prologue with Peter's parents...why does his dad upload a file to a computer that's in his hidden Manhattan computer lab AHHHH
  • Jamie Foxx's performance and character (goes apeshit because Spidey forgets his name?). Also cliche evil doctor shtick from Martin Coskas, who's better than that
  • Gwen: "I know the grid specs so I can turn it on" Goes to control room, huge red button that says something along the lines of "turn on"
  • Who cares about Aunt May in the hospital and the two planes almost hitting each other; no investment in the people on that plane
  • Peter decides to research his dad for no real reason. Also, did he forget about Uncle Ben's killer?
  • What takes Harry Osborn so long to show up in the 3rd act? Why show up after Electro is defeated? Why not double team Spidey (w/ Gwen present) and make it virtually impossible for him to win?
  • Ahhhhhhh the Phillip Phillips song/montage part (also worst research diagram ever)

EDIT: Rumor has it that The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is going to be pushed to 2017. It's hard to make a universe (compared to Disney's Marvel, Warner Bro's DC and Fox's X-Men universes) based off one superhero. Sony's really stretching it by making a Sinister Six film and it's hard to see Andrew Garfield doing more than 3 films unless they get the dumptrucks full of money ready. They already lost $200 mil last quarter and struggling for a franchise that's not comedy (21/22 Jump StreetThe Interview). I hate that I'm raging about this franchise, but we've had 5 Spider-Man films in 12 years and the last 3 films have gotten mixed-to-negative reviews. I fucking love Raimi's Spider-Man 2 though, probably my favorite superhero film.

#22   amo819

amo819

Scalzo Sucks

• 8,634 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

Spider-man 1 and 2 are vastly overrated when you look back on them now. Especially 1. 

The casting of Peter Parker and Mary-Jane is cringe-worthy. 

Doc Oc and Raimi's Evil Dead style save the second film, but they don't hold up worth crap and suffer from similar complaints. 

#23   Scalzo

Scalzo

• 9,738 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

nope, Spiderman is still better than 90% of superhero films

the casting was fine, Tobey McGuire is the perfect fit, and mary janes boobies look extra nice in that wet upside down kissing scene

#24   Reason

Reason

I know stuff.

• 10,922 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

Spider-man 1 and 2 are vastly overrated when you look back on them now. Especially 1. 

The casting of Peter Parker and Mary-Jane is cringe-worthy. 

Doc Oc and Raimi's Evil Dead style save the second film, but they don't hold up worth crap and suffer from similar complaints. 

It's very campy but it got the character right for the most part (city loves him, but his relationships are struggling, bills to pay, falling behind in school). Best part is that it doesn't feel overstuffed and isn't worried about spending 2/3 of the movie setting up the sequel with subplots that we really don't care for instead of actually telling a coherent story. (The Amazing Spider-Man franchise)

I remember in 2010 when The Amazing Spider-Man movie was going to have a lower budget (90-100 mil) and be more intimate, relationship-based. LIES!

Garfield is a good Peter Parker, but he feels more douchey.

#25   amo819

amo819

Scalzo Sucks

• 8,634 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

It got the character right, outside of Spiderman's actual personality. That's my biggest gripe. Spiderman, at least comic book Spiderman, is a lot more like The Amazing Spiderman version than the original. 

It's why I enjoy these movies more even without their flaws. I enjoy Spiderman a lot more and that is what I go see a Spiderman movie for.