Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

OT of GD

• Please log in to reply
26334 replies to this topic

#26326   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,337 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:41 PM

I submitted my leave form today to go to @Devilman's VA Beach LAN on Memorial Day weekend. Gonna get some more casting practice 

:ace:

#26327   AngyPellz

AngyPellz

• 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:36 AM

Alright I know I’m a no name in these forums but not like it matters anyways. I’m going to speak my opinion on me finally playing Halo for the first time since H3.

I was a big h2 guy & for some reason the shot registry in that game really stuck with me. Once h3 came out, there was some leading to do involved with hitting shots which made me sadly retire. H5 shot registry reminds me of h2 in so many ways.

I spoke to a few of my friends who used to be in the competitive scene & I was told that this community has really watered down to just the pros which is extremely sad to hear. I heard there really is no open runs at all. Why is Esports and Halo or whoever limiting who can compete if they think they can? The scene needs to come back where everyone can compete against whoever. I’ll never forget in Meadowlands when I was watching all these shit teams take a game from one of the top seeds. It made players believe that with more practice that maybe they can climb there way to the top.

If people can fill me back in the loop with whats going on, I’d appreciate it.

#26328   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,136 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:11 AM

Alright I know I’m a no name in these forums but not like it matters anyways. I’m going to speak my opinion on me finally playing Halo for the first time since H3.

I was a big h2 guy & for some reason the shot registry in that game really stuck with me. Once h3 came out, there was some leading to do involved with hitting shots which made me sadly retire. H5 shot registry reminds me of h2 in so many ways.

I spoke to a few of my friends who used to be in the competitive scene & I was told that this community has really watered down to just the pros which is extremely sad to hear. I heard there really is no open runs at all. Why is Esports and Halo or whoever limiting who can compete if they think they can? The scene needs to come back where everyone can compete against whoever. I’ll never forget in Meadowlands when I was watching all these shit teams take a game from one of the top seeds. It made players believe that with more practice that maybe they can climb there way to the top.

If people can fill me back in the loop with whats going on, I’d appreciate it.

For two years, ESL ran the tournaments, and there were few of any open tournaments. Instead there were online qualifiers, which was the opportunity for AMs to break into the scene. Now MLG is running H5 tournaments, and open events are back.

You’re describing the difference between hitscan and projectile bullets. Reach and H4 also use hitscan. It isn’t inherently tied to shot registration. H3 used projectile so you had to lead, it unfortunately the game also had bad shot reg. Those traits aren’t bound together. You can have projectile bullets with great reg, as Battlefield and Overwatch and plenty of other games have shown. It’s a common misconception from people that only really play Halo.

#26329   AngyPellz

AngyPellz

• 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:40 PM

For two years, ESL ran the tournaments, and there were few of any open tournaments. Instead there were online qualifiers, which was the opportunity for AMs to break into the scene. Now MLG is running H5 tournaments, and open events are back.

You’re describing the difference between hitscan and projectile bullets. Reach and H4 also use hitscan. It isn’t inherently tied to shot registration. H3 used projectile so you had to lead, it unfortunately the game also had bad shot reg. Those traits aren’t bound together. You can have projectile bullets with great reg, as Battlefield and Overwatch and plenty of other games have shown. It’s a common misconception from people that only really play Halo.

Can you link me? Super interested in getting back into it. Would greatly appreciate your help.

#26330   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,337 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:48 PM

shot reg in halo 3 is really only bad against host. I'd even go to say that halo 2 has worse shot reg. it's just easier to aim and ur bullets dont fly to random places. i get a lot of blanks on h2. 

yeah it's h2v on mcc but this happened on h2c all the time. https://streamable.com/xob3q

that's 21 (7 full shots) not registering. 

#26331   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,136 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:20 PM

^He's not wrong. H2 had shitty shot reg back in the day and still does today. It doesn't catch as much flak for it because

-most people don't remember or weren't around for it

-unlike H3, when it does work, the nature of the weapon allows for fairly quick kills even at range

In H3, you have bad shot registration AND the weapon can't hit minimum TTK past mid range.

I'd like to figure out why zooming in seems to mess with the registration/damage of shots so much in MCC, because I swear people take more shots to die when I'm zoomed in, even if I'm hitting every shot. It does that across 1, 2 and 3. (H2A and H4 are fine though).

#26332   OOO Tatoba

OOO Tatoba

• 43 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:56 PM

Sprint and ADS still suck

#26333   Jake Teh Nub

Jake Teh Nub

• 1,634 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:57 PM

Shit's going down on OSRS right now

Untitled.jpg

Jagex banning a free third party overlay for the game(Runelite), but letting the one made by a former bot maker that has a premium mode you can pay for stay around(OSBuddy). As soon as Runelite started being used by about 1/4th of the players, out of nowhere Jagex says they have to shut it down with some BS reason that should apply the OSBuddy too. Everyone knows OSB is paying Jagex but they will never admit it.

#26334   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 18,716 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:14 PM

Shit's going down on OSRS right now

Untitled.jpg

Jagex banning a free third party overlay for the game(Runelite), but letting the one made by a former bot maker that has a premium mode you can pay for stay around(OSBuddy). As soon as Runelite started being used by about 1/4th of the players, out of nowhere Jagex says they have to shut it down with some BS reason that should apply the OSBuddy too. Everyone knows OSB is paying Jagex but they will never admit it.

can mobile just come out already man 

#26335   Jake Teh Nub

Jake Teh Nub

• 1,634 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:42 PM

can mobile just come out already man 

soon™