Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

OT of GD

• Please log in to reply
26358 replies to this topic

#26326   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,471 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:41 PM

I submitted my leave form today to go to @Devilman's VA Beach LAN on Memorial Day weekend. Gonna get some more casting practice 

:ace:

#26327   AngyPellz

AngyPellz

• 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:36 AM

Alright I know I’m a no name in these forums but not like it matters anyways. I’m going to speak my opinion on me finally playing Halo for the first time since H3.

I was a big h2 guy & for some reason the shot registry in that game really stuck with me. Once h3 came out, there was some leading to do involved with hitting shots which made me sadly retire. H5 shot registry reminds me of h2 in so many ways.

I spoke to a few of my friends who used to be in the competitive scene & I was told that this community has really watered down to just the pros which is extremely sad to hear. I heard there really is no open runs at all. Why is Esports and Halo or whoever limiting who can compete if they think they can? The scene needs to come back where everyone can compete against whoever. I’ll never forget in Meadowlands when I was watching all these shit teams take a game from one of the top seeds. It made players believe that with more practice that maybe they can climb there way to the top.

If people can fill me back in the loop with whats going on, I’d appreciate it.

#26328   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,299 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:11 AM

Alright I know I’m a no name in these forums but not like it matters anyways. I’m going to speak my opinion on me finally playing Halo for the first time since H3.

I was a big h2 guy & for some reason the shot registry in that game really stuck with me. Once h3 came out, there was some leading to do involved with hitting shots which made me sadly retire. H5 shot registry reminds me of h2 in so many ways.

I spoke to a few of my friends who used to be in the competitive scene & I was told that this community has really watered down to just the pros which is extremely sad to hear. I heard there really is no open runs at all. Why is Esports and Halo or whoever limiting who can compete if they think they can? The scene needs to come back where everyone can compete against whoever. I’ll never forget in Meadowlands when I was watching all these shit teams take a game from one of the top seeds. It made players believe that with more practice that maybe they can climb there way to the top.

If people can fill me back in the loop with whats going on, I’d appreciate it.

For two years, ESL ran the tournaments, and there were few of any open tournaments. Instead there were online qualifiers, which was the opportunity for AMs to break into the scene. Now MLG is running H5 tournaments, and open events are back.

You’re describing the difference between hitscan and projectile bullets. Reach and H4 also use hitscan. It isn’t inherently tied to shot registration. H3 used projectile so you had to lead, it unfortunately the game also had bad shot reg. Those traits aren’t bound together. You can have projectile bullets with great reg, as Battlefield and Overwatch and plenty of other games have shown. It’s a common misconception from people that only really play Halo.

#26329   AngyPellz

AngyPellz

• 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:40 PM

For two years, ESL ran the tournaments, and there were few of any open tournaments. Instead there were online qualifiers, which was the opportunity for AMs to break into the scene. Now MLG is running H5 tournaments, and open events are back.

You’re describing the difference between hitscan and projectile bullets. Reach and H4 also use hitscan. It isn’t inherently tied to shot registration. H3 used projectile so you had to lead, it unfortunately the game also had bad shot reg. Those traits aren’t bound together. You can have projectile bullets with great reg, as Battlefield and Overwatch and plenty of other games have shown. It’s a common misconception from people that only really play Halo.

Can you link me? Super interested in getting back into it. Would greatly appreciate your help.

#26330   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,471 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:48 PM

shot reg in halo 3 is really only bad against host. I'd even go to say that halo 2 has worse shot reg. it's just easier to aim and ur bullets dont fly to random places. i get a lot of blanks on h2. 

yeah it's h2v on mcc but this happened on h2c all the time. https://streamable.com/xob3q

that's 21 (7 full shots) not registering. 

#26331   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,299 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:20 PM

^He's not wrong. H2 had shitty shot reg back in the day and still does today. It doesn't catch as much flak for it because

-most people don't remember or weren't around for it

-unlike H3, when it does work, the nature of the weapon allows for fairly quick kills even at range

In H3, you have bad shot registration AND the weapon can't hit minimum TTK past mid range.

I'd like to figure out why zooming in seems to mess with the registration/damage of shots so much in MCC, because I swear people take more shots to die when I'm zoomed in, even if I'm hitting every shot. It does that across 1, 2 and 3. (H2A and H4 are fine though).

#26332   OOO Tatoba

OOO Tatoba

• 43 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:56 PM

Sprint and ADS still suck

#26333   Jake Teh Nub

Jake Teh Nub

• 1,690 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:57 PM

Shit's going down on OSRS right now

Untitled.jpg

Jagex banning a free third party overlay for the game(Runelite), but letting the one made by a former bot maker that has a premium mode you can pay for stay around(OSBuddy). As soon as Runelite started being used by about 1/4th of the players, out of nowhere Jagex says they have to shut it down with some BS reason that should apply the OSBuddy too. Everyone knows OSB is paying Jagex but they will never admit it.

#26334   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 18,826 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:14 PM

Untitled.jpg

Jagex banning a free third party overlay for the game(Runelite), but letting the one made by a former bot maker that has a premium mode you can pay for stay around(OSBuddy). As soon as Runelite started being used by about 1/4th of the players, out of nowhere Jagex says they have to shut it down with some BS reason that should apply the OSBuddy too. Everyone knows OSB is paying Jagex but they will never admit it.

can mobile just come out already man 

#26335   Jake Teh Nub

Jake Teh Nub

• 1,690 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:42 PM

can mobile just come out already man 

soon™

#26336   Hitman

Hitman

• 3,302 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:45 PM

Just a PSA Pillars of Eternity II is really good and really deep, yall should buy it if you haven't. Plus who doesn't dream about being a Elf-Pirate-Wizard with a pet parrot and an eye-patch?

#26337   Lazer

Lazer

• 2,170 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:47 AM

I swear this recent Windows 10 update fucked my shit up. My aim on OW is so uncontrollable on my normal DPI and in game sens. I have no idea what happened, what changed. Or maybe theres something wrong with me currently. Some sort of slump or something idk.

Has anyone ever had an instance where over the course of like 3 days you go from playing well/normal to just dog shit? What fixes it?

Or whenever someone regurgitates the classic "Halo 5 had the best player retention since Halo 3!!!111!!"

I guess it could come off differently depending on how you read it but when 343 stated that, was that suppose to imply H3 had the best retention in the franchise or just simply H5 has/d the highest since then. Because if its the former, then - https://drive.google...mxVdGFfWDg/view that would be false and another lie/spin to save face and another attempt to appear better than they are by 343.

But even if it was true. Is it really an accomplishment? I mean you had Reach, which okay sure maybe? Then you had H4 (which we all know how bad its retention was) and MCC, which was broken AF. So congrats you had better retention than the worst game in the series and one that didnt even work/run? WOooo.

Untitled.jpg

Lets not pretend how bullshit it is that the default client doesn't do a lot of the shit you have to pay to get, or run the risk of using a 3rd party program to begin with. Example. PVMers wanted a boss respawn timer back when godwars was released back in actual 2007. But theres a ton of functionality/QoL those clients have that the base client SHOULD.

#26338   chaosTheory

chaosTheory

cT

• 945 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:12 PM

Hard Way told me to swing by and say what's up to all the nerds in my old stomping grounds.

Looks like modern Halo is still lost and people are still playing Halo CE. That's rad.

I hope no one is using a password for this website that they use anywhere else, change it now if so. There is no SSL certificate and the site owners and webhosting company could easily pull your password data in plain text. So yeah, that's not cool.

Hope everyone who's still around from the old days is doing well.

#26339   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,471 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:34 PM

Hard Way told me to swing by and say what's up to all the nerds in my old stomping grounds.

Looks like modern Halo is still lost and people are still playing Halo CE. That's rad.

I hope no one is using a password for this website that they use anywhere else, change it now if so. There is no SSL certificate and the site owners and webhosting company could easily pull your password data in plain text. So yeah, that's not cool.

I miss reading your posts.

And yeah, any ip.board has security issues. they get backdoored so so much. 

#26340   chaosTheory

chaosTheory

cT

• 945 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:06 PM

I miss reading your posts.

Well I'm a digital packrat so here's some of my favorite posts from the old THC forums. The formatting is garbage, my apologies. Have fun.

https://pastebin.com/2rxdtiAN

#26341   LI Mr X IL

LI Mr X IL

• 124 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:47 AM

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Doom: Eternal reveal? I have doubt they’ll knock the campaign out of the park. I just really hope they get the MP right this time and do away with load outs. If Doom goes that route I may not need Halo Infinite to be a classic Halo to get my arena shooter fix on console.

#26342   Silos

Silos

Resident Speed Runner

• Premium

• 1,111 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Doom: Eternal reveal? I have doubt they’ll knock the campaign out of the park. I just really hope they get the MP right this time and do away with load outs. If Doom goes that route I may not need Halo Infinite to be a classic Halo to get my arena shooter fix on console.

I'm excited for it. The Doom and Wolfenstein teams have been doing really well recently.

I didn't mind Doom's multiplayer, even with the loadouts. My issue was it felt "mindless", maybe because it was unranked, but even after not playing it for a year and barely playing it when it came out I was dominating. I didn't feel I had to do much in terms of map control, or having angles with teammates, or smart pushes. I just held forward which was fun, but got boring quick. To be fair I only did team deathmatch, naybe all the good kids play FFA. If they remove loadouts it would be a step in the right direction I agree.

#26343   Gold

Gold

TR

• Premium

• 2,316 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:06 AM

Bro, come to the new halo thread once new news pops up, everyone’s going to wanna read your thoughts and opinions.

Like how you think mcc is going to fail due to a day one update and get -30 for it 😂

#26344   chaosTheory

chaosTheory

cT

• 945 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

Bro, come to the new halo thread once new news pops up, everyone’s going to wanna read your thoughts and opinions.

Like how you think mcc is going to fail due to a day one update and get -30 for it

'Everyone' is like a dozen people who still remember who I am lol 

I'll check it out, but we all know it's going to be more of the same. I hope I'm wrong, but it's just not likely. 

#26345   LI Mr X IL

LI Mr X IL

• 124 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:18 PM

I'm excited for it. The Doom and Wolfenstein teams have been doing really well recently.

I didn't mind Doom's multiplayer, even with the loadouts. My issue was it felt "mindless", maybe because it was unranked, but even after not playing it for a year and barely playing it when it came out I was dominating. I didn't feel I had to do much in terms of map control, or having angles with teammates, or smart pushes. I just held forward which was fun, but got boring quick. To be fair I only did team deathmatch, naybe all the good kids play FFA. If they remove loadouts it would be a step in the right direction I agree.

Yeah the fact there wasn’t any skill matching probably had a lot to do with the steam rolling. Hopefully they’ll have ranked in the new one. Doom is definitely designed more for FFA / 1v1 than team games though.

#26346   Hitman

Hitman

• 3,302 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:48 PM

Sprint and ADS still suck

-Hitman 2007

Also Hitman, "We literally took the mechanics from a MILITARY SIMULATOR in Operation:Flashpoint and decided that should be the new norm for the shooter regardless of genre or style"

Later on that year..Romero "Fuck this shit I quit, im moving to Ireland and making Daikatana 2 while I work on new DOOM mods aka the greatest game to ever be made peace out".

True story.

#26347   Knighty Knight

Knighty Knight

Caster

• Verified

• 7,111 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:10 AM

Quake Champions is fun af.

#26348   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,299 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:36 AM

Halo 1 FFA tournament, Tuesday June 26, St Petersburg, Florida. 650 Central Ave

$5 entry, double elim. Sign up at 7:30, game time at 8

The image said Johnny Vapors. Not sure if that’s the venue or the host.

#26349   LeandroTrooper

LeandroTrooper

Latin-America says Hi

• Premium

• 2,958 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:12 PM

omfg, just watch this.

#26350   Gold

Gold

TR

• Premium

• 2,316 posts