Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Does 343 win back your trust with the new update?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1   nfe

nfe

• 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

So I was wondering with the new update out today do you think 343 has won back your trust after what they did in making of halo 4, or do you think they would cock it up again in halo 5 or whatever they next halo could be?

#2   Doju

Doju

BANNED

• Banned

• 3,684 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

Kevin Franklin is plotting his next move.

So no.

#3   Evan

Evan

• 132 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

i dont trust them no. what they are doing with halo is good, yes but they always have to fix everything they do. 

#4   Katastrophe

Katastrophe

• 393 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Absolutely not.

While I'm glad to see Halo 4 moving in the right direction, I'm politefully biting my tongue until we start seeing some legitimate footage/beta of Halo 5 before I say Halo isn't dad. But honestly, if they took the game as is, removed sprint, used descoping again, added a legitimate ranking system (even Halo 3's) and shipped it as Halo 5, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

But hopefully they do that, remove loadouts and starting AAs, bring back the Camo powerup, add static timers again, and bring back the damn Mark of Shame emblem.

#5   Lukes

Lukes

• 828 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

I'm sure there will be good things for H5, but I think they will screw something up. Hopefully, they learned their lesson though and will fix it in a more timely manner.

#6   Junior

Junior

• 454 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Let's tally everything that 343i has changed and things that need changing!

#7   EagleBurn

EagleBurn

"Arena"

• VIP

• 6,272 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

This update and CSR brings my hopes up for Halo 5. That's either going to be a good or bad thing though. All we can do is wait.

#8   Faith

Faith

• 650 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

I wouldn't say i "trust" them now. However, it does give me a little bit more faith in them. They're starting to listen more to the community (especially competitive) and making changes to improve the game. Better late than never i suppose. ^_^

#9   nfe

nfe

• 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Let's tally everything that 343i has changed and things that need changing!

I fell every thing I tally that 343 has done is what should of happened before the game went on sale so i'm glad they are doing all this but it should of been in the game already 

#10   gobbledygook

gobbledygook

• 65 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

The collective answer is obviously NO, but I think that most of us are quite pleased with the changes and the fact that 343i felt it was necessary(from low pop and feedback).

I want to point out that Halo 4 was the best selling Halo of all time but has the worst population of all time. After the poor design and the many bad decisions by them, I would need to see countless layoffs and huge company restructuring for me to actually "Belie343", or trust them. I remember hearing DP rob say that people like KevinF, JoshH, and the EP are goons who should be fired, Spartan Ops team fired, and the programmers and a key group of designers set loose and make Halo 5.  Coming from a known community figure, I thought that statement was pretty spot on. Instead, we have a pseudo apologies, rationalizations, fabrications, etc and the SAME team of businessmen and women making decisions about Halo 5.

So no, no one trusts the business men and women at 343i or the overpaid "Creative designers". I trust the programmers that did an o.k. job making another hit scan Halo, but I do not trust M$ MBAs, upper management, or those blasted creative designers who think they have good sci-fi ideas.

I am very resentful toward 343i because flinch and sprint are still in the game. Halo Reach drove a lot of people away. They did not suddenly decide that BLOPS was great and they did not all buy PC's for RTS and esports. Halo Reach failed and they made Halo 4 just like Reach and still have not apologized for this.

#11   Legal

Legal

• 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

The new update is flawless in my opinion. Every single primary weapon is useful and it feels awesome using each one. Well done 343. Shoulda been in since the start though... maybe Halo 5 will be good after all.

#12   Proven

Proven

I don't play Video Games

• 14,485 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

I care that people who understand Halo have been involved with the updates. But for all I know this could be another scheme like they did back in Reach with ZBNS to bribe us since the core fan base is gone.

There are 26k people playing Halo 4.

#13   Sam

Sam
  • Premium

• 5,602 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

I wouldn't say i "trust" them now. However, it does give me a little bit more faith in them. They're starting to listen more to the community (especially competitive) and making changes to improve the game. Better late than never i suppose. ^_^

Icwutudidthar ;)

#14   Junior

Junior

• 454 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

I fell every thing I tally that 343 has done is what should of happened before the game went on sale so i'm glad they are doing all this but it should of been in the game already 

Yeah, I agree, they SHOULD have done it, but they didn't. I feel like they've done a lot of damage control and actually have made the game A LOT more bearable tbh.

#15   gobbledygook

gobbledygook

• 65 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Yeah, I agree, they SHOULD have done it, but they didn't. I feel like they've done a lot of damage control and actually have made the game A LOT more bearable tbh.

The thing is, we are customers and considering buying Halo 5. This thread is about trust. Do these settings and the 2 new guys that they hired(quin/bravo) restore your faith in the organization?

#16   RandyROFLSTOMP

RandyROFLSTOMP

BANNED

• Banned

• 1,117 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

ZBNS Reach would suggest that they realized players did not like randomness from their rifle. Then they turn around and add randomness to every possible aspect of Halo 4. No, this update does not win my trust back.

#17   Grae Oner

Grae Oner

• 40 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

Not exactly. Their intended casual direction with the Halo series had disappointed me to the max. So it will take a lot of love towards competitive Halo to gain my undoubted respect again. If they can show that they aren't going to cater to a demographic that does not support multiplayer longevity and keep game mechanics fair and balanced along with promoting skill gaps, then I will trust them.

#18   Slayher

Slayher

• 59 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Absolutely not.

#19   Ghostapple

Ghostapple
  • Premium

• 530 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

i personnally think 343 is doing everything they can and they want to bring back descope and no sprint but its no going to happen because that would require a TU. and that is COMPLETELY understandable. so yes i do have faith in 343!

#20   Reset

Reset

• 175 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

No, but they are getting their, just not yet.

#21   ThreeShotPistol

ThreeShotPistol

• 1,082 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

I have to say that I have faith in Quinn and Bravo, and BS Angel is a

good asset for 343i as well.

As for the company as a whole I really am leaning towards hope for the next Halo

although that's exactly what I said after Reach came out. I think with Quinn and Bravo

though I have much more to base my hope around than last time.

#22   white

white

• 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

I have no faith in 343i at all to be honest.

The guys at 343i don't seem to respect the integrity of the lore. The Spartan warriors in the Halo 4 story line are power hunger angry war machines. As far as the previous games have gone, as well as the books, Spartans are well educated supreme beings that excel greatly in all areas. This includes the obvious physical talent and the mental talent, they fight necessarily rather than because they can. This however Isn't how they're portrayed in Halo 4. In Halo 4 I recall the scientists being called egg heads and stuff which Isn't the attitude that the Spartans have in the books. They're non-confrontational.

Also, 343i clearly either don't know how to cater to the Halo audience. Bungie were so good at game design, they had a real skill for it. If you play halo 3 on LAN you'll notice that all of the weapons even ones not used often like the Plasma Rifle can be used effectively, 343i can't do this. They made a game with more power weapons (weapons that you can get kills with easily) and then buffed a lot of the regular weapons (DMR, AR etc) so that you can run around squeeze a trigger and be satisfied that you've accomplished something.

People find easy accomplishments addictive, especially when they keep on happening, this is why you get medals for everything, this is why there are accommodations, this is why Xbox games have achievements. It's called gamification. Gamification is the idea that if you reward somebody for doing a particular activity whilst displaying that they will get another reward if they persist than they'll want to keep playing. It's worked well for COD.

Working towards accomplishing 10,000 kills with a particular weapon means nothing because you can just kill bad players or even a guest controller that you've hocked up. 343i built a game to promote that kind of attitude, the Halo crowd however for the most part wanted a game that would measure how skilled you were rather than how many kills with the Carbon Rifle you can get.

In my opinion they need to release a game that has a distinct difference between ranked and un-ranked, you can't blend the two (I can't believe Multi-Team is ranked, have you seen the spawns on that shit!).

I'm not going to purchase Halo 5 until I see how good or bad it is. This means not buying it on release, this means waiting. All of you should wait before buying as well, just to make sure you don't burn £40 or $60. Once you've bought the game, they don't care if you chuck it aside and rage, in fact you'd be saving them the server bandwidth.

The collective ans......

^Good post.

#23   Reset

Reset

• 175 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

Kind of Effy towards the next halo :/

#24   Joshington

Joshington

BANNED

• Banned

• 326 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

halo reach no bloom then gave us halo 4 ...you guys cant trust them just because they fix a game at the end of its lifecycle

#25   Promethean Zz

Promethean Zz

• 522 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

Halo 5 will decide whether I trust them with the multiplayer, although this update is a ton of fun.

Story wise I trust them completely. They may be shoddy multiplayer designers but I'll be damned if they aren't good story tellers, I thoroughly trust them with the campaign of Halo 5 although if the multiplayer sucks I may just end up watching playthroughs on youtube