Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I made a website to show all the H3 games two players played together

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1   KiFFLoM

KiFFLoM

• 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

POPULAR

@AppleJoose and I made a site (http://www.pointcheck.gg/) that returns Bungie links for every Halo 3 game that two players played with or against each other. We initially made it to determine which one of us went the most positive in games played against each other in H3, but searching other combinations of players was such a nostalgia trip we thought we should share it.

It works like you’d expect: type in two gamertags and you’ll get a list of all the games both players were in, complete with a Bungie link for detailed stats (and screenshots if any were taken in the game). 

glOtK16.jpg

7kiChiu.png?2

It’s cool to see all the times you went +14 with Snipedown on your team in MM, or revisit scrims you had with an old team, or see if you ever beat Ninja in a Gamebattles match.

The one big limitation is due to the way Bungie stores games. You’ll need to search the account’s current gamertag, not what the tag was at the time the game was played. For example, if you did want to see if you beat Ninja in a GB 1v1, you’d have to search for what the person who bought his main Halo 3 gamertag changed it to, “T R ILI C K Y”. In cases like this it’s usually easy enough to piece together who’s who with a bit of knowledge on who a player teamed with, but we’re working on adding a player directory with every pro player’s known gamertags.

The first time you run a search on a particular gamertag could take up to 5 minutes (haven’t seen more than 3 yet but YMMV) as it scrapes the player(s) game history pages from Bungie and stores them in a database. Any subsequent searches involving players already stored in the database will return much faster, usually less than 20 seconds depending on the amount of matched games.

Also, for some reason Bungie purged some stats from their game pages last week. After being available for 10 years, they removed individual flag cap, bomb plant, oddball time and hill time data from the details page. You can still see individual k/d/a and each team’s flag caps, hill time etc. if you click over to the ‘Carnage’ tab at the top, so when you run into this orange text be aware that it’s not entirely true.

ShN3U1a.png

(If this is in the wrong place feel free to move it, wasn't sure where to post)

edit: just fixed a small problem with the same game appearing multiple times in the results list. if that happened to you, shouldn't happen again.

#2   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,623 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:54 PM

Is this going to still work when bungie takes down their stats page?

#3   AppleJoose

AppleJoose

• 188 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:01 PM

Here's a list of every Halo 3 Pro Player Gamertag that we're aware of, in case you want to search for them and yourself.

JznQefz.png

ReIufhO.png

#4   KiFFLoM

KiFFLoM

• 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:04 PM

Is this going to still work when bungie takes down their stats page?

Yikes, wasn't even aware they were doing that. Did they announce they're bringing them down or are you just talking about when that inevitably happens?

Short answer: no. I've thought about downloading the html of all 1910000000+ game pages to recreate it for posterity, but I did the math and storing just the text takes nearly 1TB of space. If they're taking it down at some announced date I'll have to look back into that.

#5   valaea

valaea
  • Premium

• 1,851 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:22 PM

Yikes, wasn't even aware they were doing that. Did they announce they're bringing them down or are you just talking about when that inevitably happens?

Short answer: no. I've thought about downloading the html of all 1910000000+ game pages to recreate it for posterity, but I did the math and storing just the text takes nearly 1TB of space. If they're taking it down at some announced date I'll have to look back into that.

they announced they're taking it down pretty soon, I don't have a link but Google should get you there

#6   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,623 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:06 PM

Short answer: no. I've thought about downloading the html of all 1910000000+ game pages to recreate it for posterity, but I did the math and storing just the text takes nearly 1TB of space. If they're taking it down at some announced date I'll have to look back into that.

theyre literally taking it down this week lol. Or idk. I thought they were past week

#7   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 3,114 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:11 AM

c0b1a11f36efc08ec94bd79f112c13e9.png

Wow and that's just our main tags in just H3 lol. Website is really cool though hope you do download everything

#8   careh

careh

• 2,613 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:01 AM

Nice dose of nostalgia, good stuff :>

#9   TheSituJAKEtion

TheSituJAKEtion

• 1,972 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 11:43 AM

Love this!

#10   Moa

Moa

EAT THIS

• Premium

• 18,846 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:21 PM

theyre literally taking it down this week lol. Or idk. I thought they were past week

No, they're not. They removed some in-depth stats but the stat pages are still staying. 

This change already happened.

#11   RC_5213

RC_5213

• 467 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:40 PM

Damn, this is bringing back some serious nostalgia.

Thanks, OP.

#12   lofike

lofike

Mind In progress

• Premium

• 1,978 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:50 PM

How many Calls to the website do you need to make for one account?

#13   KiFFLoM

KiFFLoM

• 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

Happy to hear that people enjoy it, thanks for using the site.

How many Calls to the website do you need to make for one account?

It scrapes the player's game history pages & there are 25 games per page, so  # of played games / 25  + once to check if the GT exists, and once to get the emblem. My account takes ~410 - before I had it set up to make those calls asynchronously it could take like 20 minutes to run a search on two accounts with a lot of games.

No, they're not. They removed some in-depth stats but the stat pages are still staying. 

This change already happened.

That's a relief. Oddly enough Halo 2 games still have the individual flag, oddball etc. score values that Halo 3 just lost, the only thing H2 is missing is the medals earned in the game.

#14   lofike

lofike

Mind In progress

• Premium

• 1,978 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

It scrapes the player's game history pages & there are 25 games per page, so  # of played games / 25  + once to check if the GT exists, and once to get the emblem. My account takes ~410 - before I had it set up to make those calls asynchronously it could take like 20 minutes to run a search on two accounts with a lot of games.

Wow I was expecting 1 call per game or something to get the details per game. Either way, I'm surprised Bungie's system doesn't think your trying to DDOS it or something, making that many calls lol

#15   AppleJoose

AppleJoose

• 188 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:17 PM

Hey guys, we just redesigned the site a bit, and are working on adding some cool new features (halo 2 and reach compatibility). We're open to suggestions, so if there's a feature you'd like to see on the website, let us know and we'll see what we can do.

#16   YGB Jammy

YGB Jammy

• 53 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 03:02 PM

This is really cool, just searched for me and an old friend's gamertags, over 2500 games played. Now I'm sad.