Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Halo Infinite Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1341 replies to this topic

#1326   Mr Grim

Mr Grim

a nugget of blubber

• 5,723 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:07 PM

So based on this intelligent debate around Slayer vs objective, I can safely conclude that halo infinite will have neither mode.

In fact every game mode will be either chess or skee ball.

#1327   My Namez BEAST

My Namez BEAST

• 6,086 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:09 PM

Whenever I used to play with you I always played more heavily obj. I let the player who was better at doing the slaying and opening lanes open them for me. Dive bombing flag is my biggest CTF pet peeve from people who think they're trying to win. People sitting on their side of the map with snipe don't think that, there's no way.

Balance is the key, as usual.

(Beast lets play some obj games again, I miss you bby)

Exactly. And mannnn I haven't played halo in a fat minute. But I'm always down to run games with people. Especially some good ole custies

#1328   S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME

• 1,373 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:12 PM

Exactly. And mannnn I haven't played halo in a fat minute. But I'm always down to run games with people. Especially some good ole custies

I still have the Magnum settings. If we ever get some open-minded people again (fat chance) willing to play, I could set it up

#1329   thdyingbreed

thdyingbreed

• 1,936 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:14 AM

The new engine for this game better actually be a new one and not a modified H5 because if the aiming in this game feels as bad as H5 does I’m straight up not going to buy it even if the rest of the game is a classic Halo game.

#1330   ChieftaiNZ

ChieftaiNZ

• 1,211 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:49 AM

The new engine for this game better actually be a new one and not a modified H5 because if the aiming in this game feels as bad as H5 does I’m straight up not going to buy it even if the rest of the game is a classic Halo game.

You act like this is a brave opinion, but if the aiming doesn't fucking work in a First Person Shooter then people aren't gonna play it.

#1331   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,501 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:23 PM

You act like this is a brave opinion, but if the aiming doesn't fucking work in a First Person Shooter then people aren't gonna play it.

The overall population would take a hit, definitely. And what's worse, idiots would blame it on classic Halo for some reason. "See?! The game feels sluggish and wonky now that I can't sprintthrustslideclamberstabilizechargegroundpound!!"

Me though? I'd get used to it. I can get used to H5 aiming if I just keep playing it. The aiming just makes coming back to the game a shitty experience. What always pushed me away from H5 was how exhausting it felt to just do basic shit. The way the abilities would draw fights out and make you play jungle gym simulator 2015 just to finish a routine kill, and the dude's shields come back stupid fast, and how you have to choose between moving and shooting, and you have to choose between moving and getting your shields back, and 8 second respawns make obj a shitshow...ugh...the game is just stressful in all the wrong ways. If Infinite is classic Halo, I'd muscle past the shitty aiming if it meant I could play correct Halo again.

#1332   Apoll0

Apoll0

Weekend LAN party? oh wait...

• 5,020 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:49 PM

The overall population would take a hit, definitely. And what's worse, idiots would blame it on classic Halo for some reason. "See?! The game feels sluggish and wonky now that I can't sprintthrustslideclamberstabilizechargegroundpound!!"

Me though? I'd get used to it. I can get used to H5 aiming if I just keep playing it. The aiming just makes coming back to the game a shitty experience. What always pushed me away from H5 was how exhausting it felt to just do basic shit. The way the abilities would draw fights out and make you play jungle gym simulator 2015 just to finish a routine kill, and the dude's shields come back stupid fast, and how you have to choose between moving and shooting, and you have to choose between moving and getting your shields back, and 8 second respawns make obj a shitshow...ugh...the game is just stressful in all the wrong ways. If Infinite is classic Halo, I'd muscle past the shitty aiming if it meant I could play correct Halo again.

But of course there is no excuse for the aiming being shitty. just copy/paste H2A or H4 aiming, add some more granular options for deadzone, sensitivity and acceleration and be done.

#1333   RedBlueGiG

RedBlueGiG

• 86 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:09 PM

Bolded. I couldn't agree with this particular quote more. I fully support this.

FFA, especially ranked, is only good at 6 players, always has and always will be. 8 players is equivalent to Octagon warmup nonsense IMO and therefore will always be trash. My mind will never be changed on that.

I'm still waiting to enjoy Halo FFA in matchmaking again after the amazing 6-player Regicide playlist in H4 got canned in favor of the terrible 8-player Rumble Pit. MCC's 10 player FFA was obnoxiously awful, plus it still hasn't ever had all of the games in FFA yet.

At least Destiny's 6-player FFA tides me over. Too bad D2 isn't cheap enough yet for me to actually purchase it, even after Bungie actually (gasp) buffed the killtimes and lethality of individual players.

Wrong. 6 Player Rumble Pit is an Isolated Trivialized Vacancy of Dog Shit. Where a Player Can Romp and Wander, and Locate someone Once Every Decade. I've never felt a more Purposeless Mode.

8 Player Rumble Pit is Catered toward a Rhythmatic High octane engagement pace.

Rumble Pit is supposed to be RUMBLE. PIT. A True Man's gladiator Ring.

Not your Fucking Sterile Random Encounter Wandering Simulator

#1334   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,501 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:10 AM

Wrong. 6 Player Rumble Pit is an Isolated Trivialized Vacancy of Dog Shit. Where a Player Can Romp and Wander, and Locate someone Once Every Decade. I've never felt a more Purposeless Mode.

This post makes me embarrassed to share a preference with you.

In another thread, I just poked fun about fixtheaiming343 filling the void that Supermelee left, but I forgot that you still post from time to time.

Also, here.  http://lmgtfy.com/?q...alize a word?  

#1335   SMARTAN 427

SMARTAN 427

• 657 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:40 AM

Nah, sounds and plays like Octagon, which isn't fit for matchmaking either. FFA isn't just a place to warm-up your shots for team games.

When there are almost never any 1v1 utility duels and an over-emphasis on cleaning up 1-shot players after luckily spawning behind them fighting, it feels like the ability to win is dependent purely on RNG (even if it technically isn't).

RNG isn't fun in Halo, I thought that we established this.

#1336   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,501 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:01 PM

I prefer 8 because I loved learning to manage the chaos. It’s also a lot harder to play a cheesy play style like sitting S2 with sword/snipe/regen and get away with it. I appreciate that 6 is more cerebral, but I prefer the action. Learning to corral the chaos in H4 Rumble Pro was a total joy.

#1337   HeX Reapers

HeX Reapers

• 63 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:51 PM

ffa lol

#1338   Fixtheaiming343

Fixtheaiming343

• 73 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:38 PM

So quick question, does 343 ever look at these forums? Like does anything that’s productive actually get noticed?

#1339   Basu

Basu

• 2,329 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:03 PM

So quick question, does 343 ever look at these forums? Like does anything that’s productive actually get noticed?

Not really. They come here a few months before a new game is released and act all "hey guys, we really listened this time around ^_^" just to disappear again for 3 years. Some of them have posted in the HCS thread, but those are people involved in eSports events, not actual developers. I don't know who it was (Strongside?) but one of them claimed over and over again to have forgotten his password for multiple years, it was hysterical.

Also, fully agree with Hardway on 8 man FFA. I've never liked the setup style FFA that 6 man offers and I always thought FFA should be all about your shot, strafe, nades and choosing battles wisely and not about getting to a power position and holding it, that's what 4v4 is for. I get chaos can be an issue especially with H5s jungle gym abilities that have people just flying around the map all game, but nothing screams boring as shit as playing 6 man FFA when people start camping.

#1340   SMARTAN 427

SMARTAN 427

• 657 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:55 AM

I prefer 8 because I loved learning to manage the chaos. It’s also a lot harder to play a cheesy play style like sitting S2 with sword/snipe/regen and get away with it. I appreciate that 6 is more cerebral, but I prefer the action. Learning to corral the chaos in H4 Rumble Pro was a total joy.

See, I like how you actually explain your preference. Frankly though, I've been recently thinking that optimal player count is very map dependent(technically should be obvious, I know).

I can't imagine really enjoying more than 4 on Wizard/Warlock. 8 is probably fine on larger maps.

Anyway, I always felt that in order to succeed in H4 8-FFA, you would have to not move from spawn (like the ramps on Haven). Otherwise, the very next player to die would likely spawn behind you in the same place as soon as you push halfway across the bridge. Which always feels garbage, IMO. I don't understand how anyone can enjoy that kind of nonsense. Granted, instant respawn probably made that worse than it seemed. I'll agree from previous chats that Rumble Pro with 5 sec respawn and no loadouts was at least playable in that scenario.

However, I wasn't crazy about similar situations in 8-FFA on Midship in H2 when I got to try it in MCC after missing out from the online experience. So IDK. I'll admit that somehow managing to survive 8-FFA can be satisfying but damn. No time to think. Just pure reflexes (which I can imagine some would argue is the point).

#1341   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,501 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:02 PM

See, I like how you actually explain your preference. Frankly though, I've been recently thinking that optimal player count is very map dependent(technically should be obvious, I know).

I can't imagine really enjoying more than 4 on Wizard/Warlock. 8 is probably fine on larger maps.

Anyway, I always felt that in order to succeed in H4 8-FFA, you would have to not move from spawn (like the ramps on Haven). Otherwise, the very next player to die would likely spawn behind you in the same place as soon as you push halfway across the bridge. Which always feels garbage, IMO. I don't understand how anyone can enjoy that kind of nonsense. Granted, instant respawn probably made that worse than it seemed. I'll agree from previous chats that Rumble Pro with 5 sec respawn and no loadouts was at least playable in that scenario.

However, I wasn't crazy about similar situations in 8-FFA on Midship in H2 when I got to try it in MCC after missing out from the online experience. So IDK. I'll admit that somehow managing to survive 8-FFA can be satisfying but damn. No time to think. Just pure reflexes (which I can imagine some would argue is the point).

You do develop a 6th sense for spawns in a crowded FFA. On Haven, if I spawn ramp and don't see anyone top mid or down my street as I'm pushing down, my senses are tingling to check my ramp. It's not like team games. No part of the map really matters, so it's not terribly important to push across the map. You just go where the action is, or where you think it is. The enormous radar range in H4 also helped a lot with that.

#1342   Shekkles

Shekkles

Humble purveyor and seeker of the finest sarcasm.

• 5,388 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:12 AM

Are ITVODS "Isolated Trivialized Vacancy of Dog Shit" and FSREWS "Fucking Sterile Random Encounter Wandering Simulator" common idioms where you're from?