Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Halo Infinite Discussion

• Please log in to reply
748 replies to this topic

#576   Mhunterjr

Mhunterjr

• 3,505 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:48 AM

could you see fortnite implementing this feature, I know I don’t.

No, but mainly because the userbase collectively values the Costmefic system and its integral to the experience. I don’t think there is any demand for it.

But If Epic did offer the ability for players to see only the defaults of other players- I don’t think it would have an impact of Battlepass sales, as people would still feel inclined to progress and earn items for themselves to see.

#577   Apoll0

Apoll0

Weekend LAN party? oh wait...

• 4,726 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:57 AM

No, but mainly because the userbase collectively values the Costmefic system and its integral to the experience. I don’t think there is any demand for it.

But If Epic did offer the ability for players to see only the defaults of other players- I don’t think it would have an impact of Battlepass sales, as people would still feel inclined to progress and earn items for themselves to see.

If you are someone who doesn't want to see skins, you're also not someone who is going to be buying them.  The only reason not to include the force default option is if you want to capitalize on the people that purposefully buy the ugliest shit imaginable and equip it because they know it bugs other people.  I can't imagine that's a significant chunk of the market...

HELL, for Halo, make it so this option is only for Ranked.

#578   Mhunterjr

Mhunterjr

• 3,505 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:47 PM

If you are someone who doesn't want to see skins, you're also not someone who is going to be buying them. The only reason not to include the force default option is if you want to capitalize on the people that purposefully buy the ugliest shit imaginable and equip it because they know it bugs other people. I can't imagine that's a significant chunk of the market...

HELL, for Halo, make it so this option is only for Ranked.

i feel the exact same way... and if anyone thinks cosmetics can bother someone enough to make it a worthwhile purchase, then their trolling game is weak!

#579   Aim

Aim

• 322 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:10 PM

looks a cool game im excite

#580   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,830 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:15 PM

Regarding the skin argument, Halo has never had multiplayer immersion. Hell, most of the time it hasn't had campaign immersion. You think panicking, helium-sucking grunts fit the theme of impending cosmic destruction? How about the marines and their stupid cornball quips? Enemy death animations are played for laughs. Even the soundtracks of the original trilogy were not bombastic movie scores, but slow jams with guitar and shit. 

Now there are certain things that physically hurt to look at, but that's another story. 

#581   NAK

NAK

• 1,143 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:04 PM

Halo "Infinite" is an interesting choice of title. I wouldn't be shocked if it includes a Forge that allows you to make any version of "Halo" you like. It could be more of a platform than a "sequel" in the traditional sense. Could make sense of some of the rumors of a separate release for the campaign and multiplayer. Just a thought, but I expect Microsoft to embrace Halo as platform/service more than a single game. 

Imagine this, "Everything you have seen in this campaign was made in Forge."

Now that is a "next-gen" game. 

#582   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 3,067 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

Halo "Infinite" is an interesting choice of title. I wouldn't be shocked if it includes a Forge that allows you to make any version of "Halo" you like. It could be more of a platform than a "sequel" in the traditional sense. Could make sense of some of the rumors of a separate release for the campaign and multiplayer. Just a thought, but I expect Microsoft to embrace Halo as platform/service more than a single game. 

Imagine this, "Everything you have seen in this campaign was made in Forge."

Now that is a "next-gen" game. 

A really bad one too considering some of the basic default xbox hardware capabilities. They could provide the dev tools to anyone with a decent PC to make any number of maps or modes but they choose to disallow that and instead provide forge. Which is just a really shitty map editor for the masses if we're comparing to the potential of real tools. If they provided the tools and a platform to upload maps what we have now would be nothing by comparison

#583   Basu

Basu

• 2,105 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:15 AM

Forge has become so needlessly complicated and they even ported it to the PC, so that now it's stuck in this weird place where it's not easy and intuitive anymore (H3/R/4/2A's Forges) but also doesn't quite offer the full thing that a real dev kit map editor would provide. Plus the whole "open world sandbox shooter" has been done better by so many other games, I don't see the appeal tbh.

What we really need is a gametype editor that offers Forge's depth but for gameplay mechanics, not map editing. We still don't have damage modifiers for weapons and seeing how easy it is for 343 to change weapon properties with their REQ weapons and attachments, it's a slap in the face we can't do the same. H5 actually took steps in the right direction with the movement acceleration slider and more in-depth options for all the SA's (as shitty as these abilities are, it's cool we can make clamber take 2x longer). We just need more of this.

Imagine if H5 Evolved wasn't held back by the high bullet mag and lack of zoom on the pistol, if we could disable the nade hitmarkers, create our own set of powerups add CE type spawns for 2v2 etc. Combine that with the custom game browser and we could be looking at an awesome experience, no matter how brain-dead the average matchmaking game of Warzone is. If they want to continue down this path of watering down of core mechanics, at least they should give us the option to create our own version of the game that reverts all that shit.

#584   S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME

• 1,344 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:53 AM

6vMYt2H.png

U8gIhDM.png

Marty may possibly be working on Halo music again.

#585   Basu

Basu

• 2,105 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

Sketch posted on reddit already that Marty is not back for Infinite :/

#586   Banamy

Banamy

• 963 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:45 AM

Marty has his own studio anyways. The new music guy is pretty great imo.

#587   TBCT

TBCT

• 145 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:54 AM

We will never get those groovy CE tracks or those catchy Halo 2 tunes such as "Peril" anymore.

#588   NAK

NAK

• 1,143 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:03 PM

A really bad one too considering some of the basic default xbox hardware capabilities. They could provide the dev tools to anyone with a decent PC to make any number of maps or modes but they choose to disallow that and instead provide forge. Which is just a really shitty map editor for the masses if we're comparing to the potential of real tools. If they provided the tools and a platform to upload maps what we have now would be nothing by comparison

I expect Halo Infinite to be a next-gen game. I think it'll run on the Xbox One, but some features may not work or be handicapped depending on the Hardware you use. It really wouldn't shock me if Microsoft did release another system next fall at the earliest or late 2020 at the latest. I believe there will be new consoles every 2-3 years. They will want people to upgrade like Phones/Tablets etc. 

#589   Aidan5806

Aidan5806

• 372 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:31 PM

They will want people to upgrade like Phones/Tablets etc. 

This probably isn't as true as you think. Consoles are not a profitable market and this generation has been unique in the frequent hardware refreshes because the original Xbox One and PS4 hardware was anemic on launch and display technology is reaching the market faster than graphics technology can be rolled out on a massive scale.

With the Xbox One family, Play Anywhere, and Windows 10 Game Mode Microsoft has been transforming the Xbox into a platform right before our eyes and the next Xbox will be a continuation of that. The point is to offer people more ways to play Xbox games. They are opening the garden to more people, not locking it to the newest hardware.

The next Xbox will be a continuation of the current hardware architecture. Most if not all games will still run on current consoles, especially the X. The point isn't to get people to buy a new console every two years. It's to make the Xbox platform more diverse, accessible, marketable, and versatile.

#590   BigShow36

BigShow36

• 1,239 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

MS needs to release a new console. The Xbox One was their attempt at taking the casual Wii market, and it was a departure from what let them into the market in the first place. Almost nothing they were trying to do with the Xbone at the beginning had anything to do with actually releasing and supporting awesome games, it was all about getting into the living room with Kinect and being the "entertainment" center. It failed. OG Xbox worked because it was the powerhouse of that generation and it had some pretty great games. MS needs to get back to that; the powerhouse console with great games. 

#591   Gold

Gold

• Premium

• 2,284 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:27 PM

Here was me thinking the PS2 was the powerhouse of that generation. OG Xbox had halo and that was it. The 360 on the other hand well that was the power house of it’s generation.

#592   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 3,067 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:34 PM

I expect Halo Infinite to be a next-gen game. I think it'll run on the Xbox One, but some features may not work or be handicapped depending on the Hardware you use. It really wouldn't shock me if Microsoft did release another system next fall at the earliest or late 2020 at the latest. I believe there will be new consoles every 2-3 years. They will want people to upgrade like Phones/Tablets etc. 

They confirmed already that the game is for this generation of consoles. We might not even have another next gen. You might not be wrong but its really hard to even guess at that when we don't have a release date on the next generation if it even exists in the same way we've been upgrading. They could just keep inching forward like with scorpio

#593   BigShow36

BigShow36

• 1,239 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:11 PM

Here was me thinking the PS2 was the powerhouse of that generation. OG Xbox had halo and that was it. The 360 on the other hand well that was the power house of it’s generation.

I meant in terms of raw hardware. Xbox360 won that generation by being first to market and focusing on delivering great games. My point was that MS needs to get back to focusing their gaming system on supporting and delivering great games, not by being a Wii.

#594   Gold

Gold

• Premium

• 2,284 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:47 PM

The OG Xbox was a good music/halo machine. I remember my mate saving 1000s of cds on that thing.

I don’t even want to see a new Xbox, this Xbox one infront of me is definitely my last console.

#595   Larry Sizemore

Larry Sizemore

• 1,887 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:30 PM

If these fucks think I'm buying another one of their shitbox $500 consoles for Sprintslideclamberthrust 2: Electric Boogaloo, they are gravely mistaken.

#596   Edain

Edain

• 1,531 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:15 PM

We will never get those groovy CE tracks or those catchy Halo 2 tunes such as "Peril" anymore.

This makes me really want to listen to the CE and H2 soundtracks.

SOAD  :fire:

#597   Gold

Gold

• Premium

• 2,284 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:49 AM

If these fucks think I'm buying another one of their shitbox $500 consoles for Sprintslideclamberthrust 2: Electric Boogaloo, they are gravely mistaken.

It's basically my youtube player. 

#598   ChieftaiNZ

ChieftaiNZ

• 1,124 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:42 AM

Just make a fucking Halo game, its been over a god damn decade since the last game without any extra convuluted nonsense 

No Sprint, No Abilities, No open-world sandbox, no bullshit.

Give me a campaign where I play as Chief, and only as Chief, and let me play MP without seeing some spartan have an ability seizure as they smack every button on their controller so they can get from one part of the map to another. 

#599   Gold

Gold

• Premium

• 2,284 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:32 AM

Just make a fucking Halo game, its been over a god damn decade since the last game without any extra convuluted nonsense 

No Sprint, No Abilities, No open-world sandbox, no bullshit.

Give me a campaign where I play as Chief, and only as Chief, and let me play MP without seeing some spartan have an ability seizure as they smack every button on their controller so they can get from one part of the map to another. 

I honestly find it hard to believe that people still care about campaign. 

#600   Larry Sizemore

Larry Sizemore

• 1,887 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:25 AM

I honestly find it hard to believe that people still care about campaign. 

I care about getting one that's engaging and actually fun to play. The narrative doesn't matter at all, it can be a Romeo and Juliet story with Locke and Tanaka for all I care as long as the encounter design is solid.