Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

• Please log in to reply
5317 replies to this topic

#4851   Frostbite XV2

Frostbite XV2
  • Premium

• 2,958 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:23 PM

Although this will NEVER happen, would you guys be opposed to have multiple developers for Halo? Much like CoD has been doing forever now. I’m not saying we get a new Halo every ear, but at least a new one every 2-3 years? We can’t keep relying on “give them all the time they need, we just want a good/fun game” because that arguably hasn’t happened for 8 years or more. I truly think we could get better games because of the competition between the developers. Anyway, just a random thought I had. Feel free to show me the list of reasons this would be bad, I just don’t know what to do with myself since there will be a 5 year gap between h5 and h6.

Wouldn't be outright opposed, but I'd have reservations 

#4852   valaea

valaea
  • Premium

• 1,834 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:23 PM

haven't seen this guy's compilations posted here ...

#4853   logan

logan

• 1,367 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:28 AM

POPULAR

#4854   Basu

Basu

• 2,290 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:27 AM

Although this will NEVER happen, would you guys be opposed to have multiple developers for Halo? Much like CoD has been doing forever now. I’m not saying we get a new Halo every ear, but at least a new one every 2-3 years? We can’t keep relying on “give them all the time they need, we just want a good/fun game” because that arguably hasn’t happened for 8 years or more. I truly think we could get better games because of the competition between the developers. Anyway, just a random thought I had. Feel free to show me the list of reasons this would be bad, I just don’t know what to do with myself since there will be a 5 year gap between h5 and h6.

Alternating between real Halo games (could even be set during the time between Reach and H2) made by a new developer or Certain Affinity and 343s space marinefall warzone games every 2 years would be the best thing moving forward for this franchise.

#4855   Knighty Knight

Knighty Knight

Caster

• Verified

• 7,208 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:35 AM

id prefer the route valve took with cs after source 

#4856   AirKick

AirKick

• 313 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:00 AM

id prefer the route valve took with cs after source

What did they do? Not familiar with this.

#4857   Craneteam

Craneteam
  • Premium

• 4,799 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:25 AM

i wouldnt want this.  most of the cod community seems sick of relearning a new game every year and there is no set standard that the individual devs use. ww2 was a flop, before that was jet packs, and the next is 5v5 mp only with a br mode. i prefer the same dev on a 2-3 year cycle. i just want a classic style halo with improvements and some modifications along the way. i dont want to worry the year the shitty dev releases their game or hope that the whole formula changes completely.

i think 343 is handling it right by outsourcing halo wars and their other projects and keeping core halo in house. they just need to keep with the improvements they've shown and make infinite the best game they possibly can

#4858   pddschild

pddschild

• 511 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:46 AM

What did they do? Not familiar with this.

Keep the same game for years and just update and perfect it.

#4859   Knighty Knight

Knighty Knight

Caster

• Verified

• 7,208 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:34 AM

Keep the same game for years and just update and perfect it.

for me i thought source (reach, mcc, 2a, 4, 5) was unplayable when compared to the original (1,2,3)

the game just didn't play the same. 1.6 was special and csgo is finally at that point where its basically just a reskin

#4860   LoftiestTea33

LoftiestTea33

• 250 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:10 AM

We also played with automatics, splinters and storm rifles for 2 years straight. Never forgetti.

Empire strongholds had two storms on 10 sec respawns

#4861   A Fhaol Bhig

A Fhaol Bhig

• 1,029 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:30 AM

So has anyone else come to conclude why they think Splyce lost?

I see a lot of people saying its because "they didn't care and just assumed they would win". (EX, not practicing new maps)

#4862   TheSimms

TheSimms

Caster

• Verified

• 1,690 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:33 AM

POPULAR

Fucking get this shit out of here immediately  

#4863   SuperHippo

SuperHippo

• 162 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:02 PM

Although this will NEVER happen, would you guys be opposed to have multiple developers for Halo? Much like CoD has been doing forever now. I’m not saying we get a new Halo every ear, but at least a new one every 2-3 years? We can’t keep relying on “give them all the time they need, we just want a good/fun game” because that arguably hasn’t happened for 8 years or more. I truly think we could get better games because of the competition between the developers. Anyway, just a random thought I had. Feel free to show me the list of reasons this would be bad, I just don’t 

#4864   TiberiusAudley

TiberiusAudley

• 5,743 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:05 PM

POPULAR

Bungie save us.

Bungie was the company that thought it was a good idea to introduce a weapon spawning system where the weapon respawn timer didn't begin until you either stood still for 3 seconds or died.

#4865   Apoll0

Apoll0

Weekend LAN party? oh wait...

• 4,999 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:49 PM

Bungie save us.

/s ???

#4866   Frostbite XV2

Frostbite XV2
  • Premium

• 2,958 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

i and make infinite the best game they possibly can

Which might not be particularly good for the the base represented on these forums lol

#4867   Craneteam

Craneteam
  • Premium

• 4,799 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:59 PM

Which might not be particularly good for the the base represented on these forums lol

rhe game has improved settings wise. the struggle now is bugs and shit that have been present for years (ghost melees and shit like that) and a ranking systems that seems fucked by a low population. even if we dont get a true classic halo, getting a working, fun, skillful game would be enough for me

#4868   JORGE

JORGE

Hip hip JORGE

• Premium

• 832 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:17 PM

anyone know when 2ks start back up for ATL?

#4869   CharlesSharkley

CharlesSharkley

--frequent crier-- frequent bagger--

• 1,645 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:19 PM

i like the skins, but more importantly - i like that they apparently fixed the issue with adding skins. also, still supporting the game with new content.

I know you didn't call adding some half-baked skins this far into a game's life span "new content"

#4870   Bad Dub

Bad Dub

McVeigh

• Verified

• 3,042 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:15 PM

I went 11/17 today and have less of a rank than when I started lol this ranking system is either terrible or tough

#4871   Zavehi

Zavehi

• 2,275 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:14 PM

I went 11/17 today and have less of a rank than when I started lol this ranking system is either terrible or tough

5 wins to gain a rank, 1 loss to lose it.

#4872   Llamaas

Llamaas

• 165 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:24 PM

Ive won over 90 games and lost probably only around 30 and my rank is exactly the same as when i started.

#4873   Noodle

Noodle
  • Premium

• 371 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:31 PM

Ive won over 90 games and lost probably only around 30 and my rank is exactly the same as when i started.

I get all of Menke's arguments as to why this happens (in chess if a player's ELO gets high enough they'll gain almost nothing for wins and lose a bunch on loses), but the fact that the CSR covers up our MMR is what makes this so frustrating. If MMRs were visible I could deal with the fact that I don't gain much points for winning against players with significantly lower MMR. But when you put the CSR system over it, which updates slower, I just see people in the same league as me and when I consistently win I expect to gain significant rank since the CSR tells me they're of the same skill.

I think the matchmaking itself works great during higher population periods; I consistently put into matches where the average skill level of one team matches the average skill of the other team. But the needless complexity of having a CSR in place of your MMR really makes the overall ranking experience pretty darn frustrating. I love the engagement level Menke has in the community and his logic about why the matchmaking is a good system is solid, but at a certain point you can't just expect players to account for a ranking system with hidden information instead of expecting them to react negatively to the only information that's actually displayed to them.

#4874   TheSimms

TheSimms

Caster

• Verified

• 1,690 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:53 AM

POPULAR

Bungie was the company that thought it was a good idea to introduce a weapon spawning system where the weapon respawn timer didn't begin until you either stood still for 3 seconds or died.

They 100% used Reach as a testing ground for Destiny that was been developed in the background, then sacked us off and we was then given Halo 4 as the follow up...

As annoying as Halo 5 is its better than 4 and better than Vanilla Reach, Reach V7 was damn good but by then it was too little too late and franchise was on the down while cod was well on the up. My emotions with this franchise are a roller coaster.

#4875   pddschild

pddschild

• 511 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:35 AM

Snip.

Someone speaking god's truth instead of the simple whining. I don't understand the need for 2 ranks either, one hidden and the other apparently inaccurate. I will literally get the w against a champ and not move up.

I also personally feel that more needs to be weighted on a win. In Arena against high diamonds and up, unless your pro, you aren't going to be dropping COD numbers. You'll go 13 and 12 with 10 assists and some objective (some of which cannot be measured) and it seems like Menke's system is like eh.

But I'm no doctor