Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Truth Behind Halo's TTK

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1   phil

phil

• 301 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

POPULAR

I wanna thank TB for teaching me all this LOL

#2   Infinity

Infinity
  • Staff

• 8,376 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:16 PM

I love this video. Well-spoken, well-explained, and some really quality footage to back it up.

Really hoping Halo 6 can turn the sandbox around.

Thanks for making this, @!

#3   S0UL FLAME

S0UL FLAME

• 1,298 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:35 PM

@

Decent video, really informative, but there was one flaw.

CE's Magnum isn't a seven body-shot kill. It's five. The average KT for it is actually one second, not 1.4. 

Other than that, this was a good video!

#4   FrankieFourShot

FrankieFourShot

• 1,176 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:36 PM

Perfect video explanation.  Well done.

#5   phil

phil

• 301 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:38 PM

POPULAR

@

Decent video, really informative, but there was one flaw.

CE's Magnum isn't a seven body-shot kill. It's five. The average KT for it is actually one second, not 1.4. 

Other than that, this was a good video!

The seven shot number isn't body shots, but instead accounts for inaccuracy of the player themselves.

Thanks @ for sharing!

#6   Trespa5s

Trespa5s

• 372 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

Nice video.  Curious about one thing though. Are you saying for them to drop it to a 4 shot perfect? Or speed up the RoF?  Also reducing magnetism would be a pretty good start. 

#7   Saucey

Saucey
  • Admin

• 7,654 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:53 PM

This was a really good video, nice job.

#8   phil

phil

• 301 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

Nice video. Curious about one thing though. Are you saying for them to drop it to a 4 shot perfect? Or speed up the RoF? Also reducing magnetism would be a pretty good start.

Either would work honestly. The main idea is just to reduce average accuracy through lower magnetism, shot lead, etc.

#9   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 5,038 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

Great video. I think this is an important aspect that is often overlooked by the majority of gamers where as in game theory its incredibly important.

I would probably agree with saying that 7 shots is the average just by guessing myself. Did you happen to look into it anymore? I know that @ has data on a ton of various things.. to a point where it is mind blowing. One thing he did recently was compare how many shots it took the same players to kill their opponents while playing Neutral Host Edition as well as playing Off Host. I wonder what he would consider the "average" shots to kill.

#10   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 3,922 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

This was excellent Phil. Spread the good word on Waypoint and reddit, for the folks that really need to hear it.

#11   Squatting Bear

Squatting Bear

• 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

Wow, really well made video OP.  Just out of curiosity where did you get the data for average TTK?

#12   phil

phil

• 301 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

Wow, really well made video OP. Just out of curiosity where did you get the data for average TTK?

I took overall accuracy using only the magnum, as well as looking at clips of 1v1 battles to get a rough idea.

#13   Moses_FPS

Moses_FPS

πŸ’‘ πŸ…ΈπŸ…½πŸ†ƒπŸ…΄πŸ…»

• Premium

• 10,333 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

POPULAR

good shit phil, i also really enjoy this video of yours

#14   Shekkles

Shekkles

Humble purveyor and seeker of the finest sarcasm.

• 5,087 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

This vocalised something that's been bugging me and it's fantastic.

I always got annoyed that in Halo 3+ you could only play one opponent at a time, then you have to wait to recharge your shields unless they never saw you.

Slows the whole game down and as you said, isn't rewarding. You can use the "use grenades and melee" argument but I don't always have a grenade, but I always have my primary.

#15   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 5,038 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

I took overall accuracy using only the magnum, as well as looking at clips of 1v1 battles to get a rough idea.

Maybe Devilman will pop in with some ridiculous spread sheet of data but like I said I would tend to agree with saying 7 shots is a good average. Even good players are caught dumping an entire clip on someone without getting a kill.

#16   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,230 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

Hmm. 

Very good narration dude! The video is missing so much but this video did a great job consolidating the most important information. I wish I could show everyone in the world this video. 

The only thing I would like to add that you didn't mention that the notion "whoever sees who first wins, it's no skill" for cod/halo/csgo is another lie in the sense that it takes skill not to be seen first. That's the whole premise of flanking the enemy team. 

#17   Landonio

Landonio

• 390 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:53 PM

+1

#18   VinnyMendoza

VinnyMendoza

• 1,963 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:44 AM

Hmm.

Very good narration dude! The video is missing so much but this video did a great job consolidating the most important information. I wish I could show everyone in the world this video.

The only thing I would like to add that you didn't mention that the notion "whoever sees who first wins, it's no skill" for cod/halo/csgo is another lie in the sense that it takes skill not to be seen first. That's the whole premise of flanking the enemy team.

I could be wrong but I never heard him say that seeing the other guy first takes no skill. He is just saying adding on to this skill by requiring players to also have to aim accurately every time they get a kill is partially what makes Halo more skilled than COD.

#19   logan

logan

• 1,306 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:06 AM

For real, 343i needs to see this video and any other ones that he might have. They are straight to the point and expose the heart of the issues.

#20   Devilman

Devilman

• 57 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:21 AM

POPULAR

Maybe Devilman will pop in with some ridiculous spread sheet of data but like I said I would tend to agree with saying 7 shots is a good average. Even good players are caught dumping an entire clip on someone without getting a kill.

@Teapot I think 7 shots is a good average for CE.  Last year I collected 1v1 pistol stats from 18 games (three 6-game series) that four of my locals played in (including myself).  As a whole we averaged 6.456 shots per kill out of a total of 381 1v1 pistol battles.

@phil Great video btw.

#21   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 5,038 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:48 PM

@Teapot I think 7 shots is a good average for CE.  Last year I collected 1v1 pistol stats from 18 games (three 6-game series) that four of my locals played in (including myself).  As a whole we averaged 6.456 shots per kill out of a total of 381 1v1 pistol battles.

@phil Great video btw.

Thats awesome... It's unreal to me sometimes how you just have all this data up your sleeve. I love it.

#22   B SiK

B SiK

• 44 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:55 PM

Great explanation and examples, phil. Well done.

#23   Aphex Twin

Aphex Twin

• 1,735 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:19 PM

POPULAR

I'm impressed to see content like this being produced at this stage in halo's life.

Great argument, pretty much 100% correct. However, this same argument has been used since 2004 on the bungie.net and mlgpro.com forums.

I think there's no hope for halo anymore, but I hope I'm wrong, and it's encouraging to see new debate-focused content on halo's kill times when the game's population has largely accepted clunky movement and slow kill times (in addition to being a fraction of its former size) as a necessary evil.

Seriously people, don't purchase halo 6 if it's more of the same trash. I still haven't purchased or played halo 5, and that's really the only way to bend the developers to our will. The second they lose profit, they change their business model.

You may feel the urge to blindly purchase h6 on release day, just like I did with h3, reach, and h4. Spare yourself the misery of playing another bad game. Give Halo the death it deserves if the developers continue giving us breadcrumbs.

#24   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,230 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

I could be wrong but I never heard him say that seeing the other guy first takes no skill. He is just saying adding on to this skill by requiring players to also have to aim accurately every time they get a kill is partially what makes Halo more skilled than COD.

I wasn't trying to say he did. It was just his topic he covered as being wrong but he didn't cover the other reason why it is wrong. 

#25   SatansReverence

SatansReverence

• 490 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:47 PM

This was excellent Phil. Spread the good word on Waypoint and reddit, for the folks that really need to hear it.

They won't hear it because Halo 5 has the best shooting mechanics of the series.

Read "Halo 5 is the easiest to shoot in so it makes me think I'm good but deep down I know I'm bad and the game gets very boring very fast"