Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Do we have a "post your desktop" thread? We do now

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,512 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

Post'em. 

LC3w9G.png

With "Classic Shell" start menu:

ATTiQo.png

#2   Nokt

Nokt

The Lost One

• Premium

• 1,130 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:15 PM

Pretty basic. I have about 30 photos or so that change every half hour.

XzTRjdB.png

#3   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,512 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:17 PM

I would have rotating photos, but Windows has a very primitive desktop manager that won't you have separate photos on each monitor, and also whenever the photos switch there's a touch of lag for me when I'm running full-screen applications. 

#4   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,190 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

Probably about half the things on my desktop haven't been opened/clicked on for years. Some since like 2010 I'm sure. Only changed my desktop picture once because the first one was incompatible with some software I used or something stupid

IERvryx.jpg

#5   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,512 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:17 PM

Reg.reg

*explode* 

#6   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,190 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

Reg.reg

*explode* 

I don't even know how it got there nor how long it's been there nor wtf it even does. 

#7   Nokt

Nokt

The Lost One

• Premium

• 1,130 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:21 PM

I would have rotating photos, but Windows has a very primitive desktop manager that won't you have separate photos on each monitor, and also whenever the photos switch there's a touch of lag for me when I'm running full-screen applications. 

I guess it works out that I don't like having multiple screens. I'd rather have a higher res monitor than 2 lower res models. Just waiting for 4K monitors to get 120hz and I'll start saving for an upgrade.

#8   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,512 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

I don't even know how it got there nor how long it's been there nor wtf it even does. 

Click it. 

See what happens. 

Do it. 

I guess it works out that I don't like having multiple screens. I'd rather have a higher res monitor than 2 lower res models. Just waiting for 4K monitors to get 120hz and I'll start saving for an upgrade.

I've had two of the same monitor since I think 2009, they're both 1440x900.

I'd like to get a 144Hz 1080p monitor at some point. I don't know if I would just make that my only monitor, or try to be a fancy fatass with a three-monitor setup. 

#9   Lucky--

Lucky--

• 233 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:57 PM

2uqkg75.png

#10   -DeucEy-

-DeucEy-

• 2,002 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:30 AM

Left Monitor:

Spoiler

Right Monitor: 

Spoiler

Main Monitor:

bPDxYmS.png

I've been meaning to customize the Windows 10 Start Shell, I just haven't had the time to 
A) Find one I like

B) Just make one myself

I've been meaning to switch the background on my right monitor as well, but Mishima Senpai is keeping us all safe from G Corps so we're all good.

I use this program called DeskScapes to do this, it's actually pretty baller since you can add animated backgrounds and separate the backgrounds on each of the monitors. Comes with a nice right click shell extension too that will let you just pause and resume it on the fly!

#11   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,512 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:28 AM

Will have to look into that, I've got some animated backgrounds that I used to use on Windows 7 but can't use on Windows 10 right now. 

Speaking of which, here are a couple of Dreamscene backgrounds I created if anyone has an animated background solution like Deucey:

Halo loop

Mass Effect loop

#12   gporter

gporter

dude the magic*

• 18,139 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:49 AM

Post'em.

LC3w9G.png

With "Classic Shell" start menu:

ATTiQo.png

I use classic shell too, worth upgrading to windows 10 though? I have 8 right now and it’s terrible.

#13   Synyster

Synyster

• 1,984 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:50 PM

I use classic shell too, worth upgrading to windows 10 though? I have 8 right now and it’s terrible.

http://www.classicsh....php?f=4&t=8147

Classic Shell no longer being developed, so, probably not. Open source though. 

#14   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,512 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:53 PM

I have never even touched the piece of garbage that is Windows 8. I suppose you can just get W10 to be relevant / future-proof. 

http://www.classicsh....php?f=4&t=8147

Classic Shell no longer being developed, so, probably not. Open source though. 

Well fuck my life and also my butt. 

#15   Synyster

Synyster

• 1,984 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:54 PM

j33qUTw.png

#16   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,512 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:00 PM

Weren't you the one who told me one time to get that ugly Recycle Bin off my desktop? :B

#17   Synyster

Synyster

• 1,984 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:01 PM

Weren't you the one who told me one time to get that ugly Recycle Bin off my desktop? :B

No, bottom right only though. I've always had my recycle icon on my desktop. 

#18   gporter

gporter

dude the magic*

• 18,139 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

No, bottom right only though. I've always had my recycle icon on my desktop. 

such a great unwritten rule, gotta keep the trash away from everything else!

#19   -DeucEy-

-DeucEy-

• 2,002 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

Will have to look into that, I've got some animated backgrounds that I used to use on Windows 7 but can't use on Windows 10 right now. 

Speaking of which, here are a couple of Dreamscene backgrounds I created if anyone has an animated background solution like Deucey:

Halo loop

Mass Effect loop

This is dope! They actually work right out of the box with that DeskScapes app I was talking about. Switched that Heihachi one with the Halo loop.

W0AXjMB.jpg

I had no idea I could even do that. Just learned something new today.

Damn it.. Now I need to go make a wmv of Halo 2 or something... Fuck  :laughing:  

#20   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,554 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

New comp.  My last windows 7 one was more customized with rainmeter and a skin over all the windows explorer elements to make it look sleek and black.  Am I dumb or is there anything like that for w10? Can't find anything.

OO3FF1F.jpg

#21   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,512 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:18 PM

This is dope! They actually work right out of the box with that DeskScapes app I was talking about. Switched that Heihachi one with the Halo loop.

W0AXjMB.jpg

I had no idea I could even do that. Just learned something new today.

Damn it.. Now I need to go make a wmv of Halo 2 or something... Fuck  :laughing:  

I'm assuming that Deskscapes will use different types of containers or codecs (Dreamscene will only use WMVs I think), so I definitely don't recommend WMVs/VC-1 files , they greywash everything and generally suck the butt. 

Use AVC/H.264 or HEVC/H.265. 

#22   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,512 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:21 PM

New comp.  My last windows 7 one was more customized with rainmeter and a skin over all the windows explorer elements to make it look sleek and black.  Am I dumb or is there anything like that for w10? Can't find anything.

OO3FF1F.jpg

Do you mean a Rainmeter skin that encapsulates Windows 10 elements, or an actual desktop theme for Windows 10? 

#23   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,554 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:53 PM

Do you mean a Rainmeter skin that encapsulates Windows 10 elements, or an actual desktop theme for Windows 10?

An actual skinner over windows explorer. I've found like 2 programs but they both aren't free. Weird that this is such a problem considering how popular widows 10 is.

#24   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,512 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

I've never used any program of that kind although I know a bunch have been out there in years past, so unfortunately I'm out of the loop on that one.

#25   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,512 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:03 AM

Here's what my Linux desktops generally look like.

Xubuntu with Conky and Cairo Dock (neon theme).

JvCwDN.png