Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How Halo Should Be - Indepth Post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1   XLEK

XLEK

• 55 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:42 PM

Firstly, I want to say Hi. Secondly, here are my thoughts about why Halo should go back to classic and what it should be like. I know some of the features are just copied from past Halos but I wrote out pretty much everything to explain it for everyone. GL HF!

Starting Screen:

Campaign
Multiplayer
Settings

• Campaign: General Campaign stuff. Just make sure it's a good story and gameplay for all to enjoy. Include many Easter Eggs, 4 difficulties (easy, Normal, Heroic, Legendary), skulls, etc.
  • Multiplayer: Ranked Playlist: HCS Playlist, Team Slayer, Team Doubles, Head to Head, Team Skirmish/Objective, Team Snipers, Big Team Battle, and Warzone. (Only Social)
  • Social Playlist: Social Team Slayer, Social Doubles, Social Team Skirmish/Objective, Zombies, Big Team Battle, Warzone, Grifball, and monthly exclusive playlists chosen by 343 from community suggestions.
  • Customs: Same as before
  • Fire Fight: Same as before
  • Forge: Build some maps, same as before.
  • Theater: Be able to re-watch last 20 games, save & clip videos, party size for 4 people to watch film with.
  • Settings: For all parts of the game. Multiplayer, Local, Audio/Sound, Graphics, etc.

Ranking System & Service Record:

Your service record is basically your career card. You will focus on your Multiplayer statistics but you'll have access to what campaign you completed, custom games, File Share, Social Games, Playlist Ranks, Achievements, etc. All ranked playlists should have a level 1-50 number ranking, 1 being newbie and 50 being L337 pro, better than 343 staff, jk, not really. In your service record it will show what your levels are for each playlist for all to see. You will also see how much xp you get from each win and how much xp you need to get to the next number rank. For example, your Team Slayer is level 35 and you want to see how much xp you need to get to level 36, there will be a bar in your service record showing you what xp you currently have and how much xp you need to get to the next level. The way you could look it up on Bungie.net back in Halo 2. If you lose a game you will lose xp rank and possibly your level, same way as you did in Halo 2 and Halo 3. There should also be your symbol/emblem rank for that playlist and your overall xp rank for each game won which would go accumulate over time by one point for each win. You can lose those points by quitting out or getting booting by teammate, which would only be 2 points for every offense but you wouldn't be able to keep quitting out to lose your xp fast because the ban system would temporarily ban you for 5, 10, 30 minutes depending on how often and many you quit from.

Emblem Ranking:

So on top of the 1-50 Levels for the Ranked Playlist, you will also have a Ranked Emblem for each playlist and an Overall Emblem. Like you did in Halo 3. You will need certain level ranks in each playlist in order to rank up your specific playlist emblem rank but your overall emblem rank only matters if one of your ranks has met it's requirements to go to the next emblem.

Ranked Playlist XP:

XP for Level 1-50 (Calculated for that game win/lose, kills, assists, etc)

Playlist Emblem Rank (+1 for every win, -2 for every quit/booted out, that specific playlist)

Overall Emblem Rank (+1 for every win any playlist, -2 every quit/booted out, all playlists accumulate)

Social XP Points for Emblem Ranking:

Social Playlist Emblems & 1-50 Levels would not be available since it is a rank and social is only about playing that game, not really trying to rank up your level but your social wins will count towards your Overall Emblem Rank. Since your social wins count as a +1 overall and it would be too easy to get max wins to get to the highest emblem rank, you will need to meet the required level in ranked in order for those Overall Emblem XP points count. You might be Level 40 with 5000 social xp win points but you would need level 45 in ranked for the 5000 points to change your overall emblem into the emblem that requires 5000 points.

Competitive Maps, Gametypes, Settings, Weapons:

There should be on release at least 17-20 Maps with future DLC.

Appox. 12 Maps should focus around 4v4 Gametypes: 60% of them being symmetric.

Approx. 5 Maps should be large maps suitable for 8v8 Gametypes: 50% of them symmetric

GameTypes:

I will only address Gametypes for ranked competitive/HCS Settings.

Team Slayer: 50 Kills to win 

Capture the Flag (Halo 2/3 version): 3-5 Captures, depending on map, walk slower with flag, no weapon while holding flag, press button to
pick up, can juggle the flag.

Neutral Bomb (Halo 2/3 version) 3-5 Arms, depending on map, walk slower with flag, no weapon while holding bomb, press button to pick up, can juggle the bomb.

Oddball (Halo 2/3 version) Hold ball for 250 second to win, can't throw ball, other toss drop, no weapon while holding ball, can juggle the ball.

King of the Hill (Halo 3 version): Stand in hill for 250 seconds to win, +1 Point per second while standing in it.

You can keep weapon spawn timers for all playlists, but when it comes to competitive or ranked competitive then they should be turned off for players to use their skill to time weapons. Time to dirty the opponents spawn times.

Base Player Settings:

Regular Movement Speed, Gravity, Damage, Shields, NO RADAR, etc.

No Sprint, No Spartan Abilities, Assassination Animation is fine as long as you can turn it off, should be auto off for Competitive.

Shooting a player will always un-scope them.

Competitive Weapons:

Let's cover the Weapon Tiers for each Halo first:

Tier 1 = Duals, Autos, Short range weapons.
Tier 2 = Battle Rifle, Carbine, Medium to long range.
Tier 3 = Power Weapons, Sniper & Rockets and Pulse Grenades (I'll get to this in a minute)

Halo CE = Teir 1 = Magnum/AR(Starting Weapon), Tier 2 = Nothing, Teir 3 = Sniper/Rockets - No abilities/No Sprint

Halo 2/3 - Tier 1 = Duals, Tier 2 BR/Carbine(Starting Weapon) Tier 3 Sniper/Rockets- No abilities/No Sprint

Halo Reach: Tier 1 = Nothing, Tier 2 = DMR/Carbine(Starting Weapon or equivalent), Tier 3 Sniper, Rockets, Grenade Launcher. - Abilities/Sprint/Bloom

Halo 4 - Tier 1 = AR, Tier 2 = BR, Tier 3 Sniper/Rockets - Sprint/Abilities/Stayed Scoped in

MCC - Tier 1 Not Exsistant, Tier 2 = BR(Starting Weapon), Tier 3 = (Sniper/Rockets) - No abilities/No Sprint

Halo 5 - Tier 1 = Magnum/AR, Tier 2 = BR/DMR/LR, Tier 3 = (Sniper/Rockets) - Abilities/Sprint

I would say Halo 2 & Halo 3 were the best competitive Halos out there when it came just the mechanics of the game, some would say otherwise #RIP.

If you notice, every Halo has 3 Tiers of weapons and usually only 2 Teirs will be used for competitive.

Halo CE used Tier 1 & 3 but that's because it only had a total of 2 Tiers but classified them into 1 & 3. This was okay because everyone started with the standard Magnum/AR and nobody could acquire Tier 2 weapons to over power Tier 1 weapons, even though Tier 2 weapons, example a BR, would be the same damage/time as a magnum so you could trade but the BR would have better range and easier for assists/DPS.

Halo 2/3 had 3 Tiers, Tier 1 = autos, Tier 2 = Rifles(starting weapon), Tier 3 = Power weapons. Technically Halo 2 used Tier 1 duals but they weren't overpowered and they weren't starting weapons. So Halo 2 & 3 basically used Tier 2 & 3 for their competitive side and it was balanced. BR/Carbine = same, No one else on the maps would have any slight advantages with on-map weapons, excluding power weapons.

Halo Reach had 2 Tiers of weapons in competitive but their were 3 factors that threw the game off entirely, Sprint, Abilities, and Bloom. Even though these probably sounded like good ideas because they were trying to create new, fresh content for casuals and all.The actual problem with this game was the new features forced us to "LIKE" them in order for us to play competitively or casually and it made most new players that came to the scene wanted it over classic Halo at the time.

Halo 4 approached and I remember people getting hyped about the BR coming back to Halo but along with sprint/abilities from Reach and then them adding the "Always Being Scoped In", which was probably the worst thing ever, at that time there was no delevoper support for tournaments, besides RTX stuff. Yes, you had ALG and that might have been nice but I know that was just like a hooters lan party at best. Sorry, good effort but we need real $$$ tournaments to support players that actually win/get top placings. Some pros considered going to Call of Duty at the time and it was splitting the community and breaking Halo more.

MCC was released with very high hopes, Boots on the ground, No sprint, Descope back in place, no abilities, good ole classic looking stock halo. It probably would have been a very enjoyable competitive/casual game if again, wasn't splitting up the community and giving new players a terrible experience when the so called "new version" of Halo 2 was mainly Campaign and 3, eventually 4 remade multiplayer maps. The game felt good, movement wasn't as bad as the other games, felt like OG Halo again in a way. But 3 competitive maps for 1 year of competition, I mean that's okay I guess but still, they could have done better with a little more maps and WAYYYYY better servers. That's what made people hate the game entirely. You couldn't just jump on and play with your friends or compete until you reset your build like 50x times and then it's 2 hours later with only 2 games played. It could have been a way better game but 343 failed us again. Waste of our time we'll never get back.

Halo 5 Beta, there was a lot of hype behind this being the "Most Competitive Game Console" blah blah blah. Honestly the Beta, to me, did feel a lot better than the actual game right now, flame me if you want.  I liked the Beta with BR start.

Halo 5 is out and there is hype. I got it and tried to play it within the 1st week, I uninstalled it and that was pretty much it. I did come back later in the year(s) for like a month because it was Halo, but it was still trash. then ended up just quitting again.  Halo 5 has all 3 Weapon Tiers & Sprint, Abilities, etc. and 343 literally broke Halo 5 for competition. Now I'm not saying it's not competitive at all, it just doesn't feel like a true competitive game when I can hop on and be decent within a few hours and hit no scopes across map while talking on the phone. This game is way to easy, that all the features are made because it's "New and fresh". Again, that's not a bad thing but when the 343 developers force you to "Like" it yet again and again and again, maybe more people like it, highly doubt that, but seriously. If more people played it, Halo would be top 10 or at least top 20 (*vomits*) on twitch. The only way a Halo will be true again is if, you go back to the roots, the classic, the beginning of when Halo was booming (Halo 2 / Halo 3). Bring back the actual long fights and strafy feel of the game, not some super fast, overpowered AR starting crap, crouching around corners and ground pounding scrubs. But it needs to go back to the 2 weapon Tier game with no sprint/abilities, most would agree(freaking hope so or this post was for nothing). 

Halo 5 had all 3 Tiers: Tier 1 = Magnum/Autos, Tier 2 = BR/DMR/Carbine/LR, Tier 3 = Power weapons = Sniper/Rockets/Assault Rifle(oops, didn't mean to include this) and all it's fancy abilities. Again they added way to much stuff and are not listening to the pros on how to fix a game that's dead, instead they want to change it how they see fit which is such a terrible move on their part. 343 is the Yahoo on the gaming industry, if no one understands that then Google "yahoo fails to buy google nicola" and it should be the first image. 343 in my opinion only looking at what sells month one and fudge the rest. All other competitive games usually just make 1 damn game(excluding CoD) and they listen to their top players for advice on how to shape the future, not force the pros to like stuff and then say they will listen but not. Literally they're playing with all of our emotions towards the game and we are telling them we will pay for your game and compete but just give us time to "help" you make the game better, but they aren't listening or are they just rude AF.

Anyways... back to why Halo should go back to the real "FRESH, NEW" classic way. Back to 2 Weapon Tiers for Competitive Halo, no abilities, sprint, or radar. If you build one game that can last a long time but constant updates to it, then it's a pretty damn good solid game overall. 343 has the talent to make awesome looking games but fails to bring it together when it comes to pleasing the crowd + their servers are wack. You can make money off of one game if you know how to properly make one and continue to grow it, stick to what works. Now back to the list of what weapons should be:

Battle Rifle: (Starting weapon, 3 shot burst, 4sK, around map for ammo)

Carbine: (Around map for secondary)

Sniper Rifle: (Teir 3 Weapon, power weapon)

Rocket Launcher (Tier 3 Weapon, Power Weapon)

Plasma Grenades (On Map grenades)

Frag Grenades (Starting with 2, on map grenades, *New 12/4/17* no grenade hit markers.)

Pulse Grenades: (Now I consider this a power weapon, you can use it to block paths and insta kill someone. Yes, plasma nades are somewhat the same but plasma's take a bit to explode on the ground, these are the true insta kills. So If these were classified as power grenades aka power weapon to block paths for 5 seconds when thrown but only spawns 2 every 3-5 minutes so it's not overly abused. I think it would be a good Tier 3 grenade for maps that can't have power weapons like sniper or rockets)

*New 12/4/17*
I believe that the game needs good hit registration but I like the fact that you should lead shots slightly for long range shots to make the game harder to just 4 players across the map. Helps opponents not get spawn killed instantly unless you hit shots perfectly which top players can do but it would be harder with a leading burst shot. I'm not saying make it impossible, but it should be looked into. Snipers shouldn't have a lead, just BR/Carbine imo.

Over shield and Camo are a must when it comes to competitive play. You should be able to burn OS. Camo should be very hard to see, walking fast or normal full speed = less camo, slow walking, crouching = hard to see.

Again, there might be new weapons that could fit into this but this is just my opinion based off of what the best of Halo comp.

Competitive Maps:

Like I said before, a new game drop with 12 maps based on 4v4 HCS scenarios, for example: Sanctuary, Lockout, The Pit, etc. 60% of those 12 maps should be symmetric(The Pit, Narrows, Midship) and 40% unsymmetrical (Guardian, Lockout, etc.). This gives everyone enough maps to not get tired of the game, different game modes for each map (Slayer, KotH, CTF, etc.) Plus you will have a forge map to create other maps for playlist and HCS. The community wouldn't grow tired of the same loading screens, the same maps, the same everything. More variety for all. Even though these 12 maps are based around 4v4 HCS scenarios, it would still benefit the community as a whole. Casual players loved the pit just like professional players did and vice versa for other maps too.

*New 12/4/17* Jumps:

All maps should have short cuts or skill jumps that are medium to hard for players to master over time to have the edge over the other team. This is obviously available for all to learn and shouldn't something where you have to practice it 100 times a day for a month to learn it. Brings slight randomness to the game for certain situations for juking other players, or again, gaining the edge on other players/teams. Of course these should be on all maps, but focused on more for competitive maps (Suggestion)

*NEW12/4/17* HCS/Arena Forge Maps:

Forge Maps for competitive play should be narrowed down to the top maps submitted then played out by Pro Teams Only to verify the map fits for HCS/Arena/Tournaments. All possible competitive gametypes should be played on it to check which ones play the best and which ones don't to bring it to a final decision for maps/gametypes. The forge map makers for those selected maps to be entered into HCS/Arena should get an award or a prize for helping out the community.

Suggestions for the game:

*NEW 12/4/17* Searching Preferences:

When you're going to search a playlist, you can turn on preferences for what you would like to search for, like what's in Halo 5: Fastest Game Possible, Best Connection, or Try Hards. If the game were to implement these 3 search preferences with the level 1-50 rank, then the "vs Try Hards" preference would not be fit since it would be automatically searching around your level then drop until it finds your preference. They should incorporate a possible setting for To4 search for the first 3-5 minutes then drop back to regular search preferences. I would rather wait 5 minutes to play an actual to4 in playlist then my team vs non teams. Unless they incorporate the clan feature that has it's own playlist, only for to4s to use. At the rate 343 is going with not providing good updates and such, I hope they don't add play against try hards when they would already have the search rank system to match around your level.

Multiple BETA(S):

Have multiple betas on the actual servers you are going to use for the game. I'm not an IT guy but I'm pretty sure it's simple if you're decent at your job. Multiple betas for a classic game will bring a load of people back and new players and give more info about how the game holds up and actual freaking input about how it runs as well. You should start the beta off with 4 Playlists, Ranked 1-50 Competitive, Ranked 1-50 Team Slayer, Social Warzone (I'll tell you why in a second), and Social Slayer/Skirmish(have that playlist combined as one). 

Now here are the reasons why I chose these 4:
1# Ranked Competitive will bring input of how the game runs competitively. Competitive maps with competitive settings only, with slayer and objective to get the feel of it and bring input from competitors.

2# Team Slayer will be able to just focus on slaying and all weapons available in the beta( all weapons available in the beta, all maps(comp/casual), stock settings(not comp). Probably the most played playlist but it will get a lot of input of how the game runs from a casual pov.

3# Social Warzone will show us if the servers can handle a lot of players in a game at once or it will crash. Will all of us and I know Warzone is popular in Halo 5 so this will be good since they can bring their guests to play as well to see if they want to buy that game.

#4 Social Slayer/Skirmish into one playlist for the same thing as Warzone Playlist but smaller groups for players that don't want to join a huge game and actually play Red vs Blue with GameTypes on Maps.

PGL(just an example) Incorporation:

Incorporate another ranking system like clan wars/clan match playlists for ranks or something, sort of like Halo 2 Clan matches. Also I would suggest they add something like Call of Duty did with Gamebattles integration but for Halo, very nice idea and would help the competitive community grow as all players would have access to that and would see it on there screens when they log in. Some players probably don't know about PGL or MLG, etc but want to try it, just an idea.

Pro/Top Player Leveling/Lesson Service:

Another thing is if you want your game to thrive even more, I think pros would agree to this but they should copy call of duty and add the "pay a pro to level" or "pay top player to level", maybe incorporate lessons into that as well. Gives pros a list of what days they are available to do these services and they pay them a fee, anyone of top tier could get qualified but gives players more of a reason to try to get to the top level to provide these services. This thing happened in Halo 3, I don't know about the other games but I heard it was a good thing to do.

BRING BACK ELITES:

Bring back Elites for multiplayer. Yes, I don't like them, never played as an elite, but I know some casuals liked it and it was a good option to switch up the game slightly.

Armor/Weapon Models/Skins:

Cool & Hard to get Armor/weapon Models/Skins. You should be able to unlock these from achievements, winning, daily competitions, campaign, tournament placings, etc. Make harder to acquire ones like Halo 3 did with Recon and Flaming, otherwise they are meaningless to get.

Trophies/Placement Page:

Trophies/Placement Page on your service record. When you participate in an online HCS funded tournament and you win it or get first rounded, your placement or trophies will be added onto your player card/service record to show your accomplishments to verify who you are. (Issue is that someone could sell the account with a lot of trophies but I'm not sure how that will go, just another suggestion).

T04 Playlist Only:

Make a team only playlist, all 4 members have to be on a HCS team that's linked with each profile, you will only search for actual parties of 4 and will add each win loss to your teams profile as overall wins/losses and will keep track of all stats for each game for players to go back and see the scores, etc. Providing at the end of each month, online tournament/prizes for top teams in that playlist. There is a 1-50 rank, emblem rank, & overall emblem rank xp in this. You will be able to find scrims against other parties of 4 around your level and it will count towards your HCS career. Each team's record will stay permanently on your account or until you pay a fee to wipe it clean.

Theater Mode:

Theater should have casters be able to watch through walls and go above the map and look down on it to show the positioning from above.

Online Shop:

Online Shop for all top organizations to help them get their names more out there and fund them more, Or even for top players too?

Online Tournaments:

Monthly Online Tournaments based off of Team Rankings or Leaderboards, this would be separate from the online tournaments they could host as cheap buy-ins, gives casuals and competitors a reason to play playlists more encouraging them to compete if they grind. Prize $ and Trophies on their service card. Leaderboards would reset every month due to tournaments but you'll have your overall tournament records available in your service record.

Community Favorites:

They should have bi weekly best clips & maps submitted by players for a chance to get special skins/armor or awards, etc. They would be featured in the Top results for view all fileshares or whatever it would be.

FileShare:

Bring it back, just do it.

AUTOS BE GONE!:
Anything automatic should not belong in competitive play, there is no skill based on holding it down and following your target. Usually when you use an auto, you'll trade or just go for the spray/beatdown. Competitive plays are made off of precision weapons and smart plays to win fights, just crouch with an AR and spray and win a fight, when you can easily come back from a BR fight if you strafe properly.

Last words:

I might be just a random nobody but from what I've read, heard, and have seen, something needs to be done. Halo needs to go back to it's roots, remove all the unnecessary things that bring the game down, mainly for the competitive side. I believe most companies are doing it at this point, Call of Duty did it with WW2 & World of Warcraft just announced the same thing for vanilla/classic servers. Their is a REAL reason why things go back to the roots, it's because that's where the game started, that's when it was at it's prime. Halo should just revolve around the features of Halo 2 & 3. I think 343 does a poor job at focusing on multiplayer, they are just fixated on just releasing the game and after that it's on to the next one. It really shouldn't be that hard to fix servers unless you hire a team not suitable to fix it, which again is a bad play by 343 again. I just felt like typing this up because I had some free time and this issue is bothering me even though I don't even play halo or watch any of the tournaments, just hear the bad news on twitter. Feel free to flame, roast, cook, destroy, troll me, or just comment on your thoughts about what you think. If I think of anything else, I will edit it. If there are typos or I repeated myself, then suck it up and keep reading. If you read the whole thing and made it to the end, I appreciate it.

#2   Apoll0

Apoll0

Weekend LAN party? oh wait...

• Premium

• 3,833 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

Decent write up but i have some specific issues with these - 

To4 playlist only:  I don't feel like this is necessary.  The matchmaking system should handle this more elegantly via party restrictions rather than shoehorning in a separate playlist.

Top player leveling service: maybe i am misunderstanding what you are looking for here but this sounds like a terrible idea.  Account leveling for sale in Halo 3 was a real poison.  i would hate for something like that to be actively encouraged and sanctioned.

Ranked Playlist: HCS Playlist, Team Slayer, Team Doubles, Head to Head, Team Skirmish/Objective, Team Snipers, Big Team Battle, and Warzone. - WAY WAY too many ranked lists.  Warzone doesn't need to be ranked.  HCS should be named Team Arena. You only need Team Area, FFA, and 2v2 for ranked playlists.  I will concede that Slayer can be there as well only because its so fucking popular.  It doesn't "Deserve" it imo however. Everything else should be social.

I might have more issues but i read this whole thing like 5 hours ago and am just getting to respond now lol.

#3   XLEK

XLEK

• 55 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:19 PM

Decent write up but i have some specific issues with these - 

To4 playlist only:  I don't feel like this is necessary.  The matchmaking system should handle this more elegantly via party restrictions rather than shoehorning in a separate playlist.

Top player leveling service: maybe i am misunderstanding what you are looking for here but this sounds like a terrible idea.  Account leveling for sale in Halo 3 was a real poison.  i would hate for something like that to be actively encouraged and sanctioned.

Ranked Playlist: HCS Playlist, Team Slayer, Team Doubles, Head to Head, Team Skirmish/Objective, Team Snipers, Big Team Battle, and Warzone. - WAY WAY too many ranked lists.  Warzone doesn't need to be ranked.  HCS should be named Team Arena. You only need Team Area, FFA, and 2v2 for ranked playlists.  I will concede that Slayer can be there as well only because its so fucking popular.  It doesn't "Deserve" it imo however. Everything else should be social.

I might have more issues but i read this whole thing like 5 hours ago and am just getting to respond now lol.

You're right about the To4 playlist, I will removed that from the list and update it to something better. I think if I'm going to search as a party of 4, getting matched against another party of 4 within the same rank category would seem fair but if a party of 4 is searching and they can't find a match right away then the search would open up to parties of 3's and so forth until they find a match but it would start off playing other teams of 4. I'm not sure if they incorporated that into any Halo game, haven't noticed. But I think it's a good idea.

Well, I personally know top players that did like it because it was a way to earn some side change and it gave real casual players/fans a chance to interact with top players. Maybe the leveling service would be a bad idea but CoD incorporated it so I would think it might be a good idea to try a beta version of it for Halo, but maybe at a later time to just focus on content. Just a suggestion.

Ranked Playlists: Warzone was a mistake, that should have said social only. 343 needs to focus on casual and competitive side, that's why there is a lot of ranked playlists just like there was in Halo 2/3. There needs to be ranked for casuals not just competitors. In Halo 2 and 3, Doubles, Team Slayer, Team Skirmish, Head to Head, FFA, Team Snipers, & BtB were all ranked and were all flooded with players and not to mention MLG/Hardcore was thriving as well. Getting to level 50 in all playlists is way more satisfying then getting champion in just a single playlist in Halo 5. I got to champion in doubles within a day of playing Halo 5 and quit, You could probably do the same in Halo 2/3 with no chance of the rank itself resetting but it would take longer to get to level 50 in all playlists then champion. I still stand by pretty much what I said, keep Ranked HCS/Arena Playlist(Only Competitive Maps/Settings), Team Slayer, Doubles, Head to Head, Skirmish, Snipers, BtB, FFA all being casual maps/settings. This would have ALL playlists in one screen, Ranked to entice players to reach max level and get certain skins/armor unlocks/achievements, and would still entice pro players to play these to interact with the community for example. Top Player plays with twitch subs on weekends in Team Slayer to help them rank up and just play with them instead of playing social playlist. Makes players want to grind playlist even more to match top players at the top levels. More Playlists = More content, more variety, more reason to play and rank up. It's all POSITIVE things that would help the community grow. And again, they should add "Clans" back into the game to do clan wars or matches with the search preference of match only clans for first 3 minutes of searching for clan xp to level your clan up for more rewards. Literally all this is pure gold when it comes to making the next game. I would say everything else should be social and agree but if I were a casual that only wants to be good at Team Slayer or Doubles then I would only want Ranked doubles to get to level 50. Usually when players get to max level in one playlist that's not competitive then they usually transition over to another playlist because they already reached max level, and once they try the competitive playlist and again, reach max level, they will usually stay and compete with brings more players to the scene.

If you have anything else, please share. Thanks!