Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fortnite Discussion

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1   pharmassists

pharmassists

*Pharmacist

• Premium

• 2,411 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:55 AM

I've been really enjoying this game(even if it is a pubg rip off). And it's free.

#2   Scarecrow

Scarecrow

• 3,738 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:34 PM

Got my first win in squads last night. Was pretty hype because the entire team survived.

#3   Infinity

Infinity
  • Admin

• 8,522 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

Me and my roommates have three Xbox's set up in our living room to run squads in Fortnite. We've got 7 wins so far, the game is very simple but very fun. Props to Epic Games for the phenomenal support.

#4   eisy22

eisy22

• 292 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

Finally downloaded this the other night and got addicted right away. Filling that Pubg fix until the console release

add eisy22 if ya'll need more in game friends

#5   QuietMan

QuietMan
  • Banned

• 3,008 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

Haven't played this in like.... a fortnight or so. 

#6   EagleBurn

EagleBurn

• 6,325 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

I need vehicles.

#7   Gold

Gold

TR

• Premium

• 2,344 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:06 PM

I was so bloody addicted to this game until ww2 come out. 

#8   Andy

Andy

Dislike Bot

• 2,248 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:00 AM

I was so bloody addicted to this game until ww2 come out. 

I've just got into Battle Royale got my first solo win last night. I don't even get mad when i die first and come 99th lol

#9   Scarecrow

Scarecrow

• 3,738 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:57 PM

Season 1 is ending this week

#10   Gobias

Gobias

• 2,137 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:15 PM

Tried it at a friend’s house. It felt like just another generic military shooter except with no control over my weapons/equipment. Sure, I guess for some people it’s fun to hide in a bush, wait for everyone to kill each other, bait a supply drop, and be the last one standing (I watched my friend do this). But I prefer games that reward you for moving, which is probably why I have about 15 arena FPS games on my computer.

The Battle Royale trend is kind of interesting. All of the stuff that people complain about is intentionally designed into the game: camping in third-person, random weapon drops, unfair/unpredictable battles. And then you just force people together in a ring and hope it works. It’s the opposite of what FPS started out as and yet it’s the biggest and most hype-inducing experience out there. It’s like the lottery... you might not have been into it in the past, but once it blows up you know it’s a big thing and it’s all everyone is talking about.

#11   EagleBurn

EagleBurn

• 6,325 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:45 PM

Tried it at a friend’s house. It felt like just another generic military shooter except with no control over my weapons/equipment. Sure, I guess for some people it’s fun to hide in a bush, wait for everyone to kill each other, bait a supply drop, and be the last one standing (I watched my friend do this). But I prefer games that reward you for moving, which is probably why I have about 15 arena FPS games on my computer.

The Battle Royale trend is kind of interesting. All of the stuff that people complain about is intentionally designed into the game: camping in third-person, random weapon drops, unfair/unpredictable battles. And then you just force people together in a ring and hope it works. It’s the opposite of what FPS started out as and yet it’s the biggest and most hype-inducing experience out there. It’s like the lottery... you might not have been into it in the past, but once it blows up you know it’s a big thing and it’s all everyone is talking about.

You're looking at this in the wrong way. I enjoy highly competitively shooters and I enjoy Fortnite. Not every shooter has to be competitive, some can just be casual fun. I don't know how you can call Fortnite "another military shooter" though? Are you sure you're not talking about PUBG? Fortnite has a TF2 type of vibe than anything.

And Fortnite 100% rewards moving. Yeah, you can sneak around but you won't find anything good that way and won't survive the late game when the last 10 players are loaded with med kits, bandages, potions, and purple/gold weapons. And that's not even including that the people who moved around now have enough building material to pop up a 4-story base in seconds.

And camping in Fortnite is not nearly as bad as it is in PUBG. The way the grass is and how the buildings are layed out in PUBG, camping is pretty much encouraged. The 1st person helps but it's still easy to hide. In Fortnite, players are considerably more noticeable in the environment and the buildings in Fortnite don't have a lot of nooks and crannies like PUBG where players can hide. Rooms in Fortnite are easily noticeable and not hidden away with a janitor closet or something.

#12   Gobias

Gobias

• 2,137 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:05 AM

You're looking at this in the wrong way. I enjoy highly competitively shooters and I enjoy Fortnite. Not every shooter has to be competitive, some can just be casual fun. I don't know how you can call Fortnite "another military shooter" though? Are you sure you're not talking about PUBG? Fortnite has a TF2 type of vibe than anything.

And Fortnite 100% rewards moving. Yeah, you can sneak around but you won't find anything good that way and won't survive the late game when the last 10 players are loaded with med kits, bandages, potions, and purple/gold weapons. And that's not even including that the people who moved around now have enough building material to pop up a 4-story base in seconds.

And camping in Fortnite is not nearly as bad as it is in PUBG. The way the grass is and how the buildings are layed out in PUBG, camping is pretty much encouraged. The 1st person helps but it's still easy to hide. In Fortnite, players are considerably more noticeable in the environment and the buildings in Fortnite don't have a lot of nooks and crannies like PUBG where players can hide. Rooms in Fortnite are easily noticeable and not hidden away with a janitor close or something.

It's probably just me. I can't look at a shooter game any other way. When I say it felt like just another military shooter, I meant how it felt to move and shoot. And obviously that's going to be the case since they want really accessible gameplay, but my first impressions of a game depend a lot on the basics. It's the same reason I knew I didn't like Lawbreakers in the Alpha when most of the characters felt sluggish. I'm sure the it's a fun experience, but even if I consistently got in the top 10 in FFA I don't think it would have much meaning for me. I get more excited thinking about a 2012 iPhone ripoff of Halo/Quake that no one plays anymore, because it felt really good to move around.

Anyway, I made sort of a drive-by elitest post in the first place and probably shouldn't have been a Negative Nancy. From what I've seen, Fortnite looks like a much better-crafted experience than Battlegrounds, although I think first-person would be a great addition. I just have a hard time not being competitive at all times.

#13   Nokt

Nokt

The Lost One

• Premium

• 1,219 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

Endgame can get pretty campy with building and such.

Something that actually bothers me about Fortnite is that there isn't enough of a difference between the tiers of weapons. As long as you have a scar and a sniper regardless of tier you're pretty set either way. Apparently a gold scar has .1 second faster reload time and a small variance over DPS. I just wish there was more because they way the game plays despite the damage difference they feel the exact same. Like slightly tighter spread, faster reloading, or less bullet drop or just something would make looting dead bodies more worth while. At this point if I have the weapons I need, I just scoop up the ammo and move on.

#14   Infinity

Infinity
  • Admin

• 8,522 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

ec7oxus7z8a01.jpg

New Fortnite map update. looks amazing.

#15   Nokt

Nokt

The Lost One

• Premium

• 1,219 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:33 PM

I guess this counts as a new map. I figured they were pretty overdue for one at this point.

#16   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,754 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:55 PM

Looks like the right side of the map will be pretty barren compared to the left.

#17   pharmassists

pharmassists

*Pharmacist

• Premium

• 2,411 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:28 PM

Camping is the wrong way to play fortnite like Eagleburn said. You have to move and loot or you will not win.

#18   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,754 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

I'm wondering if there will be a tipping point for this game and how much they're constantly adding. It began as an extremely focused sandbox and map, overtime that's changed.  Some items like the jump pad are basically an instant reset button where you can land wherever the hell you want without punishment, boogie bombs take control away from the player...needless to say I don't agree with EVERYTHING they're adding.  The new map update looks promising but the level designer in me worries if it might be too much. There's a lot of value to empty space and what it does to the pacing and predictability of a match.  If the entire map was cities (I know it's not going to be) you can imagine how frustrating that would be to locate and punish players in.  I hope the new areas aren't overly dense.

#19   Infinity

Infinity
  • Admin

• 8,522 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:31 AM

I'm wondering if there will be a tipping point for this game and how much they're constantly adding. It began as an extremely focused sandbox and map, overtime that's changed.  Some items like the jump pad are basically an instant reset button where you can land wherever the hell you want without punishment, boogie bombs take control away from the player...needless to say I don't agree with EVERYTHING they're adding.  The new map update looks promising but the level designer in me worries if it might be too much. There's a lot of value to empty space and what it does to the pacing and predictability of a match.  If the entire map was cities (I know it's not going to be) you can imagine how frustrating that would be to locate and punish players in.  I hope the new areas aren't overly dense.

I don't want the actual weapon sandbox to become too cluttered (its starting to get crowded) but I've enjoyed some of the other features/items gameplay-wise.

#20   Nokt

Nokt

The Lost One

• Premium

• 1,219 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:29 PM

I don't want the actual weapon sandbox to become too cluttered (its starting to get crowded) but I've enjoyed some of the other features/items gameplay-wise.

Well half the weapons aren't useful past the first drops of the game.

Either way I'm still wondering when they are going to drop the weapons/aiming update. They said it would beta in December and they haven't said anything about since November.

#21   Infinity

Infinity
  • Admin

• 8,522 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

[Patch V.2.3]

Release Date: January 25

Fortnite-blog-v-2-3-0-patch-notes-FNBR_S

New Item - Chug Jug

• Only found in chests and supply drops
  • Legendary item, max stack: 1
  • Fully replenishes shields and health (200HP)
  • 15 second cast/drink

Tons of additional bug fixes and features. Auto-run also added. Full patch notes.

#22   Nokt

Nokt

The Lost One

• Premium

• 1,219 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:58 PM

Lowered volume of bus music and the sound played when jumping out of the bus.

Removed some layers from the new pickaxe sounds that could be mistaken for bullet whiz-bys

Loot chest audio is no longer hushed by pickaxe impact sounds.

Added AutoRun!

Small QoL stuff, but very happy with the changes.

#23   Serg The Panda

Serg The Panda

• 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:28 PM

I'm wondering if there will be a tipping point for this game and how much they're constantly adding. It began as an extremely focused sandbox and map, overtime that's changed. Some items like the jump pad are basically an instant reset button where you can land wherever the hell you want without punishment, boogie bombs take control away from the player...needless to say I don't agree with EVERYTHING they're adding. The new map update looks promising but the level designer in me worries if it might be too much. There's a lot of value to empty space and what it does to the pacing and predictability of a match. If the entire map was cities (I know it's not going to be) you can imagine how frustrating that would be to locate and punish players in. I hope the new areas aren't overly dense.

#24   Serg The Panda

Serg The Panda

• 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:34 PM

I'm wondering if there will be a tipping point for this game and how much they're constantly adding. It began as an extremely focused sandbox and map, overtime that's changed. Some items like the jump pad are basically an instant reset button where you can land wherever the hell you want without punishment, boogie bombs take control away from the player...needless to say I don't agree with EVERYTHING they're adding. The new map update looks promising but the level designer in me worries if it might be too much. There's a lot of value to empty space and what it does to the pacing and predictability of a match. If the entire map was cities (I know it's not going to be) you can imagine how frustrating that would be to locate and punish players in. I hope the new areas aren't overly dense.

So Obviously you haven't used a jump pad. It's Doesn't let you go where ever the hell you want. Boogie bombs are to help you get an advantage towards opponent cause people like you need help in a 1v. It's only for like 3 seconds anyways not much. And for the new cities they placed them where it's an empty space so that there will be more activity in those select spots.

#25   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,754 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:44 PM

So Obviously you haven't used a jump pad. It's Doesn't let you go where ever the hell you want. Boogie bombs are to help you get an advantage towards opponent cause people like you need help in a 1v. It's only for like 3 seconds anyways not much. And for the new cities they placed them where it's an empty space so that there will be more activity in those select spots.

LMAO. Salty much.  The boogie bomb literally takes control away from someone and leaves them defenseless.  You have no way of playing around that outside of just assuming that every player on the map has one and keeping your distance.  It's ridiculous and poorly designed.

The jump pads are the most powerful piece of equipment in the game, especially late game when there's only a few players left in the match.  You move too fast when gliding to be reasonably shot as well so it's hardly a risk.

And again, I know the purpose of populating the map more, I'm just listing the downsides to expanding it.  There is such thing as too many points of interest.