Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Law Breakers Discussion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1   FrankieFourShot

FrankieFourShot

• 931 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

Discuss everything about Law Breakers here!

#2   QuietMan

QuietMan

0118 999 88199 9119 725 3

• 2,418 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

Some basics: There are 9 roles.  2 characters of each role, so 18 total characters. 

Roles:

• Assassin
  • Battle Medic
  • Enforcer
  • Gunslinger
  • Harrier
  • Juggernaut
  • Titan
  • Vanguard
  • Wrath

Characters:

• Hellion   (Assassin)
  • Kitsune   (Assassin)
  • Tokki   (Battle Medic)
  • Feng   (Battle Medic)
  • Axel   (Enforcer)
  • Kintaro   (Enforcer)
  • Abaddon   (Gunslinger)
  • Faust   (Gunslinger)
  • Sunshine   (Harrier)
  • Baron   (Harrier)
  • Aegis   (Juggernaut)
  • Nash   (Juggernaut)
  • Bomchelle   (Titan)
  • Cronos   (Titan)
  • Maverick   (Vanguard)
  • Toska-9   (Vanguard)
  • Deadlock   (Wraith)
  • Helix   (Wraith)

The game launched with 7 maps (More coming)

• Trench 
  • Grandview 
  • Mammoth
  • Reactor
  • Station 
  • Vertigo
  • Promenade

4 main game modes:

• Blitzball 
  • Uplink 
  • Turf War 
  • Overcharge

#3   amo819

amo819

Scalzo Sucks

• 8,686 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

If this game had REAL Blitzball I would have been more interested, but the beta just wasn't for me. 

I think I might be too much of a PC casual still. 

#4   Infinity

Infinity
  • Staff

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:24 AM

If it comes out on Xbox, I'll give it a go. It has my interest.

#5   QuietMan

QuietMan

0118 999 88199 9119 725 3

• 2,418 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

If it comes out on Xbox, I'll give it a go. It has my interest.

I wonder if it is a timed exclusive. One thing I don't like is the match making is a "grab bag" of the game types.  It's like box of chocolates.  You never know what you are going to get. But once I find a match, I just keep running.

#6   Ramirez77

Ramirez77

• 1,109 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:14 AM

Played the second beta test.  Game wasn't bad but it wasn't stellar either.  I don't have much positive to say about it sadly.  I find myself strongly agreeing with this review.  I think I'll be giving the game a pass ultimately.

Fans of Team Fortress 2 might like it.  Unlike Overwatch, the game feels like a true successor.  Almost every class is purely combat orientated, even the Medics have some bite to them.  There's no MMO trinity nonsense, and like in Team Fortress the classes are basically just combat flavor, moreso than Team Fortress even.  Balance between classes is pretty good, save for a few outliers.

The mechanics are genuinely innovative, but do they actually blend together well?  I'm pretty iffy on it.  Zero-G feels a bit constrained, while the game is generally pretty slow when it's taking place outside of Zero-G.

Their flagship mode Overcharge is utter shit and I haven't played the other new modes.  The problem with Overcharge is there's no incentive to do anything but let the enemy charge the battery for you then steal it when it's almost completely charged, as it's far easier to do that than it is to try and defend the battery for an entire round. It's the typical 343i mentality of trying to reinvent the wheel for no reason and making things worse in the process.  Neutral Assault and Capture the Flag already work fine as is.

It's currently only peaking at 2k players, which is unfortunate.  I think launching Pay2Play was a mistake, the game was already bound to struggle due to the obscurity of arena games combined with the over-saturation of the hero shooter market.