Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Law Breakers Discussion

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1   FrankieFourShot

FrankieFourShot

• 1,006 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

Discuss everything about Law Breakers here!

#2   QuietMan

QuietMan

0118 999 88199 9119 725 3

• 2,598 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

Some basics: There are 9 roles.  2 characters of each role, so 18 total characters. 

Roles:

• Assassin
  • Battle Medic
  • Enforcer
  • Gunslinger
  • Harrier
  • Juggernaut
  • Titan
  • Vanguard
  • Wrath

Characters:

• Hellion   (Assassin)
  • Kitsune   (Assassin)
  • Tokki   (Battle Medic)
  • Feng   (Battle Medic)
  • Axel   (Enforcer)
  • Kintaro   (Enforcer)
  • Abaddon   (Gunslinger)
  • Faust   (Gunslinger)
  • Sunshine   (Harrier)
  • Baron   (Harrier)
  • Aegis   (Juggernaut)
  • Nash   (Juggernaut)
  • Bomchelle   (Titan)
  • Cronos   (Titan)
  • Maverick   (Vanguard)
  • Toska-9   (Vanguard)
  • Deadlock   (Wraith)
  • Helix   (Wraith)

The game launched with 7 maps (More coming)

• Trench 
  • Grandview 
  • Mammoth
  • Reactor
  • Station 
  • Vertigo
  • Promenade

4 main game modes:

• Blitzball 
  • Uplink 
  • Turf War 
  • Overcharge

#3   amo819

amo819

Scalzo Sucks

• 8,704 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

If this game had REAL Blitzball I would have been more interested, but the beta just wasn't for me. 

I think I might be too much of a PC casual still. 

#4   Infinity

Infinity
  • Staff

• 8,171 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:24 AM

If it comes out on Xbox, I'll give it a go. It has my interest.

#5   QuietMan

QuietMan

• 2,598 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

If it comes out on Xbox, I'll give it a go. It has my interest.

I wonder if it is a timed exclusive. One thing I don't like is the match making is a "grab bag" of the game types.  It's like box of chocolates.  You never know what you are going to get. But once I find a match, I just keep running.

#6   Ramirez77

Ramirez77

• 1,171 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:14 AM

Played the second beta test.  Game wasn't bad but it wasn't stellar either.  I don't have much positive to say about it sadly.  I find myself strongly agreeing with this review.  I think I'll be giving the game a pass ultimately.

Fans of Team Fortress 2 might like it.  Unlike Overwatch, the game feels like a true successor.  Almost every class is purely combat orientated, even the Medics have some bite to them.  There's no MMO trinity nonsense, and like in Team Fortress the classes are basically just combat flavor, moreso than Team Fortress even.  Balance between classes is pretty good, save for a few outliers.

The mechanics are genuinely innovative, but do they actually blend together well?  I'm pretty iffy on it.  Zero-G feels a bit constrained, while the game is generally pretty slow when it's taking place outside of Zero-G.

Their flagship mode Overcharge is utter shit and I haven't played the other new modes.  The problem with Overcharge is there's no incentive to do anything but let the enemy charge the battery for you then steal it when it's almost completely charged, as it's far easier to do that than it is to try and defend the battery for an entire round. It's the typical 343i mentality of trying to reinvent the wheel for no reason and making things worse in the process.  Neutral Assault and Capture the Flag already work fine as is.

It's currently only peaking at 2k players, which is unfortunate.  I think launching Pay2Play was a mistake, the game was already bound to struggle due to the obscurity of arena games combined with the over-saturation of the hero shooter market.

#7   QuietMan

QuietMan

• 2,598 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

I've played it a lot more and to describe it shortly, I'd say its a weird cross between Call of Duty and Overwatch. I have a lot of fun every time I play it but I think the population is already waning. Yesterday it took 5 mins to get into one of the matches I played.
Not a good sign. It's a shame. Definitely pretty fun. I almost wonder it would have done better population wise as a free to play game. Although, I do like having all the characters to choose from.

#8   Hitman

Hitman

• 3,243 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:00 AM

I've played it a lot more and to describe it shortly, I'd say its a weird cross between Call of Duty and Overwatch. I have a lot of fun every time I play it but I think the population is already waning. Yesterday it took 5 mins to get into one of the matches I played.
Not a good sign. It's a shame. Definitely pretty fun. I almost wonder it would have done better population wise as a free to play game. Although, I do like having all the characters to choose from.

I dont think "Mid-tier" FPS games with decent size healthy populations can even exist anymore. Look at what happened recently to Toxikk, Warsow, ect.. the graveyard is littered with indie Arena FPS games recently.You either sell your soul to the masses and AAA publishers or you are condemned live in niche Hell with bots and hackers eventually becoming the majority of your player-base.

I have been a long-time support of both UT4 and Lawbreakers from the beginning and both are very fun, creative, and skill-based FPS. This might of been enough to succeed in the infancy days of competitive online MP games when there were real grass-root communities build largely for and partially by the gaming community and smaller new IP's weren't being totally eclipsed by the AAA marketing machine and games were allowed to fail and experiment with new ideas without being labeled a "buggy, unfinished, piece of trash" right away (cough No Mans Sky cough) while the devs are verbally abused on social media to no end for their mistakes and over-reaching their bounds. Can you imagine the reaction if Quake 3A, CS 1.6, or Halo CE/Halo 2(MP) were released today? Those games would of likely been labeled "Buggy, glitchy, unpolished" with steep learning curves unfriendly to new players and never been allowed to develop and garner the long-term core community support they held for many years. Its either hit or miss these days, no in between. Games are not allowed to develop organically with the core community driving much of the growth like the great FPS communities of old.

Today, unless your competitive FPS is launching with a million dollar competitive tournament or is being heavily marketed to the masses the chance of long-term sustained success of that title is slim to none in the FPS landscape as currently constructed. The deck is stacked so heavily against games like Lawbreakers from the beginning its a miracle passionate developers even attempt to develop them in the first place knowing all of the potential financial risks and pitfalls. Its also a referendum on the core gaming audience these days that were so fkn used to the "instant gratification" mind-set and expecting every game to be a master-piece and floor us right out of the gate that we will bash and destroy any game and dev that doesn't meet our unrealistic expectations or calls out AAA gaming on their bullshit. I mean seriously...HOW can these games realistically succeed? It doesn't matter if the marketing aspect and competitive scene isn't invested in heavily from the beginning. There is only the rich and the poor today in the FPS Landscape and that is proof that the system is broken and has been for a long time and im fkn tired of it. Its obviously too early to tell for Lawbreakers but it doesn't look promising but I will continue to play and support it just like I will UT4 and QC because I like to play them and still believe in their vision.

#9   Ramirez77

Ramirez77

• 1,171 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:26 AM

That post is veering off into dangerous territory.  You know you fucked up when you've resorted to defending No Man's Sky.

Developers have no one to blame but themselves when they release games way before they're ready and gamers reject the games because of it.  Blaming the gamers for refusing to slurp up shit or stick around in the blind hope that they don't receive even more shit makes no sense.  I'm not going to stick around in your mediocre game that maybe, just *maybe* might possibly go somewhere someday when there's several other complete and amazing games to choose from instead.

Quake 3, CS, etc. launched as quality games with a full suite of maps and modes.  Sure they would get more content and more polish as time went on, but even the base games were good.  Toxikk meanwhile launched with one mode, one map, and then took several months to add anything else at all.  Why should someone have blind faith that the game will go anywhere when they've been burnt by other early access titles so many times in the past?  I could list several other EA titles that have made little to no progress even after years of public availability,  Unreal Tournament 4 included.

I don't expect perfection right out of the gate, but I do expect the initial showing to at least be halfway decent, and I also expect some indication that they actually care about continuing development.  So, so many EA games fail to provide either.

All that said, I don't think that applies to Lawbreakers.  It actually did launch as a fairly decent package.  Unfortunately it still failed anyways.

#10   QuietMan

QuietMan

• 2,598 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:38 AM

I agree with you @. I also like playing all those games you mentioned. Lawbreakers, QC, and UT4. They are all very fun. It is sad that they don't have more people playing them. I think part of it is the streaming culture. There is no big names streaming these games. Look at PubG. It released in pretty rough shape, but its' streaming culture is thriving and so is the game. Like @ said, it is also getting VERY frequent content updates by a dev that is listening. I think the frequency of post release updates and streaming culture are actually the two most important things to keep players coming back.

#11   Hitman

Hitman

• 3,243 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:42 PM

That post is veering off into dangerous territory.  You know you fucked up when you've resorted to defending No Man's Sky.

Developers have no one to blame but themselves when they release games way before they're ready and gamers reject the games because of it.  Blaming the gamers for refusing to slurp up shit or stick around in the blind hope that they don't receive even more shit makes no sense.  I'm not going to stick around in your mediocre game that maybe, just *maybe* might possibly go somewhere someday when there's several other complete and amazing games to choose from instead.

Quake 3, CS, etc. launched as quality games with a full suite of maps and modes.  Sure they would get more content and more polish as time went on, but even the base games were good.  Toxikk meanwhile launched with one mode, one map, and then took several months to add anything else at all.  Why should someone have blind faith that the game will go anywhere when they've been burnt by other early access titles so many times in the past?  I could list several other EA titles that have made little to no progress even after years of public availability,  Unreal Tournament 4 included.

I don't expect perfection right out of the gate, but I do expect the initial showing to at least be halfway decent, and I also expect some indication that they actually care about continuing development.  So, so many EA games fail to provide either.

All that said, I don't think that applies to Lawbreakers.  It actually did launch as a fairly decent package.  Unfortunately it still failed anyways.

I am not saying Quake 3, and CS 1.5(which later became CS 1.6) were not quality games for their time when they were officially released, but their was known physic glitches,bugs, and recoil issues in CS's case. Quake 3 and CS 1.6 were developed and brought to the heights they were because the community stuck with the game through the BS and the glitches(which the devs for Quake made MAIN staples of the movement system btw imagine that happening today) which later became core aspects of game-play in both of those games. The community developed the majority of the maps, mods, game modes, in Q3's case the competitive mode which was Q3 CPMA. The community made those games what they were because they believed in the core foundation and vision of those games long enough to allow it to develop into the MP power-houses they became. A competitive scene organically developed from that because people wanted to compete against their friends and see who is the best. To say that either of those games launched as finished products is ridiculous. I am pretty sure if you re-released those games how they were in the beginning today they would be called buggy trash and ignored is what im saying.

On the topic of No Man's Sky...I honestly believe they oversold what they were capable of and they payed for it, along with the known technical difficulties the game suffered from at launch. However, I believe they did deliver on their vision and it has gotten somewhat better, to expect a great finished AAA product from a team of a couple indie devs on a super low budget with all of a sudden sky-rocket expectations is pretty silly to me. They way the devs were bashed and the game was completely trashed was sickening. They went for their vision, they took the risks, they did everything gamers should want them to do but because they hit a triple instead of a home-run and marketing over-sold the game their reputation and the game's chance of success is completely ruined.

#12   Dalahi Lama

Dalahi Lama

• 1,171 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:15 AM

kek

#13   Hitman

Hitman

• 3,243 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:00 AM

Love this article, very good points about the pros and cons of the game. https://www.videogam...what-went-wrong

I dont care what anyone says, this is already a better competitive FPS than OW with an infinitely higher skill ceiling and more UT Arena-style combat with anti-grav zones than it is a "Hero FPS" which makes it infinitely better already. I agree that it wasn't marketed enough and didn't really sell a clear identity and sales pitch to consumers which makes it weird when after you play it a bit and realize it has little in common with the current crop of hero fps outside of having distinct playable heros with different play-styles and abilities.

I honestly cant believe this game has 500 concurrent players at peak this soon after launch, this frustrates me to no end like WTF does the game need to be plastered all over IGN and have TV commercials for people to be aware of it now-adays? Are we that lazy and ignorant we wont give any FPS IP a chance yet sit here and bitch about how theres no variety and no new IP's succeeding? What ever happened to just trying new games for the hell of it? Supporting mid-level and growing Indie developers in the FPS industry? Being apart of a small tight-knit core community and enjoying the growth of that process and contributing to a new game's success and direction? Im losing faith by the day guys...

#14   careh

careh

• 2,428 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:00 AM

Love this article, very good points about the pros and cons of the game. https://www.videogam...what-went-wrong

I dont care what anyone says, this is already a better competitive FPS than OW with an infinitely higher skill ceiling and more UT Arena-style combat with anti-grav zones than it is a "Hero FPS" which makes it infinitely better already. I agree that it wasn't marketed enough and didn't really sell a clear identity and sales pitch to consumers which makes it weird when after you play it a bit and realize it has little in common with the current crop of hero fps outside of having distinct playable heros with different play-styles and abilities.

I honestly cant believe this game has 500 concurrent players at peak this soon after launch, this frustrates me to no end like WTF does the game need to be plastered all over IGN and have TV commercials for people to be aware of it now-adays? Are we that lazy and ignorant we wont give any FPS IP a chance yet sit here and bitch about how theres no variety and no new IP's succeeding? What ever happened to just trying new games for the hell of it? Supporting mid-level and growing Indie developers in the FPS industry? Being apart of a small tight-knit core community and enjoying the growth of that process and contributing to a new game's success and direction? Im losing faith by the day guys...

It's bland... I'm interested in arena shooters and competitive FPS but I haven't once thought to buy this game:

• It's got the same cringe fake edginess that Quake Champs tried to go with.
  • The characters don't stand out in any way apart from the odd sword man.
  • The aesthetic is very samey, honestly it wouldn't have been out of place released at the height of the Titanfall / CoD jet pack era.
  • The weapons don't look satisfying to use, lots of slight leading like a poor mans Tribes.
  • The presentation is muddled - lots of on screen effects, shit hud etc.

People today watch games to see if it is something they would like and it fails in every respect trying to sell the gameplay. So far I've only spoken about aesthetic but I mean what exactly about the gameplay is exemplary, unique or even worth saving. To me it looks like another 'dirty bomb', just a mash up of other games that does everything to an average standard and hopes to stand out as an alternative.

#15   ripharambe

ripharambe

• 395 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

It's less of an arena shooter than quake chamions is so I'll pass.

#16   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,479 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

It's sad because the early early lawvreakers gameplay was a lot of more traditional, thought it looked really cool back then

#17   Hitman

Hitman

• 3,243 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:52 AM

It's bland... I'm interested in arena shooters and competitive FPS but I haven't once thought to buy this game:

• It's got the same cringe fake edginess that Quake Champs tried to go with.
  • The characters don't stand out in any way apart from the odd sword man.
  • The aesthetic is very samey, honestly it wouldn't have been out of place released at the height of the Titanfall / CoD jet pack era.
  • The weapons don't look satisfying to use, lots of slight leading like a poor mans Tribes.
  • The presentation is muddled - lots of on screen effects, shit hud etc.

People today watch games to see if it is something they would like and it fails in every respect trying to sell the gameplay. So far I've only spoken about aesthetic but I mean what exactly about the gameplay is exemplary, unique or even worth saving. To me it looks like another 'dirty bomb', just a mash up of other games that does everything to an average standard and hopes to stand out as an alternative.

it's actually a top-seller on PSN. Its' real hurdle is pc: the game is, like most competitive class-based shooters, PC optimized, but the player base is a bit lacking. This is probably not just because of team shooter atrophy, but LawBreaker atrophy: there have been closed betas of this game on PC for almost a year, and even the open beta was several months old. That's why the PC LawBreakers scene is so tough to break into imo: it's 90% hardcores building Wraith and Gunslinger stacks, with an occasional assassin thrown in for good measure.

And in case people who actually have played the game haven't noticed a recurring theme, it's that speed rules the meta-game right now, the best PC players right now play the game like its UTF CTF...extremely fast. The movement/gun skill and creativity I have seen from some of the best Gunslingers transcends anything I have seen in OW(Gunslinger masterrace FTW). Sorry if the kiddies cant handle a game with real speed...go back to shooting galleries and the amazing "gunskill" and cartoonish characters in OW then if your not going to even give it a chance.

I bet if Blizzard made it though, it would be "revolutionary", "innovative", "Incredibly deep", when OW is just a watered down TF2 clone with Blizz lore. Ill give OW an edge in class depth, lore, more memorable hero's, MM functionality,ect...but everything that relates to a good competitive FPS is better in Lawbreakers in my opinion and in terms of a watchable e-sport its not even close for me. It has a long way to go and has many flaws, but like I was saying before its a new game with TONS of potential with a quality developer that has already released plans for updates and communicates with their community regularly on forums, youtube videos, in-game, everywhere what possible reason do you have to not give it a chance? Im having fun so fuck anyone that wants to shoot it down right away and try to kill my fun and ANOTHER new IP and declare it a bad game fwhen its clearly not. You're the problem with gaming nowadays and why we will be forced to play CoD 100 and Modern Military clone 1000 the rest of our short lives while the gaming industry and the rest of us suffer from you're ignorance and the sheer greed of the AAA industry.

#18   Dalahi Lama

Dalahi Lama

• 1,171 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:42 AM

> No waifu to fap to

> No ranked playlist to grind

> Bland customization with a cringey edgy theme

> Unbalanced af

> No anime theme

> They actually thought zero g was a good idea lul

> Charging $30 for a dead genre

> Runs bad on below average rigs

> Consistent frame drops on console

> No marketing

> There's not even content

Sad

#19   careh

careh

• 2,428 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:58 AM

it's actually a top-seller on PSN. Its' real hurdle is pc: the game is, like most competitive class-based shooters, PC optimized, but the player base is a bit lacking. This is probably not just because of team shooter atrophy, but LawBreaker atrophy: there have been closed betas of this game on PC for almost a year, and even the open beta was several months old. That's why the PC LawBreakers scene is so tough to break into imo: it's 90% hardcores building Wraith and Gunslinger stacks, with an occasional assassin thrown in for good measure.

And in case people who actually have played the game haven't noticed a recurring theme, it's that speed rules the meta-game right now, the best PC players right now play the game like its UTF CTF...extremely fast. The movement/gun skill and creativity I have seen from some of the best Gunslingers transcends anything I have seen in OW(Gunslinger masterrace FTW). Sorry if the kiddies cant handle a game with real speed...go back to shooting galleries and the amazing "gunskill" and cartoonish characters in OW then if your not going to even give it a chance.

I bet if Blizzard made it though, it would be "revolutionary", "innovative", "Incredibly deep", when OW is just a watered down TF2 clone with Blizz lore. Ill give OW an edge in class depth, lore, more memorable hero's, MM functionality,ect...but everything that relates to a good competitive FPS is better in Lawbreakers in my opinion and in terms of a watchable e-sport its not even close for me. It has a long way to go and has many flaws, but like I was saying before its a new game with TONS of potential with a quality developer that has already released plans for updates and communicates with their community regularly on forums, youtube videos, in-game, everywhere what possible reason do you have to not give it a chance? Im having fun so fuck anyone that wants to shoot it down right away and try to kill my fun and ANOTHER new IP and declare it a bad game fwhen its clearly not. You're the problem with gaming nowadays and why we will be forced to play CoD 100 and Modern Military clone 1000 the rest of our short lives while the gaming industry and the rest of us suffer from you're ignorance and the sheer greed of the AAA industry.

I think you're kind of typifying the arena shooter elitist that literally can't see 2 feet in front of their face with a post like this.

Do you honestly think kids sit there and think "wow this game looks too fast and skillful for me best steer clear". It is straight up a mess to watch - I've tried looking for gameplay that doesn't look like a complete cluster fuck the entire time and I can't find it. There's a difference between being a fast game and being a complete cluster fuck. Even searching out competitive gameplay such as scrims it looks derpy, like where is the structure. It does nothing to sell the game in that regard, so unless you're already pre-invested purely in the mechanics or the genre of game you're not going to get invested from watching (which is how games are sold and/or pick up momentum now).

Personally I've never bought CoD or any other shitty generic FPS for the sake of popularity. The reason I posted in the first place is because you're trying to blame the gaming community for what is essentially faults of the developer. Games aren't entitled to a population and this one tried to be the edgy jack of all trades, even arena shooter players didn't seem overly interested.

Rather than pretending I'm some fictional ADD gamer try actually showing this games positive qualities. Even Overwatch that is known to be difficult to convey I can link you any event VOD to show proper structure (compositions, engages, baits, combos) or even more importantly just link you to any of the games streamers to show that this translates to a game-to-game level.

#20   Hitman

Hitman

• 3,243 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:49 AM

I think you're kind of typifying the arena shooter elitist that literally can't see 2 feet in front of their face with a post like this.

Do you honestly think kids sit there and think "wow this game looks too fast and skillful for me best steer clear". It is straight up a mess to watch - I've tried looking for gameplay that doesn't look like a complete cluster fuck the entire time and I can't find it. There's a difference between being a fast game and being a complete cluster fuck. Even searching out competitive gameplay such as scrims it looks derpy, like where is the structure. It does nothing to sell the game in that regard, so unless you're already pre-invested purely in the mechanics or the genre of game you're not going to get invested from watching (which is how games are sold and/or pick up momentum now).

Personally I've never bought CoD or any other shitty generic FPS for the sake of popularity. The reason I posted in the first place is because you're trying to blame the gaming community for what is essentially faults of the developer. Games aren't entitled to a population and this one tried to be the edgy jack of all trades, even arena shooter players didn't seem overly interested.

Rather than pretending I'm some fictional ADD gamer try actually showing this games positive qualities. Even Overwatch that is known to be difficult to convey I can link you any event VOD to show proper structure (compositions, engages, baits, combos) or even more importantly just link you to any of the games streamers to show that this translates to a game-to-game level.

Im sorry if it that post came across as directed at you... it wasn't. I was venting frustration with the comments I was reading all week online and the general cancerous and ignorant attitude I see towards any new game(but particularly new MP FPS) that comes out nowadays that isn't from an established developer or franchise. OW is a qualty game, not my personal favorite but I certainly see the appeal of it just like I did with TF2. Lawbreakers is just more my style, Im not really huge on Hero FPS but I really like the core mechanics, small-med size map design, anti-grav mechanics, aerial combat, the unique qualities of some of the heroes and the abilities dont overpower gunskill and smarts which I feel happens in OW sometimes. If OW is League Lawbreakers is more like SMITE to use a MOBA comparison(which I hate doing but it helps convey my point).

Lawbreakers is a  quality FPS first, and focused on the hero aspect secondarily which appeals to me. Obviously the more Arena-style combat appeals to the Quake/UT die-hard that still exists in me. I wish it had more Arena elements actually, but I dont think the general public does which is why I think they tried to strike that balance between the two worlds. Here is some 5v5 scrims of a pretty good competitor player, there is clearly strategy and communication going on here. Boss Key already stated there will be a ranked competitive mode later after launch so they can get more feedback on balances and any bugs and map bugs. They also want the community to decide the map and game modes and what works and doesn't, I hate to say it again but its still early dont look at Pub gameplay(disorganized in every FPS) and declare it a trainwreck imo.

#21   Nokterne

Nokterne

• 940 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

I've been playing this everyday since the free weekend, having a great time. Player count is struggling, but I get good matches quickly during primetime on the US-East server.

I think almost everything about the game is average except for the core mechanics and gameplay, which are incredible. Overwatch feels soooooooo slow after playing this.

#22   QuietMan

QuietMan

• 2,598 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:42 AM

I've been playing this everyday since the free weekend, having a great time. Player count is struggling, but I get good matches quickly during primetime on the US-East server.

I think almost everything about the game is average except for the core mechanics and gameplay, which are incredible. Overwatch feels soooooooo slow after playing this.

It's almost like a CoD'ified Overwatch with less emphasis on Ults. I enjoy playing it but the last few times I've played on PC, I've struggled fining more than one game. Search times are redic. Almost as bad ass MCC launch search times.  :kappa:

#23   Hitman

Hitman

• 3,243 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

It's almost like a CoD'ified Overwatch with less emphasis on Ults. I enjoy playing it but the last few times I've played on PC, I've struggled fining more than one game. Search times are redic. Almost as bad ass MCC launch search times.  :kappa:

This is an overwatch clone? Huh. i didn't realize. i guess i must have overlooked the OW hero who has a machine pistol and an exploding knife. and i'm amazed that i missed the OW hero who has a gatling gun and can fly. You know, it's almost like there are no heroes like that! but that can't be true, because there's no way lawbreakers could be original. After all,OW was the creator of the team class-based shooter! right guys? ...guys? 

Please..calling Lawbreakers an OW clone in any capacity is like calling Dark Souls a Crash Bandicoot clone. Its more akin to UT/Halo(if you play on PS4 because naturally its slower) than OW. Lets see some OW gameplay with REAL FPS SKILL like this. Which class in OW has a ridiculously high skill ceiling like this? I can only imagine how great this game would be if had an actual player-base to realize the gameplay potential that is there. Almost everyone who plays it says the core mechanics are great, maps are decent if not good, gameplay has plenty of depth/skill, basic game modes are solid,MM is fast when there are players searching, ect..what am I missing here?

#24   QuietMan

QuietMan

• 2,598 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:10 PM

This is an overwatch clone? Huh. i didn't realize. i guess i must have overlooked the OW hero who has a machine pistol and an exploding knife. and i'm amazed that i missed the OW hero who has a gatling gun and can fly. You know, it's almost like there are no heroes like that! but that can't be true, because there's no way lawbreakers could be original. After all,OW was the creator of the team class-based shooter! right guys? ...guys? 

Please..calling Lawbreakers an OW clone in any capacity is like calling Dark Souls a Crash Bandicoot clone. Its more akin to UT/Halo than OW. Lets see some OW gameplay with REAL FPS SKILL like this.

Not calling it an OW 'clone' at all. I just see some major inspirations. But the shooting mechanics feels very CoD-like at the same time.

So my description of it being a 'CoDified OW' is based on it sharing the look and feel of both games in certain aspects.

To deny there are some glaring overlapping design artifacts with OW is silly. E and Q abilities... Healers, Tanks, DPS, Support...
The emphasis and necessity working together as a team is just less required with LawBreaker because of the emphasis on individual gun skill and short TTK in comparison.

#25   Hitman

Hitman

• 3,243 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

Not calling it an OW 'clone' at all. I just see some major inspirations. But the shooting mechanics feels very CoD-like at the same time.

So my description of it being a 'CoDified OW' is based on it sharing the look and feel of both games in certain aspects.

To deny there are some glaring overlapping design artifacts with OW is silly. E and Q abilities... Healers, Tanks, DPS, Support...
The emphasis and necessity working together as a team is just less required with LawBreaker because of the emphasis on individual gun skill and short TTK in comparison.

Besides the generic soldier dude how are the shooting mechanics CoD-like? Its just like your throwing out random popular games to compare it to. is every game "like CoD or OW" these days? That is all I hear when a new shooter comes out it SMH....it makes the shooter fanbase sound like a bunch of childish morons incapable of original thought TBH. Thanks god I have D:OS 2 to take my mind of this nonsense. At least RPG fans dont just label every new RPG a "Baldurs Gate" or "Elder Scrolls" clone and ignore it because it has a few similarities and its not from a known AAA dev. Or on the other hand call a game like Dark souls "ancient"(like every Arena FPS is labeled) and ignore it because its not the "trendy" design of the open-world RPG's nowadays and there is actually some level of difficulty involved in mastering the mechanics.

Does any gameplay of Lawbreakers look anything like OW? Not really... besides the class-based aspect and abilities which OW did not invent. Was Boss Key trying to get the OW fanbase to play Lawbreakers? Yes...but I think that was a mistake too they should of put more emphasis on what makes Lawbreakers ITS OWN ORIGINAL GAME not just another hero FPS. That would of been my tag-line "Not just another Hero FPS" they clearly did not do a good job selling the unique qualities of the game.