Man, it's really unfortunate 343 won't hire people who say negative things about them, because they really need to hire a UX/UI designer who will look at their menu and heartily laugh in their faces before cracking his knuckles and fixing all of the little things like
- Pressing up at the top of a menu doesn't go to the bottom of the menu (Except in Custom Game creation, but not in map/gametype selection within Custom Game creation)
- Selling excess REQs can only be done one at a time, you cannot mark them for bulk sale.
- Deleting Bookmarks can only be done one at a time, and there is a limit of 500 (I think) bookmarks you can store in-client at any given time.
- In order to Delete a Bookmark, you have to press Left Thumbstick, Up, and A. And if you do this too fast after the previous bookmark is deleted, it will not delete the second one.
- A Deleted Bookmark is not removed from your list of Bookmarks upon deletion -- the list is generated once per time you enter the menu after about a minute of loading.
- You can then continue to "Delete" the already Deleted Bookmark, and it will tell you Delete Successful! -- even though you already deleted that bookmark.
- These are just the ones I deal with in my limited time playing Halo. I'm sure someone that actually plays the game can make a longer list.
[*] Backing out of a multiplayer sub-menu to the main screen first brings up a loading screen, which is super annoying when you back out on accident.
[*] Sometimes the map or mode you select in custom games isn't actually selected, though it shows it is. Once you start, it'll be a different map/mode.
[*] Often when you finish a custom game it resets to Stasis for map. (WHY STASIS DAMMIT AT LEAST BE THE FIRST MAP ALPHABETICALLY)
[*] Lobbies while searching MM can be super temperamental. You could be leader of the lobby actively searching for a game but have this weird menu screen that might show that your lobby is searching but give you no option to back out.
[*] I've seen the "max player" count for custom lobbies violated way too many times.
[*] Sometimes a member of your fireteam will be kicked from the loading MM lobby with no indication (it'll show them still in your lobby), but they would've been replaced by a random player in the match.