Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds and Discussion‏

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10557 replies to this topic

#7426   SacUsa

SacUsa

• 433 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:37 AM

<p>

Man, it's really unfortunate 343 won't hire people who say negative things about them, because they really need to hire a UX/UI designer who will look at their menu and heartily laugh in their faces before cracking his knuckles and fixing all of the little things like

• Pressing up at the top of a menu doesn't go to the bottom of the menu (Except in Custom Game creation, but not in map/gametype selection within Custom Game creation)
  • Selling excess REQs can only be done one at a time, you cannot mark them for bulk sale.
  • Deleting Bookmarks can only be done one at a time, and there is a limit of 500 (I think) bookmarks you can store in-client at any given time.
  • In order to Delete a Bookmark, you have to press Left Thumbstick, Up, and A. And if you do this too fast after the previous bookmark is deleted, it will not delete the second one.
  • A Deleted Bookmark is not removed from your list of Bookmarks upon deletion -- the list is generated once per time you enter the menu after about a minute of loading.
  • You can then continue to "Delete" the already Deleted Bookmark, and it will tell you Delete Successful! -- even though you already deleted that bookmark.
  • These are just the ones I deal with in my limited time playing Halo. I'm sure someone that actually plays the game can make a longer list.

Add that:
[*] Backing out of a multiplayer sub-menu to the main screen first brings up a loading screen, which is super annoying when you back out on accident.
[*] Sometimes the map or mode you select in custom games isn't actually selected, though it shows it is. Once you start, it'll be a different map/mode.
[*] Often when you finish a custom game it resets to Stasis for map. (WHY STASIS DAMMIT AT LEAST BE THE FIRST MAP ALPHABETICALLY)
[*] Lobbies while searching MM can be super temperamental. You could be leader of the lobby actively searching for a game but have this weird menu screen that might show that your lobby is searching but give you no option to back out.
[*] I've seen the "max player" count for custom lobbies violated way too many times.
[*] Sometimes a member of your fireteam will be kicked from the loading MM lobby with no indication (it'll show them still in your lobby), but they would've been replaced by a random player in the match.

#7427   Moses_FPS

Moses_FPS

💡 🅸🅽🆃🅴🅻

• Premium

• 9,966 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:37 AM

I really like a lot of the ESL halo people, I hope we continue to see Elam casting halo, he's great.

#7428   Sandman

Sandman

Photographer

• Premium

• 596 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

I really like a lot of the ESL halo people, I hope we continue to see Elam casting halo, he's great.

I like him as a caster as well. Overall cool guy. Plus when Str8 played Cratos team at Worlds, Elamite was leading the hype squad on the str8 rippin side In the crowd lol Was awesome to see. 

#7429   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 18,250 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

Hilariously, someone created a Chrome extension that allowed you to bulk sell as many different REQs as you wanted of any weapon, vehicle, power up, or custom filtered option.

It was removed from the Chrome extension page because of a complaint from (I'm guessing) MS or 343 because it had the word "Halo" in the name.  It was actually a beautifully built extension that fit the exact design style of the Waypoint site.  Sadly, the individual who developed it never re-uploaded with a new extension name.

TL:DR; A community member built a solution to solve a problem that everyone has complained about since day 1 - solution is removed because petty big company.

Edit: Also should add, if you already were using the extension and still have it in Chrome, you can keep using it.  If you delete it, you won't be able to get it back.

This isn't giving the full story. They removed it due to the name, sure but the creator was free to upload it again, he even posted on reddit saying he was going to, he was just busy with life.

#7430   MarkyVersace

MarkyVersace

Imagine Talib

• Premium

• 6,129 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:53 AM

That MultiLockOn story happens the same day 343 releases DLC for HW2 that Season Pass owners don't get because its a different season pass now.

Lololol

#7431   ATP

ATP

404 Industries: Talent not Found

• Premium

• 2,829 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

343 are incompetent devs and the list of problems with Halo 5 is too long. Reach had a better a UI than 4 and 5. 

#7432   Apoll0

Apoll0

Weekend LAN party? oh wait...

• Premium

• 3,737 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:44 AM

That MultiLockOn story happens the same day 343 releases DLC for HW2 that Season Pass owners don't get because its a different season pass now.

Lololol

LOL what?

Season pass has historically always meant "all DLC released for this game during its lifetime"

And yeah, the UI (or UX if your hip) is sorely lacking.  Why do i even have to back out to the main menu to change from ranked/social/warzone?

The "sometimes i'm going to reload when you switch menu's and sometimes i'm not" is annoying.  Selling and opening reqs is annoying.  it takes FOREVER.

AND the big one, for some reason whenever i try to create a custom game i can NEVER find the KotH or Oddball options in the default gametypes.  Not sure how such a simple UI glitch has gone this long without getting corrected....

343 are incompetent devs and the list of problems with Halo 5 is too long. Reach had a better a UI than 4 and 5.

I don't think its a technical skill issue as much as its a time management issue.  I remember watching "The Sprint" and they made a comment about "dont worry about the UI, we leave that for last".   

Where i work (yeah i know its not game development but i fail to see how this particular concept wouldn't transfer) the UI is an iterative part of the whole process.  it kind of has to be so that it becomes a part of the testing process early and you can identify shit that doesn't work and still have time to improve it.

#7433   SacUsa

SacUsa

• 433 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

LOL what?

Season pass has historically always meant "all DLC released for this game during its lifetime"

And yeah, the UI (or UX if your hip) is sorely lacking. Why do i even have to back out to the main menu to change from ranked/social/warzone?

The "sometimes i'm going to reload when you switch menu's and sometimes i'm not" is annoying. Selling and opening reqs is annoying. it takes FOREVER.

AND the big one, for some reason whenever i try to create a custom game i can NEVER find the KotH or Oddball options in the default gametypes. Not sure how such a simple UI glitch has gone this long without getting corrected....

Pro-tip on switching multiplayer modes: use the left and right bumpers instead of backing out. You can switch between arena, custom games, and warzone instantly.

#7434   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 2,644 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

LOL what?

And yeah, the UI (or UX if your hip) is sorely lacking.  Why do i even have to back out to the main menu to change from ranked/social/warzone?

The "sometimes i'm going to reload when you switch menu's and sometimes i'm not" is annoying.  Selling and opening reqs is annoying.  it takes FOREVER.

AND the big one, for some reason whenever i try to create a custom game i can NEVER find the KotH or Oddball options in the default gametypes.  Not sure how such a simple UI glitch has gone this long without getting corrected....

Idk how it happens either really I don't think a new UI should even be allowed until they can fully explain how the new UI is objectively better than what was used in H3/Reach. Lets be real for a second on the loading screens they have two different circular loading symbols in the same corner that play one after another. They obviously have no attention for detail whatsoever.

#7435   El Vortex

El Vortex

[Insert Title Here]

• Premium

• 3,190 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:52 AM

Hilariously, someone created a Chrome extension that allowed you to bulk sell as many different REQs as you wanted of any weapon, vehicle, power up, or custom filtered option.

It was removed from the Chrome extension page because of a complaint from (I'm guessing) MS or 343 because it had the word "Halo" in the name.  It was actually a beautifully built extension that fit the exact design style of the Waypoint site.  Sadly, the individual who developed it never re-uploaded with a new extension name.

TL:DR; A community member built a solution to solve a problem that everyone has complained about since day 1 - solution is removed because petty big company.

Edit: Also should add, if you already were using the extension and still have it in Chrome, you can keep using it.  If you delete it, you won't be able to get it back.

Same thing happens in Destiny too, but unlike 343i, Bungie said ' Go ahead ' and I don't see myself playing Destiny without DIM. It seems that 343i has plenty of learning to do still, which is sad cuz they have been classified as an ' AAA ' studio for over 5 years already.

The Multi situation is just sad, disgusting and ridiculous. Disagreement over things sparks discussion, and discussion is a GOOD THING. Unfortunately they just took the high road and kept their circle-jerk alive and well.

#7436   Apoll0

Apoll0

• Premium

• 3,737 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:56 AM

Pro-tip on switching multiplayer modes: use the left and right bumpers instead of backing out. You can switch between arena, custom games, and warzone instantly.

What.... is this communicated in the interface somewhere and im just a straight moron?  How have i played 3k+ games and not figured that out.....

#7437   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,513 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:57 AM

POPULAR

I woke up to 4 emails from different AAA studios with offers. This is so bizarre.

#7438   ADDonke

ADDonke

• 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:58 AM

What.... is this communicated in the interface somewhere and im just a straight moron?  How have i played 3k+ games and not figured that out.....

I don't think it is was ever explained. I stumbled across it myself.

#7439   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 18,250 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

Pretty sure it's on the bottom of the screen? 

It did get added in an update (and was broken for a while after said update), so might explain why you haven't heard of it.

#7440   SacUsa

SacUsa

• 433 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

POPULAR

I woke up to 4 emails from different AAA studios with offers. This is so bizarre.

Huh, I guess there is a reason you're called MultiLockOn...

#7441   careh

careh

• 2,474 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

Go do Overwatch if they offered :> Game needs more good maps.

#7442   Apoll0

Apoll0

• Premium

• 3,737 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:13 PM

Pretty sure it's on the bottom of the screen? 

It did get added in an update (and was broken for a while after said update), so might explain why you haven't heard of it.

Lol must be.  I'm sure i was on autopilot by then.

Huh, I guess there is a reason you're called MultiLockOn...

OHHH bad dad joke.  2/10. I still like it.

Have some +rep :simms:

#7443   jamaican117

jamaican117

Beyond Writer

• Premium

• 2,316 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:15 PM

Ayeeee

Glad to see not all is lost!

#7444   CharlesSharkley

CharlesSharkley

--frequent crier-- frequent bagger--

• 1,557 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:15 PM

I want to try out the Halo 3 Classic playlist, but that would involve installing Halo 5 as well as playing Halo 5

#7445   Infinity

Infinity
  • Staff

• 8,223 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

POPULAR

ROFL

SQUAAD

#7446   FrankTheShow

FrankTheShow
  • Premium

• 2,205 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

POPULAR

No one at 343 Industries deserves their jobs, and congratulations.

#7447   ripharambe

ripharambe

• 425 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:25 PM

This GG fox dude apparently had a raging hate boner for multi.

#7448   Larry Sizemore

Larry Sizemore

• 1,812 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

There is no level of incompetence that won't be tolerated at a place like 343 Industries, as long as you look good and "professional" while there and always have a chirpy, ditzy smile on your face.

#7449   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 2,644 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

Congrats now go work for a real AAA studio and help build games that are actually good rather than soulless trashcans. Take everything you wanted Halo to be and create it elsewhere

#7450   arglactable

arglactable

• 1,663 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:35 PM

I want to try out the Halo 3 Classic playlist, but that would involve installing Halo 5 as well as playing Halo 5

It's god-awful. Don't waste your energy even considering it.