Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds and Discussion‏

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10557 replies to this topic

#7401   Mr Grim

Mr Grim

a nugget of blubber

• 5,465 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:01 AM

343 have shown their cards. They've announced to the community that if you make even an obviously hyperbolic statement on purpose towards them in a negative way, than they don't want you working on halo. They only want sycophants. Ball-less yes men. They refuse to place talent above blind allegiance. They're not grown up enough to say "listen you've said some insulting things about us in the past. Serious or not, keep it to yourself, we want a stable work environment." They want stooges rather than developers who care. Devs who care enough that they're willing to work for a company they may even dislike because it means working on their favorite series. They've proven beyond a shadow of a fucking doubt that they do not want that.

#7402   Favyn

Favyn

• 102 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:07 AM

POPULAR

Hey Multi,

I heard about all that stuff that went down and I just gotta say I'm devastated for you man. Honestly if someone were to ask me " Name one community member that you think 343 desperately needs to hire" you would have been the first name I brought up. 

We all have things we wish we never said and I understand that for someone actively seeking employment in the industry...you need to be careful. But I still find the decision to revoke your offer incredibly drastic and I'm very upset that the studio would take such a measure for such an insignificant clearly hyperbolic comment.

However, I think you're handling this in the best possible way. It shows your TRUE character that when faced with this level of adversity, rather than lash out, insult people, point fingers.... you instead come at it with humbleness, understanding, and professionalism. I only hope that 343 sees that as the REAL person they were going to hire. A guy that's probably one of the most creative and thoughtful map designers I've ever seen. 

All I can say man is don't give up. Take this, learn from it, and keep trying because they need you over there. There's always a way, and I hope 343 is willing to at least talk about this with you and come to an understanding because as it stands now it's a lose lose for both parties. I really hope they reconsider the offer, but no matter what goes down in the imminent future I have no doubt you'll wind up incredibly successful in the end. 

-Fav

#7403   The Tyco

The Tyco

• 474 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:12 AM

@Favyn

This shit reminds me of that horsecrap that happened to your thread a while back. I'm really feeling the hate right now.

#7404   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,510 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:18 AM

Hey Multi,

I heard about all that stuff that went down and I just gotta say I'm devastated for you man. Honestly if someone were to ask me " Name one community member that you think 343 desperately needs to hire" you would have been the first name I brought up.

We all have things we wish we never said and I understand that for someone actively seeking employment in the industry...you need to be careful. But I still find the decision to revoke your offer incredibly drastic and I'm very upset that the studio would take such a measure for such an insignificant clearly hyperbolic comment.

However, I think you're handling this in the best possible way. It shows your TRUE character that when faced with this level of adversity, rather than lash out, insult people, point fingers.... you instead come at it with humbleness, understanding, and professionalism. I only hope that 343 sees that as the REAL person they were going to hire. A guy that's probably one of the most creative and thoughtful map designers I've ever seen.

All I can say man is don't give up. Take this, learn from it, and keep trying because they need you over there. There's always a way, and I hope 343 is willing to at least talk about this with you and come to an understanding because as it stands now it's a lose lose for both parties. I really hope they reconsider the offer, but no matter what goes down in the imminent future I have no doubt you'll wind up incredibly successful in the end.

-Fav

All love

#7405   Tattered

Tattered

HOVSE

• 529 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:18 AM

Multi,

wow, what a bummer to read. i'm sorry you had to get burned the way you did.

if it's of any solace, just know that 343 is the reason many casuals like myself have left the game for good, and won't return no matter how juicy the nostalgia may surface; they are destined for total failure because, to put it simply, they were never halokids. They had never experienced the soul of Halo, so when it was exchanged for easier profits by way of accessibility, no one noticed what was lost.

sucks to visit after so long just to see that nothing has changed.

don't give up on your dreams no matter what.

i wish you the very best.

#7406   Hipstertle

Hipstertle

Simms Gif Enthusiast

• Premium

• 920 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:35 AM

Jesus Christ... What is with this company dude.

MuuOSMZ.gif

#7407   GunRanger

GunRanger

• 4,285 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:30 AM

Can someone buy the rights to shadowrun so we can move on already?

#7408   Hemlax

Hemlax

• 975 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:50 AM

I thought they hired ppl who hated Halo so hiring ppl who hate 343 should be alright.

#7409   znot

znot

• 315 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:45 AM

Here's my two cents on the matter.

343 was wrong to not do a thorough background search with this guy in the community. Offering the job and then snatching the opportunity away really sucks.

However, I can understand why they're going back on it. His comments and videos in the past were pretty toxic to both 343 ("none of them deserve their jobs" - incredibly ignorant) and the CCs. Behavior like that can be read as signs of hot-headedness, difficulty working with people that he doesn't like, immaturity and especially a big PR risk.

I'm not a game developer, but it makes sense to me for a company to turn someone away if they seem like they wouldn't be able to work as a team with your employees and could potentially make your company look bad with behavior. 

Yeah except your real life persona is hopefully not the same as your ONLINE persona.

#7410   Moses_FPS

Moses_FPS

💡 🅸🅽🆃🅴🅻

• Premium

• 9,962 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:52 AM

Wow I really have a lot of work ahead of me, but I also don't want to stock shelves for the rest of my life....

#7411   EuropaHalo

EuropaHalo

• 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

POPULAR

Late to the conversation but felt I had to make a Team Beyond account to show my support to Multi and share my own view.

I think yes Multi was wrong to publicly criticise 343i however 343i don't need any more bad PR regardless of whether this was to shine a negative light on them or not. In my opinion 343i need to produce a very high quality game in Halo 6 to revive the Halo series to it's former glory. Do I think Multi would have helped contribute to making Halo 6 a better game? Yes I do. 

343i have disappointed the community before with MCC and failing to listen to the feedback entirely from the community so I think they needed a passionate highly skilled member like Multi to give the community a little more faith in them. I think hiring Multi would have been too great of a benefit to the company and would have outweighed any negative issues from his previous comments and that they have made a mistake this time around. 

Multi has conducted himself very professionally since this news broke so you deserve credit for that, glad to see it hasn't deterred you entirely from your passion for the Halo series also. I hope we hear the full story from both sides soon.

#7412   ATP

ATP

404 Industries: Talent not Found

• Premium

• 2,828 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

343 only wants to hire people that hate Halo. 

#7413   Basu

Basu

• 1,860 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:53 AM

Multi has conducted himself very professionally since this news broke so you deserve credit for that, glad to see it hasn't deterred you entirely from your passion for the Halo series also. I hope we hear the full story from both sides soon.

343 will just sweep this under the rug like MCC. They have no obligation to talk about this and it's literally the little man vs a huge evil corporation.

#7414   legendaryshotz

legendaryshotz

da blackhawks

• 9,120 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:19 AM

lol have fun editing that profile pic

Damn it, and I just finished editing the Rajon Rondo part a few days ago lol.

#7415   Craneteam

Craneteam
  • Premium

• 3,736 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:41 AM

If anyone is still interested, the final night of Pro League is tonight

yeMXs00.png

Please give Halo to Gfinity or MLG after this

#7416   Goat

Goat

• 1,684 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:51 AM

I'll just jump on the tail end of this discussion with my 2 cents.

It is awkward being reminded that forums, no matter how small, are public platforms, and the rants that were posted while sitting in lobbies with friends are now subject to scrutiny with fine toothed combs. I regret many of the comments I have made, and this serves as a greater lesson to those who take it as such. Fortunately, it also is a great reminder that video games are just games until you make it more than that. Halo in particular is a series many of us grew up with, and are thus impassioned deeply about. That doesn't justify every expression about it - or anything else - but it highlights the fact that a wider lens and broader perspective will help to filter those colorful rays. 

This is a rather somber moment - for both Halo and the community. For me, it has been another reason to rethink my priorities - chiefly (no pun intended) removing the microscope from my view of this world. But for those whose true passion remains there, I hope that what they want to become is worth leaving behind who they currently are. 

Anyway, that's all I will say publicly. 

#7417   Chong

Chong

• 672 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

If anyone is still interested, the final night of Pro League is tonight

yeMXs00.png

Please give Halo to Gfinity or MLG after this

I hope this is the death of ESL for Halo. ESL should just stick to CSGO in my opinion, That's where all of their money goes anyways. 

#7418   TiberiusAudley

TiberiusAudley

• 5,422 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:08 AM

POPULAR

Man, it's really unfortunate 343 won't hire people who say negative things about them, because they really need to hire a UX/UI designer who will look at their menu and heartily laugh in their faces before cracking his knuckles and fixing all of the little things like

• Pressing up at the top of a menu doesn't go to the bottom of the menu (Except in Custom Game creation, but not in map/gametype selection within Custom Game creation)
  • Selling excess REQs can only be done one at a time, you cannot mark them for bulk sale.
  • Deleting Bookmarks can only be done one at a time, and there is a limit of 500 (I think) bookmarks you can store in-client at any given time.
  • In order to Delete a Bookmark, you have to press Left Thumbstick, Up, and A.  And if you do this too fast after the previous bookmark is deleted, it will not delete the second one.
  • A Deleted Bookmark is not removed from your list of Bookmarks upon deletion -- the list is generated once per time you enter the menu after about a minute of loading.
  • You can then continue to "Delete" the already Deleted Bookmark, and it will tell you Delete Successful! -- even though you already deleted that bookmark.
  • These are just the ones I deal with in my limited time playing Halo.  I'm sure someone that actually plays the game can make a longer list.

#7419   HiddenXperia

HiddenXperia

• 184 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

I hope this is the death of ESL for Halo. ESL should just stick to CSGO in my opinion, That's where all of their money goes anyways. 

I might be missing something, but why would this mean the end of ESL and Halo's partnership? Is it just because it's the end of the season?

#7420   Knighty Knight

Knighty Knight

• 6,548 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

So glad my halo2forum handle was a random, 06 was an edgy fucking year.

This was literally my exact thought. No one will know I was Dr Dude 9  :kappa:

A top forger would've been an amazing addition. I'm ready for some fresh maps. This really sucks.

#7421   Chong

Chong

• 672 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:20 AM

I might be missing something, but why would this mean the end of ESL and Halo's partnership? Is it just because it's the end of the season?

There is no relegation this season, which leads to speculation that pro league is going to be dropped and 343 is going to go with a different TO (Hopefully MLG). Plus i'm pretty sure ESL and 343's contract expires after denver too. 

#7422   FrankieFourShot

FrankieFourShot

• 1,065 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:23 AM

Selling excess REQs can only be done one at a time, you cannot mark them for bulk sale.

Hilariously, someone created a Chrome extension that allowed you to bulk sell as many different REQs as you wanted of any weapon, vehicle, power up, or custom filtered option.

It was removed from the Chrome extension page because of a complaint from (I'm guessing) MS or 343 because it had the word "Halo" in the name.  It was actually a beautifully built extension that fit the exact design style of the Waypoint site.  Sadly, the individual who developed it never re-uploaded with a new extension name.

TL:DR; A community member built a solution to solve a problem that everyone has complained about since day 1 - solution is removed because petty big company.

Edit: Also should add, if you already were using the extension and still have it in Chrome, you can keep using it.  If you delete it, you won't be able to get it back.

#7423   HiddenXperia

HiddenXperia

• 184 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

There is no relegation this season, which leads to speculation that pro league is going to be dropped and 343 is going to go with a different TO (Hopefully MLG). Plus i'm pretty sure ESL and 343's contract expires after denver too. 

Oh damn, that's... intriguing. I guess we'll see after Denver, I'd assume they'll announce it after the finals, if anything is happening after, that is.

#7424   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 2,640 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

Hilariously, someone created a Chrome extension that allowed you to bulk sell as many different REQs as you wanted of any weapon, vehicle, power up, or custom filtered option.

It was removed from the Chrome extension page because of a complaint from (I'm guessing) MS or 343 because it had the word "Halo" in the name.  It was actually a beautifully built extension that fit the exact design style of the Waypoint site.  Sadly, the individual who developed it never re-uploaded with a new extension name.

TL:DR; A community member built a solution to solve a problem that everyone has complained about since day 1 - solution is removed because petty big company.

Edit: Also should add, if you already were using the extension and still have it in Chrome, you can keep using it.  If you delete it, you won't be able to get it back.

Yeah I still have that and it works perfectly although I'm pretty sure it just spammed deleting 1 at a time rather than an actual bulk sale. Functionally the same if you'll give it a few seconds but 343 isn't really known for problem solving. Also hilarious to note that Destiny has many such apps and extensions and they're fully supported and very helpful. Its too bad Halo is stuck with what it has

#7425   Sandman

Sandman

Photographer

• Premium

• 596 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:33 AM

Oh damn, that's... intriguing. I guess we'll see after Denver, I'd assume they'll announce it after the finals, if anything is happening after, that is.

Hopefully. It would a really dumb decision to not announce anything for after finals. No one even knows If they should invest any more time into halo esports. I am sure there will be something though since Tashi has said he is excited for the future. So maybe MLG plans idk Only time will tell...but lets hope we get information.