Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds and Discussion‏

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10557 replies to this topic

#7226   ATP

ATP

404 Industries: Talent not Found

• Premium

• 2,828 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

This was evident for a long time -- 343 are full of themselves and think they do no wrong. Their games are shit and their products are shit. That's what happens when people's talents are thrown away for yes-men. 

#7227   Meek Meek Meek

Meek Meek Meek

• 234 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

343 are so fucking sensitive - no wonder their products are shit. 

"You're just entitled!"

#7228   Moses_FPS

Moses_FPS

💡 🅸🅽🆃🅴🅻

• Premium

• 9,962 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

POPULAR

Wow.. looks like I gotta delete some stuff

#7229   Batchford

Batchford

Dropped Legend

• 4,848 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

POPULAR

Currently astounded.

I wish you the best @MultiLockOn.

#7230   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 2,640 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

snip

Good luck in the future and fuck 343. Its one thing to decline to hire someone but to bait them into the situation you put yourself into and then decide you don't actually want to hire them? That's just scummy. They actually just put someone into a very poor life situation because their feelings were hurt over being called on their bullshit. You shouldn't be concerned with your previous tone at all and if anything what just happened drives the point home that they probably deserved it and more. Its also unfortunate that someone around the community is human trash

#7231   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 18,246 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:35 PM

In fact you won to the extent so that I already quit my prior job, sold my place in California, placed a $2500 payment on an apartment in Bellevue Washington (among other expenses), and began transporting my belongings up there.  Only to find out from the agency I was working under that my offer was withdrawn.  Which puts me in a tricky position where I am both unemployed (no Treyarch or 343) and scrambling to find some place to live - as I had briefly moved my belongings to my parents during this weird transition phase. So life has definitely thrown me a curve ball here.

Dude - this fucking sucks.

#7232   MarkyVersace

MarkyVersace

Imagine Talib

• Premium

• 6,129 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

POPULAR

So happy a company in a heavy consumer dependent market can't take criticism inside or outside of their offices

#7233   OG Nick

OG Nick

Aspiring Game Designer

• 1,282 posts

@MultiLockOn

Sorry this happened bud. I know you're a passionate guy who speaks his mind, and that's valuable. Sorry people suck, and good luck.

#7234   Basu

Basu

• 1,860 posts

POPULAR

Let me get this straight:

• 343 is too incompetent to do a thorough background check before hiring someone and telling them to move across the country for the job
  • They are so sensitive and driven by their own overinflated ego that they would rather miss out on one of the best level designers in the industry than hire someone who doesn't suck the 343 cock
  • Hiring people that hate Halo is okay, but hiring people that hate 343 is a sin

Fuck this company dude. This sounds cliché, but they didn't deserve you anways if that's how they're going to act. Their products suck and they can't even take the slightest amount of criticism, they are just destined to fail. Just be glad you didn't work for the company that is actively destroying your favorite franchise. Once 343 is done, you can work for the next Halo dev that hopefully isn't this stupid.

@MultiLockOn I hope it all works out for you man, hang in there. I hope id/Respawn/CA or any other dev hires you and actually appreciates your talent. You stood up for the right cause and they would rather get offended than finally release a map that doesn't blow tons of dicks.

343i, you fucking suck. Not only as developers, but as people. You offended tons of people by scamming them with the MCC and the REQ system, but one mean comment on a forum is enough for you to get triggered so hard that you have to screw over a guy that was motivated to work for you despite all the shit you've pulled this far.

#7235   RyanW

RyanW

• 5,641 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:42 PM

Taking “watch what you say online” a bit extreme right there. I didn’t agree with you on things but that fucking sucks. Hopefully you find some work soon

#7236   CKS on3

CKS on3

• 152 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

-Snip-

I hear actual good companies, like Blizzard, and Cure-gaming, are hiring designers

Should look at them, maybe you can design zones for WoW!

#7237   Banamy

Banamy

• 903 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

Im in disbelief.

#7238   Jazzy

Jazzy

no step on snek

• Premium

• 472 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

-

Sorry to hear this man, this is a really shitty situation.  There's always work out there for driven people though so keep it up.

#7239   Apoll0

Apoll0

Weekend LAN party? oh wait...

• Premium

• 3,734 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:46 PM

TIL today: Internet Persona = IRL persona

#7240   CKS on3

CKS on3

• 152 posts

POPULAR

Not going to lie, after hearing about this shit with Multilock, i might never buy another Halo made by 343 again, they wonder why their product fucking sucks, heres the reason.

#7241   Saucey

Saucey
  • Admin

• 7,504 posts

POPULAR

Wow.. looks like I gotta delete some stuff

Self RIP. 

#7242   Violenc3

Violenc3

• 531 posts

Probably should take some things off of your resume, add Jimmy John’s delievery driver and put that your highest level of education is a GED, and then reapply under a different name (bonus points if you have some halo lore in the name.) I mean look at Tashi? They clearly like to hire unqualified people. All in all you probably dodged a bullet. 343 is a dumpster fire of a company. Good luck, and I hope you are able to find employement quickly.

#7243   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 2,640 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

Its crazy to me that anyone in the same industry with people like Jeff Kaplan would turn away workers that had/have passionate rants about games on online forums. The guy posted stuff like https://www.reddit.c...om_his_eq_days/ and then went on to become  game director/designer for WoW and lead design on Overwatch. Its just a huge red flag that they actually give a shit.

#7244   CKS on3

CKS on3

• 152 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

Good luck in the future and fuck 343. Its one thing to decline to hire someone but to bait them into the situation you put yourself into and then decide you don't actually want to hire them? That's just scummy. They actually just put someone into a very poor life situation because their feelings were hurt over being called on their bullshit. You shouldn't be concerned with your previous tone at all and if anything what just happened drives the point home that they probably deserved it and more. Its also unfortunate that someone around the community is human trash

Not only that, there might be a legal case here. 343 didn't do its due diligence before hiring him, and then rescinded his offer after he had already moved out there.

#7245   Rusty

Rusty

• 79 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:51 PM

Well I have no reason to own an Xbox in the future, knowing that h6 is going to be much worse than I thought it would be. I hope Multi and Tom French find a good place to work outside of that garbage company, and I'm glad that Ghost found a place out of there.

Didnt this company hire people who didnt like Halo, and wanted to revise and make their own vision? That was ok for them when they made Halo 4. Now, when a critic of their Halo comes in with genuinely good ideas for the next game in the franchise, he's left with a cold shoulder. What a pathetic hypocritical developer. Never touching another new entry in the Halo Franchise again..

Edit. Holy shit I need to control myself. Its a terrible thing to be stuck in the moment with all these emotions rolling in

#7246   pr0gress

pr0gress
  • Premium

• 62 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:52 PM

-

This really got to me man. I wish you the best and hope 343 realizes how petty they are being.

#7247   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,510 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:55 PM

POPULAR

Quinn had nothing to do with the hiring process and has only been kind to me.

I don't blame 343, seriously. I just wish I had shown more self control in the past. They did what they were supposed to do. The money isn't an issue, things will work out on that end in some way. I'm mostly just disappointed with myself.

#7248   Apoll0

Apoll0

Weekend LAN party? oh wait...

• Premium

• 3,734 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:56 PM

Its crazy to me that anyone in the same industry with people like Jeff Kaplan would turn away workers that had/have passionate rants about games on online forums. The guy posted stuff like https://www.reddit.c...om_his_eq_days/ and then went on to become  game director/designer for WoW and lead design on Overwatch.

Perfect example of how you should take everything people say on the internet with a little salt.  If they seem pissed, tone it down in your head because if you were having that conversation in real life it would be more civil guaranteed.  not to mention unless you turn your post into a cartoon with emoji use, tone is impossible to tell with written text.

Even then, if you use an emoji like this one  :intensifies: nobody is still going to know what the fuck your tone is trying to say.

#7249   Frostbite XV2

Frostbite XV2

Beyond Writer

• Premium

• 2,594 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:56 PM

POPULAR

I've never even met @MultiLockOn and I'm here staring at my screen in disbelief and sputtering anger.

343i just wants mindless, incompetent drones as employees it seems.

Guess Halo is dead after all.

#7250   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 18,246 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

POPULAR

I went through my browsing history and found this post - https://np.reddit.co...ockon_recently/

iRI9kvl.png

Imagine being this sad.