Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Proof that Halo 5 copies other shooters with Spartan Abilities.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1   Wpns Grade

Wpns Grade

• 18 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

POPULAR

Made this video 2 weeks ago. Ryan Darcy, the Systems Design Manager of Halo 5, reveals that sprint was only added to Halo because every other shooter has it too.

Spartan charge was literally stolen from Destiny, and he admits it.

Halo 5 had boost jump (Double jump) like other popular shooters (advanced warfare, blops 3 titanfal ) but was removed at the last minute. It worked exactly like other shooters.

I'm baffled that this is even true. Very disappointed that 343 look to outside influences when making Halo game. They should be using OG Halo as the influence instead.

#2   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 18,111 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:03 PM

Halo 5 had boost jump (Double jump) like other popular shooters (advanced warfare, blops 3 titanfal ) but was removed at the last minute. 

I'm pretty sure this isn't true. If I remember the talk Ryan gave, double jump was removed pretty early on because the developers had already mapped out their levels without double jump in mind, meaning it would have broken a lot of encounters, levels, etc in campaign and MP.

#3   Wpns Grade

Wpns Grade

• 18 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

Watch the video for yourself. It's true. He says "nothing special here, you've seen this in other shooters before" in regards to the boost jump mechanic. Yes, you are right in that it was removed because it didn't fit with the maps or Sandbox. But the fact is that it was going to be in the game. It shows that 343 really do look at other shooters in terms of mechanics, and gameplay design. In the video there's footage of the double jump mechanics in action. Works exactly like advanced warfares boost jump.

#4   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 18,111 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

He says "nothing special here, you've seen this in other shooters before" in regards to the boost jump mechanic. Yes, you are right in that it was removed because it didn't fit with the maps or Sandbox. 

Right, that's what I said, it wasn't removed last minute then.

#5   Apoll0

Apoll0

Weekend LAN party? oh wait...

• Premium

• 3,368 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

I'm pretty sure this isn't true. If I remember the talk Ryan gave, double jump was removed pretty early on because the developers had already mapped out their levels without double jump in mind, meaning it would have broken a lot of encounters, levels, etc in campaign and MP.

Yeah it was canned fairly early in favor of clamber.  I think Josh even said something about that when he would post here.  Still a major problem that they were even considering it though.

Lets not gloss over something that @Neighbor has mentioned before and that's that the pro team had to FIGHT to get descope added back to the game.  Like christ, he mentions that in the video too. The argument over bringing back descope was almost as contentious as sprint.  That's ludicrous.  The conversation for descope should have taken 6 seconds:

"So, we're bringing back de-scope right guys?"

"Yeah, totally."

"K. cool. good talk"

I can at least understand why the sprint conversation would be contentious (still a major bumblefuck mistake to include it though).  But descope? DESCOPE??!!

I'm sure the conversation around removing flinch was just as contentious.

#6   Wpns Grade

Wpns Grade

• 18 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

Right, that's what I said, it wasn't removed last minute then.

I misunderstood your reply. My apologies.

#7   ripharambe

ripharambe

• 392 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

This remains the best video ever done on this topic
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=HJ8S2CwuJ50
Sweet, concise,and uses factual evidence.

#8   Oriiii

Oriiii

• 877 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

And they wonder why their games fail.

#9   Basu

Basu

• 1,679 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

This remains the best video ever done on this topic
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=HJ8S2CwuJ50
Sweet, concise,and uses factual evidence.

Lol at the cringe description of the #immersion the spartan abilities bring. I remember when this ViDoc came out, it made me lose all faith in the future of Halo. But we didn't need H5 at this point in time because MCC was right around the corner. :(  Feels.