Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NEW Halo 5 Button Combo - Dubshot/Quadshot

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#76   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,114 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:39 AM

Okay yeah seeing how easily and quickly people mastered this has changed my mind lol way more exploitable than Double shot.

#77   Botheredhat360

Botheredhat360

• 707 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:34 AM

The fact that people are arguing for this to stay as-is is idiotic. You can use it endlessly. With the prevalence of macro and modded controllers and xims this would spiral into a messy train of endless bullshit. There is no control on this like there was with RRX and BXR (forced reload).

Ideally i would like to see 343 "fix" this in a similar way. Single use then a forced reload. Forced YY to control the pace.

Yeah, button glitches back then were balanced enough.

But if you very skillful, you could mid clip BXR (RRBX) and quad shot.

Even then, you could XSV (Dub shot and then BXR)

#78   Mint Blitz

Mint Blitz

• 125 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

This couldnt be legit 
http://xboxdvr.com/g...o/31327427#t=19

#79   ABearInTheWoods

ABearInTheWoods

Where did Bravo go?

• Premium

• 2,512 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

man the legend lives? Bear still has the best halo 2 montage out there

lol my man! its been years! How the hell are you?

#80   ABearInTheWoods

ABearInTheWoods

Where did Bravo go?

• Premium

• 2,512 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

I'll buy an xb1 and h5 if this stays.

still not worth it. 

#81   automatousbeing

automatousbeing

• 157 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

https://www.halowayp...9c30c87f7/posts

Patch incoming following the heavy-aim patch, and ruling making the button combo illegal in HCS play

Me preparing for the rest of this thread:

giphy.gif

#82   Hitman

Hitman

• 3,210 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:36 PM

https://www.halowayp...9c30c87f7/posts

Patch incoming following the heavy-aim patch, and ruling making the button combo illegal in HCS play

Me preparing for the rest of this thread:

giphy.gif

Just another reason why 343 should just hand back control to MLG. No player feedback asked for, no polls taken, nothing just a straight up ban when they haven't even been allowed to be tested in top-level play yet. MLG would of at least asked for feedback and tested it out. Not that I think they are skillful and its without a doubt too easy to exploit, but its the principal of the matter that annoys me. Halo wont be free until 343 lets it free or if H6 is multi-platform on PC and fully modifiable. Same with RS I feel and Ubisoft, remake RS3 on PC and watch the real RS community/tactical FPS fan-base flock to it and revive the clan/comp scene to new heights. True organic growth and longevity comes from the community being able to shape the game and when evolution(whether through user mods, dev updates, discovering new glitches/strats) is ALLOWED to take place. PC is the present and future im sorry AAA console MP games are just cash grabs nowadays only thing people play is cod and Minecraft.

#83   Botheredhat360

Botheredhat360

• 707 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

Just another reason why 343 should just hand back control to MLG. No player feedback asked for, no polls taken, nothing just a straight up ban when they haven't even been allowed to be tested in top-level play yet. MLG would of at least asked for feedback and tested it out. Not that I think they are skillful and its without a doubt too easy to exploit, but its the principal of the matter that annoys me. Halo wont be free until 343 lets it free or if H6 is multi-platform on PC and fully modifiable. Same with RS I feel and Ubisoft, remake RS3 on PC and watch the real RS community/tactical FPS fan-base flock to it and revive the clan/comp scene to new heights. True organic growth and longevity comes from the community being able to shape the game and when evolution(whether through user mods, dev updates, discovering new glitches/strats) is ALLOWED to take place. PC is the present and future im sorry AAA console MP games are just cash grabs nowadays only thing people play is cod and Minecraft.

Yo can you tell me why RS3 was so good, I've been hearing loads of praise over it recently, and I've only been playing RSV2, (best tactical shooter imo) but what's so good about RS3?

#84   arglactable

arglactable

• 1,275 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:12 AM

Yo can you tell me why RS3 was so good, I've been hearing loads of praise over it recently, and I've only been playing RSV2, (best tactical shooter imo) but what's so good about RS3?

Just buy it for PC. The game is hardcore as fuck and has an insane amount of depth. The Vegas games are fun, but pale in comparison.

#85   Botheredhat360

Botheredhat360

• 707 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

Just buy it for PC. The game is hardcore as fuck and has an insane amount of depth. The Vegas games are fun, but pale in comparison.

where do you play the game, wasn't it an OG xbox game?

#86   arglactable

arglactable

• 1,275 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

where do you play the game, wasn't it an OG xbox game?

Rainbow Six 3 Gold is ten dollars on Steam and includes all of the expansions. It was on the OG Xbox, but I'm pretty sure they consolized it (made it dumber).

#87   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 4,616 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:01 PM

Rainbow Six 3 Gold is ten dollars on Steam and includes all of the expansions. It was on the OG Xbox, but I'm pretty sure they consolized it (made it dumber).

Which 3 was it on PC? Was it rouge spear that was ported onto a console?

rainbow six 3 on console had very little magnetism and I believe no auto aim at all, so your crosshairs would never drag. I'm sure they made changes and the PC version is superior, but that and black arrow were insanely good/hard fps.

The original Xbox actually had a ton of great fps games :/

#88   arglactable

arglactable

• 1,275 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:28 PM

Which 3 was it on PC? Was it rouge spear that was ported onto a console?

rainbow six 3 on console had very little magnetism and I believe no auto aim at all, so your crosshairs would never drag. I'm sure they made changes and the PC version is superior, but that and black arrow were insanely good/hard fps.

The original Xbox actually had a ton of great fps games :/

According to the wiki, they removed the planning phase (huge loss, tbh), you could only play as one character, and you could take more damage before going down. Also had a completely different plot, apparently.

#89   Hitman

Hitman

• 3,210 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:04 AM

Go into the RS3: Raven Shield servers(yes an insanely small but dedicated play-base STILL plays it) and mention RS:Vegas and good in the same sentence and you will get insta-kicked from the servers no joke or at least thats how it used to be when there was a huge divide in the fan-base between old and new. Which is why I see disturbing parallels between it and Halo, once that divide exists there is no healing it. RS series is still near and dear to my heart, my first clan experience/real competitive FPS experience was on Rogue Spear for PC back in the day in a clan called "BulletZ" with 10+other people. Im pretty sure we were a top-level clan in the game at one point which wasn't easy back in its prime clans in RS were taken dead serious. That game was ahead of its time in many ways, the level of customization, strategy with the pre-planning phase ect, robust clan functionality, weapon variety, and the sheer amount of great maps that were created by users in the first three RS games was amazing. MC-15 gun-fights with three round burst turned on and side-strafing that was real skill. Sad, nothing like that exists nowadays Ubisoft used to be loved by competitive FPS players believe it or not until they got rid of their good talent and now they are hot garbage. Classic RS players have been wanting a remake of RS3 and the real RS series for years, its really the only thing that could get me to play the series again imo and I know im not the only one who feels that way.

#90   Mint Blitz

Mint Blitz

• 125 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:18 AM

One week till patch.

#91   Botheredhat360

Botheredhat360

• 707 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:00 AM

mention RS:Vegas and good in the same sentence and you will get insta-kicked

WTF, that's hilarious lol.

What happens if I mention siege? Just the word siege, do I get DDoS'd and have my IP leaked?

#92   Hitman

Hitman

• 3,210 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:09 PM

WTF, that's hilarious lol.

What happens if I mention siege? Just the word siege, do I get DDoS'd and have my IP leaked?

Siege is actually a step in the right direction, its in alot of ways stylistically and mechanically(but not really) closer to the classic RS games. My friend described it as quote,"RS:S is like if RS3 had a cool CoD mod" LOL but you have to give them credit for at least trying. RS:S no doubt tries to harken back to classic tactical FPS gameplay. But the problem is its not classic enough(nor deep enough) for classic/hardcore tactical FPS fans and not CoD enough for modern FPS fans. Thus, its stuck in that no-mans land hell where nobody really knows how to describe it, "Its sort of like classic RS...but with micro-transactions, ADS, regen health, rifles with no recoil, super-closed quarter maps,destructible environments,ect... hmmm on second thought not really." Ummm... yea nobody wants that game Ubisoft thats why you have failed now for the better part of the last decade. Thus the problem with spin-offs. RSV is also considered a spin-off series by many. Its just a case of the series being dumbed down so much on every level from the original series and the mechanics/community being so different that most realize the only way a real hardcore tactical RS game will return is a remake of the original series. It'd be like trying to go back to HCE-style gameplay from H4/H5, its simply not possible that ship has long sailed. 

#93   ripharambe

ripharambe

• 218 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:32 PM

." Ummm... yea nobody wants that game Ubisoft thats why you have failed now for the better part of the last decade.

But rs6 is very successful as far as player retention #s.....

#94   Botheredhat360

Botheredhat360

• 707 posts

Posted Today, 04:24 AM

Yeah, it's beating a lot of games on xbox live and PSN.

#95   Hitman

Hitman

• 3,210 posts

Posted Today, 11:50 AM

Im speaking to the fact that Ubisoft has butchered all of the previous successful Tom Clancy franchises.Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, whens the last time Ubisoft has put out a successful MP game? Even RSV had a way bigger following than RS:S does now, even though RS:S is the better RS game. The Division seems to not be doing very well either. All of those once great tactical FPS franchises have been dumbed down greatly and trended downward the last half-decade or more.