Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Beach LAN 6 + $5,000 Halo CE Tournament: 8/12-8/19 Powered by Weedmaps

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 4,803 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

POPULAR

We are just one week out from our annual Beach LAN event. Beach LAN 6 features a $5,000 Halo CE 2v2 Tournament. This is the largest prize pool that a Halo CE 2v2 tournament has ever seen.

imXMjgo.png

The Beach LAN: http://www.beach-lan.com / Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/beachlan

Tournament Updates:

$5,000 Double Elimination Bracket: http://challonge.com/s3flf7gr

Teams for bracket play:

1. Nistic + McDick
  2. Legend + Patch
  3. Poon + Jownz
  4. Zefy + Finny
  5. Trix + Sin
  6. Words + Bobby Blitz
  7. Prime + Doughboy
  8. Bonesaw + Fight

Scores by POOL

Pool A :
Legend + Patch = 19-1
Trix + Sin = 15-5
Devliman + BRB = 11-9
Wonder + Anomaly = 3-17
Simplify + Cat = 2-18

Pool B:
McDick + Nistic = 20-0
Bonesaw + Fight - 12-8
Teapot + Gazzo = 3-12
C2 + Chips = 6-9
DynoMike + Kush = 4-16

Pool C:
Jownz + Poonmaster = 18-2
Words + Bobby = 15-5
HB + Meg = 6-14
Stuntman + Hurley = 0-20
Hugo + The B0 = 12-8

Pool D:
Prime + Doughboy = 20-5.
Zef + Finny = 20-5
Levi + N3ac3y = 9-11
Spud + Dr. Ew = 13-12
O4 + Psylence = 8-12
KnightyKnight + John The Hero = 0-20

The Beach LAN is an annual week long LAN and Tournament that takes place right outside Tampa, Florida in a couple of Beach Front Rentals. This is the 6th year for the Beach LAN and a major deal of props has to go to @McDick for creating and establishing this LAN as one of the best possible to attend. Beach LANs consist of roughly 50 of the worlds best Halo CE players all under one roof playing competitive 2v2's, Halo CE's premier competitive mode.

We're thankful that we can share our event on THE competitive halo, @Beyond Entertainment. It's nice to be able to post about competitive Halo CE and have people appreciate it. 

$5,000 Tournament : August 16th-August 17th.

We are expecting for it to take place Wednesday August 16th-Thursday August 17th. Cody Dragon from Weedmaps has offered up a $5,000 budget for our event. McDick has invested heavily into his streaming set up. $1,000 of that is being used for getting all the proper streaming equipment. We have received about $1,000 in prize money donations from others which brings our total up to $5,000.

Rules / Format : TBD

We had a pretty good system going last year but it did take a long time. FFA's took up a good portion of the day but then Pool play took up even more. Bracket play takes about a full day. Theres talk about trying to use placings/seeds from previous Beach LAN's for pool seeding purposes rather than use the FFA.

Donations:

However, we will still be accepting any donations from the community. We were lucky enough to have the support from many backers for last year, and honestly raised more money than I expected. To donate, you can send the money to McDick's paypal. His account is [email protected]

Current donation prize pool : $950

Contributors:

1. @McDick - $550 (343/UMG paid $450 for equipment/staff for Halo CE stations at the H5 Daytona event. McDick is donating that payment to the prize pool. 
  2. @Silos911 - $300
  3. @Teapot - $100

The caliber of players this year is pretty high, and I'm sure many more skilled players will sign up. I don't think much will change in terms of format and I personally liked having FFA's seed to pool play which led to the double elimination brackets. I don't think the rules will change much either, but it should be interesting to see the downrush debate this year.

Pool Play: 

"Pools: #Rank - Player (Individual Rank)"

• Pool A: #1 Legend (1) + Patch (2) | #8 Trix (15) + Sin (20) | #9 Devilman (16) + BRB (22) | #16 (Simplifyyy (Unranked) + Cat (Unranked) | Wonder (U) + Anomaly (Unranked) | #22 Wonder (Unranked) + Anomaly (Unranked)
  • Pool B: #2 McDick (3) + Nistic (#4) | #7 Bonesaw (12) + Fight (13) | #10 Gazzo (19) + Teapot (40) | #15- Dynomike (Unranked) + Kush (Unranked) | #18 - C2 (Unranked) + Chips (Unranked
  • Pool C: #3 Jownz (7) + Poonmaster (8) | #6 Words (10) + Bobby Blitz (Unranked) | #11 HalasterBlack (25)  + Meg (Unranked) | #14 Stuntman (U) + Hurley (U) | #19 Hug0 (U) + The b0 (24)
  • Pool D: #4 Prime (6) + Doughboy (9) | #5 Zefy (11) + Finny (15) | #12 Levi (Unranked) + N3ac3y (Unranked) | #13 Spud (23) + Dr. Ew (Unranked) | #20 04 (29) + Psylence (Unranked) | KnightyKnight (Unranked) + JohnTheHero (Unranked)

To cut time it seems like Pool Play is not seeding into a full double elimination bracket, but the top two teams from each pool will advance for a championship bracket. If anything changes I'll be sure to know.

List of attendees: 

Spoiler

Beach LAN 5 2v2 Grand Finals - 

Beach LAN 5.5 Invitational - 

Last Years Placings: Top 8 for 2v2

Spoiler

Equipment : We will be using Original Xbox's and a mixture of Samsung and Panasonic CRTV's. The consoles have been modded to include Neutral Host Edition. I consider this to be similar to Melee's "Project M" in a sense. The community had modded the game to make it more competitive for LAN environments. For those not aware, even on LAN Halo CE has a very noticeable host advantage. Some very serious work has been done to make a third box the "neutral host" and allow both players to connect to essentially creating a dedicated sever. This cuts tournament series down in half by not having to replay the series by switching on/off host. This is a huge deal and an enormous thanks goes out to all who had contributed! You can find out all of the changes on their website which includes stuff like a talking in game timer as well as removing certain noise cues that the players sitting across you could hear!   

Neutral Host Edition V7 Change Log:

Build #: 01.10.12.2296

Spoiler

Previous Beta v6 Updates
Build #: 01.10.12.2295

Spoiler

Please donate to this project. This has become the literal standard for competitive Halo CE. These guys have done absolutely incredible work making changes deemed impossible without the source code.  http://www.halo1final.com/

#2   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 4,803 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

POPULAR

Any questions, comments, or concerns, please post and let me know. We'd love to have feedback and suggestions to improve off of last year!

Some areas in which we can improve from last year from what I remember are:

• webcam on stream station, webcam on casters.
  • switching stream layout to not have 4 POVs at all times
  • better relay of information of things happening at the event. I hope to improve that A LOT
  • start the tournament earlier and attempt to keep tournament structure on time
  • promote it beyond competitive halo niche, hope to have the H5 pros host us again. If anyone remembers, please let me know which ones had hosted. I believe @, @, @, @ had hosted the Beach LAN Channel. That support was very helpful.

#3   Ultimatedong

Ultimatedong

• 789 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

<p>

Any questions, comments, or concerns, please post and let me know. We'd love to have feedback and suggestions to improve off of last year!

Some areas in which we can improve from last year from what I remember are:

• webcam on stream station, webcam on casters.
  • switching stream layout to not have 4 POVs at all times
  • better relay of information of things happening at the event. I hope to improve that A LOT
  • start the tournament earlier and attempt to keep tournament structure on time
  • promote it beyond competitive halo niche, hope to have the H5 pros host us again. If anyone remembers, please let me know which ones had hosted. I believe @, @, @, @ had hosted the Beach LAN Channel. That support was very helpful.
Awesome stuff, cant wait to watch again this time round.

Currently in the process of getting some gear together to set up a CE LAN in the UK. Will not be before next year at the earliest as money is tight.

#4   Knighty Knight

Knighty Knight

• 6,391 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:51 PM

best thing ever. i still watch rebroadcasts

#5   Scuzzy

Scuzzy

• 171 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

Wicked hyped about this already. Love me some high-level CE gameplay.

#6   BlackShadow

BlackShadow

• 427 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:34 PM

Get Hyped!

#7   QuietMan

QuietMan

0118 999 88199 9119 725 3

• 2,418 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

Wish I could go and get destroyed. Can't wait to watch the stream.  

When can I expect to get my MCC AR skins for McDick and Legend? 

#8   Clicked

Clicked
  • Admin

• 892 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

There better be a Fusion Frenzy demo tournament or I'll be mildly upset.

#9   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 3,608 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:15 PM

POPULAR

Casting this last year was an unbelievable experience. I can't freakin wait to do it again.

#10   ripharambe

ripharambe

• 367 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

Hyped for some ce gameplay.

#11   OG Nick

OG Nick

Aspiring Game Designer

• 1,105 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

Won't be able to swing this one sadly. School is $$$. Can't wait to watch, and listen to the best casting.

#12   almightyshade

almightyshade

• 44 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:04 AM

Can't wait to see this! Wish I could have attended. I should be available for BL7!

#13   Ultimatedong

Ultimatedong

• 789 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:44 AM

There better be a Fusion Frenzy demo tournament or I'll be mildly upset.

Fusion fucking frenzy! I could play twisted system all day!

#14   HiipFire

HiipFire

• 56 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:55 AM

Awesome stuff, cant wait to watch again this time round.

Currently in the process of getting some gear together to set up a CE LAN in the UK. Will not be before next year at the earliest as money is tight.

would attend

#15   Ultimatedong

Ultimatedong

• 789 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:15 AM

would attend

Cool man, ill be posting as widely as possible once im closer to getting it set up.  The only real certainty atm is that it will likely be somewhere in Edinburgh (as thats where i live lol)

#16   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 4,803 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

We will be opening up the prize pool to donations like last year. I was pretty shocked to see the support from the community and we raised more than I expected honestly. Big thanks to everyone who donated, I will go back to the old thread and list those names.

I just donated $100. You can donate to McDick's paypal at [email protected]

If you do chose to donate, whether it's $1 or $1,000,000 let me know and I'll add you to the donations page!

#17   McDick

McDick

• 25 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

Thanks again to @ for posting these announcements every year.  We have a lot of plans to improve Beach LAN this year, with more details to come as we get closer to the event.  Much of that is possible thanks to the support of Weedmaps, whose sponsorship allows us to take our passion to new levels.

I am also donating $100 to the prize pool.  I will get with Legend soon to publish the tourney schedule and rules.  Though the cowards won the argument last year, you should expect this year's tourney to be quite Downrush-heavy.  Next year, Hot Box will be the feature map. 

#18   Silos911

Silos911

Resident Speed Runner

• Premium

• 707 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:56 PM

Always an exciting time of year when Beach LAN rolls around, can't wait to watch.

#19   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 4,803 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:04 AM

Prize pool has been updated, added last years bracket to this thread and tried to just clean it up in general here. I'd imagine some people wouldn't mind playing some sort of mini twisted system tournament for fusion frenzy, but people would have to be willing to leave a station open for a while. I know that at some smash events, they do side tournaments or crazy stuff, like blindfolded matches. These are often like side crowd funded goals but we still have a good amount of time to figure things out.

Fun Fact! N3ac3y is attending, and for those who haven't heard of him, if you search his name into google you'll find he was the first person to reach max level in Destiny.

Hopefully with each coming Beach LAN we get a new McDick nade compilation... HOPEFULLY.

edit: could use some more feedback from last year btw.

#20   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 3,608 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

Thanks again to @Teapot for posting these announcements every year. We have a lot of plans to improve Beach LAN this year, with more details to come as we get closer to the event. Much of that is possible thanks to the support of Weedmaps, whose sponsorship allows us to take our passion to new levels.

I am also donating $100 to the prize pool. I will get with Legend soon to publish the tourney schedule and rules. Though the cowards won the argument last year, you should expect this year's tourney to be quite Downrush-heavy. Next year, Hot Box will be the feature map.

I'm really excited to hear new maps making it into the rotation. I've been pushing for it ever since I played them, and I'm pumped to see them starting to be accepted.

The new Hot Box is a massive improvement over the one I played in 2012, and it's definitely worthy of a spot. I'd still like to see Imminent get more love. It's appearance is off-putting to a lot of people, but it's gameplay is really unique and fun.

#21   Devaneaux

Devaneaux

• 933 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

Might ride out to tampa to hang with Teapot and Hard Way if I can make a roadtrip out of it with the gf. Most I can do is lend my support since I can't practice with how MCC is. 

Tampa isn't too far from Miami and I've never been.

Also Zach could use color commentary to hype up the stream. :glasses:

#22   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 3,608 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:24 PM

Might ride out to tampa to hang with Teapot and Hard Way if I can make a roadtrip out of it with the gf. Most I can do is lend my support since I can't practice with how MCC is. 

Tampa isn't too far from Miami and I've never been.

Also Zach could use color commentary to hype up the stream. :glasses:

Let's goooooooooooooo!!

#23   McDick

McDick

• 25 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:20 PM

Microsoft/343/UMG have asked us to provide equipment for the upcoming Halo 5 tournament in Daytona (May 12-14).  They want to have a Halo 1 free-play area with two stations.  They are essentially renting equipment from us.  I will be donating the money to the BL6 prize pool.  It should be about $450.  I will be there with Legend, Meg, Prime, Jownz, and Teapot.  We can't stream, but will be capping both stations. 

#24   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 3,608 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:28 PM

Microsoft/343/UMG have asked us to provide equipment for the upcoming Halo 5 tournament in Daytona (May 12-14).  They want to have a Halo 1 free-play area with two stations.  They are essentially renting equipment from us.  I will be donating the money to the BL6 prize pool.  It should be about $450.  I will be there with Legend, Meg, Prime, Jownz, and Teapot.  We can't stream, but will be capping both stations. 

It's still pretty badass. Try to be loud and draw a crowd. Wish I could be there.

Also, sad news everyone, but as of right now, I will not be able to attend/cast BL6. I have a class that the Army is making me attend in August that will conflict with the LAN. Sorry guys.

#25   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,113 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:38 PM

Also, sad news everyone, but as of right now, I will not be able to attend/cast BL6. I have a class that the Army is making me attend in August that will conflict with the LAN. Sorry guys.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................  :tear: