Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Head of Xbox Says Halo 5 Multiplayer is One of the Best in the Series

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#26   Jake Teh Nub

Jake Teh Nub

• 1,730 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:48 PM

POPULAR

I think we can all agree Halo 5 has better multiplayer than vanilla Reach or Halo 4, but that's about it.

#27   Aski

Aski

• 108 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:24 AM

Well he's not gonna say it sucks, is he?

Frankie already confirmed that Halo 5 is going to be used as a base going forward rather than reinvent the wheel again.

:mj:  :mj:

I had hope that h6 would go back to the classic gameplay. H4 was a reaction to cod's succes and so was h5 (enhanced mobilty,etc) but that trend is dead now. Titanfall 2 was quite a flop (sales, multiplayer activity, etc) and cod is going back to it's roots. I was hoping h6 would do the same.

Top shooters rn don't need people flying around and fast ttk. This is honestly beating a dead horse but..idk.

(sorry for broken englisht btw)

#28   SouL_SlaPz

SouL_SlaPz

• 317 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:53 AM

:mj:  :mj:

I had hope that h6 would go back to the classic gameplay. H4 was a reaction to cod's succes and so was h5 (enhanced mobilty,etc) but that trend is dead now. Titanfall 2 was quite a flop (sales, multiplayer activity, etc) and cod is going back to it's roots. I was hoping h6 would do the same.

Top shooters rn don't need people flying around and fast ttk. This is honestly beating a dead horse but..idk.

(sorry for broken englisht btw)

Battlefield 1 went back to basics. Was a massive success and has the best gameplay in the series (IMO) so there's hope for halo having a similar trend! 

#29   Miggs14

Miggs14

• 161 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:02 AM

What do you expect him to say ? he avoided the question on Halo 5's story and praised the part of the game thats recieved the most praise. Hes not gonna take a shit on 343 in public.

#30   Lickmyb4c0n

Lickmyb4c0n

• 111 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

Honestly I do think 343 tapped into something great with Halo 5, but there are still some considerable kinks to iron out... Overall, I have a great time playing the game. It fills enough of the "classic" void that was missing for me with Reach and H4, namely the ranked gametypes, even starts/abilities, weapon/map control concepts, etc. The crisp gameplay is a big plus too when the servers are cooperative.

That isn't to say that I don't wish that they'd support classic Halo and cater to this audience, I DO... because I think that is important as well... Rather than separate the community with Warzone and Arena, they should have Classic and Modern MP modules... I am just thinking of games like UT in how they had completely different map pools depending on the game modes you selected. It could be similar for Classic and Modern gameplay styles. Maybe some maps could cross over too, where it made sense (maybe with subtle tweaks), just to keep map counts as high as possible...

Warzone could also still exist under a BTB "sub-umbrella" where developer-made BTB maps could return, so REQ sales could still benefit the player-base and continue to support the free updates... I mean, let's face it, it's a HUGE plus for gamers, that is... IF 343 designs and releases quality, FRESH content. That's the issue here... they really need to revise the way they develop the post-release content because nobody has really been a fan of all the rehashing they've done.

Ultimately, I like "classic..." I like "modern..." They've done some good things with Halo 5 with the gameplay, they just really need to continue to hone in on hitting all of the right notes and having a COMPLETE game at launch, with the maps, with the modes, with the playlists... all in working order. I do NOT understand how they made the same mistake twice with not having staple ranked and social playlists in when the game released. Makes no sense...

#31   Sosa Baby

Sosa Baby

• 377 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

I think we can all agree Halo 5 has better multiplayer than vanilla Reach or Halo 4, but that's about it.

The fact that Reach And H4 has proper aiming puts them above H5 for me

#32   Antidope

Antidope

• 2,091 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:16 PM

POPULAR

H5 sucks. Don't care what anyone says.

#33   Brad Pitt

Brad Pitt

• 1,398 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

Well what else is he gonna say?

"Halo 5 was a terrible Halo game filled with game breaking gimmicks and poor technical quality. In fact, because 343 has done such a horrible job with the Halo franchise, we have decided to disband 343 entirely and start over with Halo. We are in the process of hiring as many people as possible who worked on the original Halo trilogy to start developing new Halo games, starting this year with Halo 3 Anniversary! It's time to rejoice Halo fans, because very soon you will truly have Halo as remember it!"

#34   Rick

Rick

• 1,718 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

Unfortunately this is how Halo is going to be from now on.

#35   Gobias

Gobias

• 2,138 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:52 AM

POPULAR

I agree Halo 5 multiplayer is one of the best in the series

It's definitely in the top 5

#36   WARGOD

WARGOD

• 575 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

H5 sucks. Don't care what anyone says.

Wanna have a tournament with it and pretend that it was worth our time playing it?  Nothing wrong with pretending, which I'm assuming is what people do who play this game.  Pretend that it's something it's not.

#37   newuser

newuser

• 89 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

I agree Halo 5 multiplayer is one of the best in the series
It's definitely in the top 5

169937-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-oz

#38   A Fhaol Bhig

A Fhaol Bhig

• 1,029 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:05 AM

I agree?

#39   i HATE philbs

i HATE philbs

• 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:07 PM

The fact that Reach And H4 has proper aiming puts them above H5 for me

I dont think you're remembering how terrible/random bloom was AND how badly certain weapons killed the halo 4 sandbox a long time (Boltshot cough cough)

#40   aKG

aKG

• 444 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:37 AM

Vanilla Reach though, NBNS Reach is better than H2A which is way better than H5. They have killed Halo while maintaining just enough of a player base to not call it a complete failure and be able to blame competition from CoD and PC shooters on why the population is 20 times smaller than what it was in Halo 3 to their bosses. Also maintaining a competitive scene solely through ridiculous prize money is the key to longevity, I am just waiting for this bitch to crash and burn. I hope we get H3A (we wont), so that they can see the explosion in a population that wants actual Halo, not this titanfall bullshit.

#41   SouL_SlaPz

SouL_SlaPz

• 317 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

Titanfall 1 was just a multiplayer game. It introduced wall running and allowed you to play as a giant robot whilst having a base game of Call of Duty. Sounds great right?

- Experience wall running, robots and abilities - Move on.

Call of duty Advanced Warfare

- Experience invisible soldiers, jetpacks - Move on.

Halo Reach

- Experience Spartan Abilities - Move on.

See the pattern?

What similar things to Halo 2, Halo 3 and Cod 4 offer? Nothing.

Why do people play FPS games when all there is to offer is shooting and grenades? Because it's addictive. 

Why do people play games like titanfall? Giant robots. Why do they stop playing Titanfall? Because it's not an FPS and giant robot hybrid games as a whole aren't addictive. 

Why do people stop playing Reach and Halo 4 and Cod AW? Because special abilities that remove the power from the player skill-wise aren't addictive, and the casual that goes into armour lock every time he gets shot and then pulls out his shotgun to get the kill get bored of this after about 3 times because it's so easy. 

All these games missed out that core gameplay people want. An addictive FPS where there is no BS that allows people to shoot each other with good graphics.

I got Battlefield 1 for Christmas. I sucked at it. I was beyond terrible. -15 most games and finding it very hard to kill anyone. This really annoyed me and within a few days of constantly playing and youtube tips I was playing well. A week later I was topping leaderboard once I knew the correct way to play the game. And it was additive. Does Battlefield 1 offer anything new or special like abilities or giant robots? No. It's the same game they have already released in the past 6 or 7 titles and people still buy it and get addicted to it because it's a 32v32 FPS and that's addictive. 

Halo 5 has this addictive FPS element to it just like Reach did under all the No Sprint No Bloom. That's why it's so hard because Halo 5 is honestly a very good game that is infected with these "special abilities" that have been ruining FPS games for years.

rant/

#42   aKG

aKG

• 444 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

Titanfall 1 was just a multiplayer game. It introduced wall running and allowed you to play as a giant robot whilst having a base game of Call of Duty. Sounds great right?

- Experience wall running, robots and abilities - Move on.

Call of duty Advanced Warfare

- Experience invisible soldiers, jetpacks - Move on.

Halo Reach

- Experience Spartan Abilities - Move on.

See the pattern?

What similar things to Halo 2, Halo 3 and Cod 4 offer? Nothing.

Why do people play FPS games when all there is to offer is shooting and grenades? Because it's addictive. 

Why do people play games like titanfall? Giant robots. Why do they stop playing Titanfall? Because it's not an FPS and giant robot hybrid games as a whole aren't addictive. 

Why do people stop playing Reach and Halo 4 and Cod AW? Because special abilities that remove the power from the player skill-wise aren't addictive, and the casual that goes into armour lock every time he gets shot and then pulls out his shotgun to get the kill get bored of this after about 3 times because it's so easy. 

All these games missed out that core gameplay people want. An addictive FPS where there is no BS that allows people to shoot each other with good graphics.

I got Battlefield 1 for Christmas. I sucked at it. I was beyond terrible. -15 most games and finding it very hard to kill anyone. This really annoyed me and within a few days of constantly playing and youtube tips I was playing well. A week later I was topping leaderboard once I knew the correct way to play the game. And it was additive. Does Battlefield 1 offer anything new or special like abilities or giant robots? No. It's the same game they have already released in the past 6 or 7 titles and people still buy it and get addicted to it because it's a 32v32 FPS and that's addictive. 

Halo 5 has this addictive FPS element to it just like Reach did under all the No Sprint No Bloom. That's why it's so hard because Halo 5 is honestly a very good game that is infected with these "special abilities" that have been ruining FPS games for years.

rant/

I agree 100%, but Halo 5 also has the factor of a lot of non addictive shooting being forced upon us, like all the fucking automatics and also consider how much less addictive some types of shooting are when you consider how much less skillful sniping is now than it used to be.

#43   SouL_SlaPz

SouL_SlaPz

• 317 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

delete pls, wrong thread. 

#44   Oriiii

Oriiii
  • Banned

• 1,024 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

Well he's not gonna say it sucks, is he?

Frankie already confirmed that Halo 5 is going to be used as a base going forward rather than reinvent the wheel again.

At this point frankie's word means so little that he basically confirms the opposite of whatever he says.

#45   Dysphoria

Dysphoria
  • Banned

• 431 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:57 PM

Vanilla Reach though, NBNS Reach is better than H2A which is way better than H5. They have killed Halo while maintaining just enough of a player base to not call it a complete failure and be able to blame competition from CoD and PC shooters on why the population is 20 times smaller than what it was in Halo 3 to their bosses. Also maintaining a competitive scene solely through ridiculous prize money is the key to longevity, I am just waiting for this bitch to crash and burn. I hope we get H3A (we wont), so that they can see the explosion in a population that wants actual Halo, not this titanfall bullshit.

Why wouldn't we get H3A? Seriously. It's a fact that it was the most successful Halo game, it hasn't been remastered yet and with M$'s new Windows program it would be the perfect time to also introduce H3 to the PC market since it hasn't been on PC yet. There's literally nothing for them to lose with H3A -- PC gamers will finally get to play it, the anniversary formula is a proven cash cow and it's of the most popular Halo game to boot. Last but not least all these remakes have always come out a year before the sequels -- well it would make sense for it to release this year as well. M$ would be stupid not to make H3A happen.

#46   Miggs14

Miggs14

• 161 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:32 AM

I honestly wish we could get a H3A late this year to put H6 back to 2019 just so 343 can get a good look at the numbers and feed back from the community, and make and informed decision on the core gameplay for H6.

#47   BlackShadow

BlackShadow

No 2nd Accounts

• Banned

• 491 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

Wow, holy shit...this is an absolute joke and makes me weep for what Halo could've been.

#48   znot

znot

• 315 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:01 AM

LMAO thank you! Then people will say "well the market is different, there's more and different games out now." Meanwhile Halo has been competing against battlefield, cod, Madden, rainbow 6, and plenty of other titles that are still around today So really nothing has changed but Halo

#49   Craneteam

Craneteam
  • Premium

• 4,799 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

LMAO thank you! Then people will say "well the market is different, there's more and different games out now." Meanwhile Halo has been competing against battlefield, cod, Madden, rainbow 6, and plenty of other titles that are still around today So really nothing has changed but Halo

I think you have to look beyond the console competition and put pc titles into the list of halo competitors. The gaming landscape has changed in that most computers can run games and titles like LOL, overwatch, CSGO, etc can be played with a low monetary barrier. While Xbox competition is relatively the same, the market outside of that has changed completely