Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Head of Xbox Says Halo 5 Multiplayer is One of the Best in the Series

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1   Wpns Grade

Wpns Grade

• 15 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

What are the thoughts on his statement? I just don't see how a game that shipped with no content and fails to feel like a Halo game could be touted as the best.

This makes me feel as though Halo 6 will continue the enhanced mobility trend of Halo 5.

#2   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 17,796 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

Well he's not gonna say it sucks, is he?

Frankie already confirmed that Halo 5 is going to be used as a base going forward rather than reinvent the wheel again.

#3   Wpns Grade

Wpns Grade

• 15 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

Well he's not gonna say it sucks, is he?

He was asked a question about the campaign and said it on his own initiative. Nobody even asked him about MP.

#4   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 17,796 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

He was asked a question about the campaign and said it on his own initiative. Nobody even asked him about MP.

And? Despite what most people around here think, it's the first time in a while we've got a decent MP game. Obviously there's some shaky stuff that sucks like automatics, poor post-content, Warzone balance, etc but the game itself was much better after Reach and Halo 4. 

In the end, it's one dudes opinion and he just happens to be the head of Xbox.

#5   Wpns Grade

Wpns Grade

• 15 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

And? Despite what most people around here think, it's the first time in a while we've got a decent MP game. Obviously there's some shaky stuff that sucks like automatics, poor post-content, Warzone balance, etc but the game itself was much better after Reach and Halo 4. 

In the end, it's one dudes opinion and he just happens to be the head of Xbox.

Would you happen to have the link to Frankie talking about Halo 6?

#6   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,187 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

It was a neogaf post

#7   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 17,796 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

I'll dig it up but it was something along the lines of that Halo's MP going forward isn't going to see another drastic re-work like Halo 3 to Reach or Reach to H4. They're going to build upon it and make it better than what we currently have.

EDIT: Got it. 

http://neogaf.com/fo...0#post209486860

Image for anyone at work:

a9b593l.png

#8   SouL_SlaPz

SouL_SlaPz

• 282 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

I agree, halo 5 multiplayer is one of the best in the series. It can be improved in ways obviously, but let's be honest the multiplayer is pretty great overall. 

Watching those close games in Vegas last weekend between the teams trying to qualify was some of the best halo I've ever watched even including some of those close mlg h3 finals.

#9   Apoll0

Apoll0

Weekend LAN party? oh wait...

• Premium

• 2,828 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

Well what else is he gonna say?

"Halo 5 sucks. It launched with no social or forge or splitscreen or lan and radar in competitive. Luls! #BuyXboxOne. SPENCER OUT!!!"

Lol of course not. Its a softball PR interview, not 60 Minutes haha. I really disagree with him, but have no issue with what he said.

#10   Wpns Grade

Wpns Grade

• 15 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Well what else is he gonna say?
"Halo 5 sucks. It launched with no social or forge or splitscreen or lan and radar in competitive. Luls! #BuyXboxOne. SPENCER OUT!!!"
Lol of course not. Its a softball PR interview, not 60 Minutes haha. I really disagree with him, but have no issue with what he said.

Lmao! Halo is doomed.

#11   shitlin

shitlin

• 397 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

So, H3A confirmed? In all seriousness though, H6 could be really good if they just remove radar from comp and do some slight tweaking to sprint, autos, and abilities.  

#12   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,071 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

and if he said it sucks, you would just harass him over not putting the proper people at 343 to make a good game / fix the game. There's no winning for him. Even if he doesnt deserve to win, he's still a human and no one is going to bring unneeded torment upon themselves.

#13   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 17,796 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

So, H3A confirmed? 

?

#14   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 6,297 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

It's politics. 

No, really, it's literally the exact same thing as politics. 

Everything you hate about politicians and politics can be applied here. 

#15   a Chunk

a Chunk

Not really Chunky

• Premium

• 755 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:57 PM

I'll dig it up but it was something along the lines of that Halo's MP going forward isn't going to see another drastic re-work like Halo 3 to Reach or Reach to H4. They're going to build upon it and make it better than what we currently have.

EDIT: Got it. 

http://neogaf.com/fo...0#post209486860

Image for anyone at work:

a9b593l.png

What was the context of this post?  Because judging solely on the content of the post, without the context, I don't see anything that leads me to believe he's referring to future Halo games.  "Halo 5's core MP is a thing that would be refined and tuned in the future" seems to be referring to the future of Halo 5.  Of course, if it was in the middle of a discussion about future Halo games, that's an entirely different story, which is why I'm curious.

#16   Wpns Grade

Wpns Grade

• 15 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:59 PM

What was the context of this post?  Because judging solely on the content of the post, without the context, I don't see anything that leads me to believe he's referring to future Halo games.  "Halo 5's core MP is a thing that would be refined and tuned in the future" seems to be referring to the future of Halo 5.  Of course, if it was in the middle of a discussion about future Halo games, that's an entirely different story, which is why I'm curious.

Right I share your same concern.

#17   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,187 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

I agree, halo 5 multiplayer is one of the best in the series. It can be improved in ways obviously, but let's be honest the multiplayer is pretty great overall.

Watching those close games in Vegas last weekend between the teams trying to qualify was some of the best halo I've ever watched even including some of those close mlg h3 finals.

I'll take "Bad opinions" for $500

#18   a Chunk

a Chunk

Not really Chunky

• Premium

• 755 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

Right I share your same concern.

Btw, loved the video.  I think Multi posted it somewhere else a week ago.  I almost stopped watching before the end.  Glad I didn't, lol.

#19   a Chunk

a Chunk

Not really Chunky

• Premium

• 755 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

I've seen some freaking intense games of Tee Ball too.  Doesn't mean Tee Ball is anywhere near the same level as Baseball.

#20   Moa

Moa

🙄

• Premium

• 17,796 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:14 PM

It was six pages in on a topic about how Halo 5's active players is higher than Halo 3's. He doesn't reply to anyone directly so it's kind of hard to tell but a few people were debating the usual classic Halo is better than Halo 5. 

It could go either way but even so, I don't see why they'd radically change the gameplay again if they believe they hit gold with Halo 5. 

#21   shitlin

shitlin

• 397 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

It was six pages in on a topic about how Halo 5's active players is higher than Halo 3's. He doesn't reply to anyone directly so it's kind of hard to tell but a few people were debating the usual classic Halo is better than Halo 5. 

It could go either way but even so, I don't see why they'd radically change the gameplay again if they believe they hit gold with Halo 5. 

I could actually see this being true.  H3 a year and a half after launch had already been soundly dethroned by COD as the king of the console shooter.  However, COD today is pretty dead so there is less competition.  

#22   MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn

Edge Lord

• 2,187 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

POPULAR

I could actually see this being true. H3 a year and a half after launch had already been soundly dethroned by COD as the king of the console shooter. However, COD today is pretty dead so there is less competition.

Where do people like you get these ridiculous ideas

https://majornelson....-games-of-2007/

https://www.google.c...es-of-2008/amp/

https://www.google.c...es-of-2009/amp/

#23   Tactics

Tactics
  • Premium

• 902 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

If the population of Halo 5 is so good why is 343 unwilling to fix matchmaking where Teams match other Teams and players searching alone match other players searching alone. The keep trying to tweak the ranking system to truly represent skill, yet won't fix the biggest problem with the whole system.

#24   Brutality

Brutality
  • Premium

• 1,852 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

I enjoy Halo 5 and probably have more playtime than Halo 3 already tbh.. I think my Halo 2 hours are more than all others combined though 😋

#25   Lukes

Lukes

• 771 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:37 PM

I'm not sure why there's controversy over this. He's the head of Xbox and isn't going to talk shit about the game even if he personally hates it.