Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Best Halo 5 Octagon Map? (Halo 3-Style with Fully-Working Spawns)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1   AllinJUAN

AllinJUAN

• 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:22 PM

Hello everyone! I'd like to share a map I made that is remake of the popular Halo 3 warm up map "Octagon." I've seen lots of Octagon remakes before, but none that really dedicated looking and playing like the original Halo 3 map. I did the best I could to get my version to look and play like the original by trying to match up objects, colors, and also having working spawn-trapping spawns. If you've ever tried to create an Octagon map in Halo 5 you'll realize that the spawns do not work the same way they did in Halo 3. So to get by this, I used a trick I learned from "iFamousFilms" on YouTube where I put two teleporters outside of the map, put spawn points on top of those teleporters, and then put the receiver ends inside the map where the spawns would normally be. And thus, spawn-trapping is back.

You can download the map and gametype from GT:

All in JUAN

Map Name: "Halo 3 Octagon"

Gametype Name: "Halo 3 FFA Snipes" ("FFA Snipes" also works)

Let me know if you decide to play this with a friend and how it goes! I'm open to any critiques/feedback!  :)