Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Halo 1: Neutral Host Edition

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1   Devilman

Devilman

• 72 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:48 PM

POPULAR

********Halo 1: NHE version 1.0 is out now.  Download at halo1nhe.com.*************

----------

The new beta build of NHE (beta v6) has been released!  Download at www.halo1final.com.  Here's what's new since beta v5:

Dual Screen Timer:
– A screen timer that counts up to 30 minutes and repeats, coinciding with the talking timer, has been added. Due to halo’s built-in limitations, the timer can only appear in one place at a time. Through some clever positioning and blank lines, it became possible to have a second timer on bottom screen, but this could not be replicated for 3v3 and 4v4. As a result, top left and bottom left will not have their own timers, but the timer does appear bottom right of top half and bottom right of bottom half for 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 games.

Cortana Timer:
– The in-game Cortana audio timer has been tweaked slightly. Announcements have been kept to a minimum per community request, and are now more intuitive as a result. As the screen timer counts up during the first minute, you will hear the following at these times:

00:20 – [beep]

00:30 – [beep, “30 seconds left”]

00:40 – [beep, “20 seconds”]

00:50-59 – [“10″,”9″,”8″,”7″,”6″,”5″,”4″,”3″,”2″,”1”]

01:00 – [beep, “1 minute”]

Quotes denote words spoken by Cortana, and this sequence repeats every minute, announcing each minute after it passes, until 30, and then repeats. The announcement of the upcoming minute at 20 and 40 seconds has been removed due to the addition of the screen timer.

13 Working NHE maps, Most Renamed, All Reorganized:
– Every map is now compatible with NHE, and filenames represent the actual map name.

After much community discussion, the map order in the menu has been modified, and is as follows:

Chill Out, Hang ‘Em High, Prisoner, Damnation, Derelict, Downrush, Battle Creek, Decidia, Double Take, Redshift, Outbound, Exhibit, Hotbox

Hostman Location Update:
– Hostman now enters a ghost, teleports to a point hundreds of meters above the map, is frozen and rendered invincible, all in a 30th of a second. This eliminated the need to rebuild stock maps in 3ds Max, restoring peace of mind that every stock map and all respective gametypes work as they did originally, with the added bonus of all the NHE mods.

Credits Screen:
– Hostman’s screen now displays the NHE team credits.

Damnation Crate Flash:
– The large visual flash (or spark) on the “computer” crates in Damnation have been fixed.

Postgame Carnage Report:
– The name of the map that was just played now appears in the bottom left of the Postgame Carnage Report

HUD Message Feed:
– Many of the HUD message events have been shortened, including every powerup, weapon, and ammo pickup. Also, in an effort to normalize the kill messages and match the audio announcement, “You are on a killing spree!” has been shortened to simply “Killing Spree!”.

Prisoner Bots Campaign Map
Included is an updated beta version of the Prisoner Bots campaign map. 
* New in beta v6, the score/kills now go up to 50. There is a simple “spawn system” set up for the bots so that the area you are in will affect whichever area they will spawn in. They will not spawn right on top or right behind you anymore.

#2   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 5,142 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:53 PM

Amazing work as always. I look forward to whatever you guys have in store in the future.

Would it be impossible to add some sort of kill count on the screen without having to press select? Any plans on including Imminent as well? I was able to play this two weekends ago and it was awesome. The new maps were a lot of fun to play on and we reported a few visual bugs to insidious. I forget the map names of the new maps but there was one map with a pretty consistent texture bug where you could see through the wall and up the ramp. I'll try to explain that better later once I take a look at the maps again.

#3   QuietMan

QuietMan
  • Banned

• 3,008 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

Prisoner Bots Campaign Map
Included is an updated beta version of the Prisoner Bots campaign map. 
* New in beta v6, the score/kills now go up to 50. There is a simple “spawn system” set up for the bots so that the area you are in will affect whichever area they will spawn in. They will not spawn right on top or right behind you anymore.

Can you tell me more about this.  This sounds pretty intriguing.  Is it like a warm-up on Prisoner again AI Bots?  

Amazing work as always. I look forward to whatever you guys have in store in the future.

Nice gold bar dood.

#4   Devilman

Devilman

• 72 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

@ I don't know if the kill count/scoreboard is possible but I asked DDS and Insidious and they're throwing ideas around as we speak.  Also, there are plans for imminent.

@ You are correct.  If you load up single player on NHE it will put you on prisoner against AI controlled master chiefs.  You can play this on co-op mode as well.  And I think there is a way to make the second player port to the top of the map so you can warm up on a split screen, for those of you that hate full screen;)

#5   QuietMan

QuietMan
  • Banned

• 3,008 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:00 PM

@ I don't know if the kill count/scoreboard is possible but I asked DDS and Insidious and they're throwing ideas around as we speak.  Also, there are plans for imminent.

@ You are correct.  If you load up single player on NHE it will put you on prisoner against AI controlled master chiefs.  You can play this on co-op mode as well.  And I think there is a way to make the second player port to the top of the map so you can warm up on a split screen, for those of you that hate full screen;)

That's freakin' bad ass!

It would be so weird to see a spartan controlled by AI. Does it yell WORT WORT WORT and do rolls to the left and right?

#6   Devilman

Devilman

• 72 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:33 PM

That's freakin' bad ass!

It would be so weird to see a spartan controlled by AI. Does it yell WORT WORT WORT and do rolls to the left and right?

They don't do rolls but they will shoot over their shoulder like an elite.  And they have good shots too.  Keep it on normal difficulty and you'll be able to tsk them.

#7   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 5,142 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:40 PM

They don't do rolls but they will shoot over their shoulder like an elite.  And they have good shots too.  Keep it on normal difficulty and you'll be able to tsk them.

I've seen just a bit of the bots in action but haven't played them myself. Crazy to think that after a decade plus of Halo, the first game that successfully adds bots to the game is Halo CE.

I didn't realize you can change the difficulty of the bots. Does it just change their accuracy? Who physically created this?

#8   NAK

NAK

• 1,157 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:58 AM

Is there a sniper on Rat Race in this version?

#9   Devilman

Devilman

• 72 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:04 AM

@ The difficulty acts the same as in normal campaign mode.  The harder the difficulty, the more shots it takes to kill the enemy.  Their accuracy stays the same.  DDS created it.  I think Halaster also may have indirectly helped.

@ The sniper on RR is not included in this version.

#10   Alexander

Alexander

• 61 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:32 PM

We LANd this update on Sunday, it was good stuff. Thanks for all the hard work. 

#11   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 5,142 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:18 PM

did HB put on a green suit and do the motion capture for the bots?

Very interesting stuff. I realize that there is AI in multiplayer for other Halos in terms of firefight/warzone but not for a 1v1 or something. I have no experience with coding or understanding of how bots work but its something I'm very interested in. Perfect Dark N64 had some of the best bot variety that I can think of. Shadowrun has bots but the movement is horrible for a game like that. I'm interested in if/how it would be possible to create various bots with different functions. Imagine creating bots that had some sort of function where it would random its partner if it was in X amount of distance of a spawn point, would rotate out for power weapons etc.

I mean, in my mind it's pretty much impossible, but damn would that be cool.

#12   almightyshade

almightyshade

• 44 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:52 AM

I can't thank @, DDS, Insidious, and everyone else involved with the creation and improvement of NHE enough. You guys play a major role in helping keep the community of purest form of Halo alive and improved every time.

#13   Devilman

Devilman

• 72 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:28 AM

Very interesting stuff. I realize that there is AI in multiplayer for other Halos in terms of firefight/warzone but not for a 1v1 or something. I have no experience with coding or understanding of how bots work but its something I'm very interested in. Perfect Dark N64 had some of the best bot variety that I can think of. Shadowrun has bots but the movement is horrible for a game like that. I'm interested in if/how it would be possible to create various bots with different functions. Imagine creating bots that had some sort of function where it would random its partner if it was in X amount of distance of a spawn point, would rotate out for power weapons etc.

I think HB put elites in a master chief model.

DDS would be the best person to describe what is possible with the bots.  From what I know there are limitations with the scripts he can use and the existing resources he can reference.  Anything more than what he's done already would likely require the source code and some advanced coding knowledge.

#14   Ling Ling

Ling Ling

• 797 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:07 AM

AI are ultimately limited by their limited ability to interact with different map elements. They're unable to teleport without command scripts, they can't directly interact with equipment/powerups/weapons at all,they have problems with strategy/awareness, ect. Most of these problems require complex or less than ideal workarounds to solve.

Another problem with CE characters/actors is that they're structured differently than future Halo's. While the elite minor character tag in Halo 2 comes pre-packed with information on how to use most of the weapons in the game, CE characters are only taught how to use one weapon, so a grunt minor with a plasma pistol is an entirely different character tag than a grunt minor with a needler, which is fairly annoying. I also don't believe that there's just a general way of swapping weapons in CE either, and while it might be possible to somewhat emulate it by replacing bipeds/weapons, it would be rudimentary at best.

People like Gamma and Kirby worked on bots for a bit, but if I remember correctly they never released anything. Gamma did release a few videos though.

I'm working on bots as well, mostly just to practice working with Halo's dev tools and scripting. However, at some point in the near future I might make a thread here with a beta download and ask for feedback/suggestions, especially from big CE players like yourself. The goal of the maps should just be to (very roughly) emulate the normal multiplayer to essentially make a "practice mode", with a few big but optional additional features.

#15   QuietMan

QuietMan
  • Banned

• 3,008 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

Does anyone know how to get NHE v6 running on a box that has been soft modded with Unleash X? I have figured out how to soft mod, just wondering what steps are next.

#16   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 5,142 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:13 PM

Does anyone know how to get NHE v6 running on a box that has been soft modded with Unleash X? I have figured out how to soft mod, just wondering what steps are next.

I feel like your best bet would be to ask in Stunt Man's discord server.

#17   QuietMan

QuietMan
  • Banned

• 3,008 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:15 PM

Ha. I was literally logging in to ask.

#18   QuietMan

QuietMan
  • Banned

• 3,008 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

oops double post. my bad.

#19   NAK

NAK

• 1,157 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:34 PM

@ The sniper on RR is not included in this version.

Do you guys plan on including it on future versions? or nah? I personally like the change, but wouldn't be surprised if others didn't 

#20   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,467 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

Do you guys plan on including it on future versions? or nah? I personally like the change, but wouldn't be surprised if others didn't 

It's not that they didn't want to put the sniper in, it's that they didn't want to put Rat Race in. There's only room for 13 maps.

@, I'm curious if in future versions, we could include a bigger map pool, the same way 1.5 did. Like 13 maps in 1 menu, and 13 different maps in another menu? Except this time leave out SW, BG, BA and Chiron in favor of some of the good new maps.

#21   Devilman

Devilman

• 72 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:38 PM

@ Connect your switch to the router your computer is connected to and you should be able to ftp the files to your xbox.  Filezilla is a free ftp client you can download.  Go into unleash settings to find out what the ip address is.  In filezilla, make sure your port=21, password=xbox, login=xbox, and only one file transfer is allowed (this is an advanced setting) when connecting to the xbox.

@ We are definitely planning on including more than 13 maps.  I can't say exactly how we are going to go about presenting it, but it will happen one way or another.

#22   QuietMan

QuietMan
  • Banned

• 3,008 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:48 PM

@ Connect your switch to the router your computer is connected to and you should be able to ftp the files to your xbox.  Filezilla is a free ftp client you can download.  Go into unleash settings to find out what the ip address is.  In filezilla, make sure your port=21, password=xbox, login=xbox, and only one file transfer is allowed (this is an advanced setting) when connecting to the xbox.

@ We are definitely planning on including more than 13 maps.  I can't say exactly how we are going to go about presenting it, but it will happen one way or another.

Can I not just do it with flash drive?

#23   QuietMan

QuietMan
  • Banned

• 3,008 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

It's not that they didn't want to put the sniper in, it's that they didn't want to put Rat Race in. There's only room for 13 maps.

@, I'm curious if in future versions, we could include a bigger map pool, the same way 1.5 did. Like 13 maps in 1 menu, and 13 different maps in another menu? Except this time leave out SW, BG, BA and Chiron in favor of some of the good new maps.

RIP RR. : ( '''''

#24   Missingno

Missingno

• 224 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:24 PM

Figured this is appropriate here.

#25   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 5,142 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

Devilman already answered but reach out to @ and see what he came up with. From what I hear this issue will no longer be a problem but I'll keep my fingers crossed.