Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Beyond x ASTRO $1,000 Rocket League Monthly Tournament Announcement

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1   Beyond Entertainment

Beyond Entertainment
  • Admin

• 33 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

rocket-league-title-1170x349.png

We are excited to announce monthly $1,000 Rocket League tournaments beginning in 2017! This is only the beginning for us and ASTRO Gaming with the Rocket League community!

Format:

• 3v3
  • Competitive Ruleset
  • Prize Pool: $1,000

If you're new to Beyond, We are looking for community feedback! Be sure to join our forums (free) to discuss upcoming Rocket League tournaments - and what you want to see!

Make sure to also follow Beyond and ASTRO on Twitter for more updates.

See You Next Month!

#2   Saucey

Saucey
  • Admin

• 7,132 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:25 PM

Really excited to become involved in the Rocket League Community! 

Would love to hear what community members are looking for, and to learn more about the scene :)

#3   jamaican117

jamaican117

• 1,639 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:35 PM

1v1s would be great. I know some like 3v3 but Rocket league 1v1s are very skillfull.

#4   FrankieFourShot

FrankieFourShot

• 685 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

Really looking forward to branching out into RL.  I always watch RL on Twitch and it's extremely entertaining to watch.

#5   ZerueLX11

ZerueLX11

PC Master Race

• Premium

• 2,154 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:03 PM

@Saucey make sure it is well advertised. Maybe a tweet out from the devs would be cool.

#6   oneillRL

oneillRL

• 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:09 AM

Extremely excited to see this addition to the RL scene, a few things i think would be really important and helpful for m aking the tournaments a success.

1. Identify if the tournament is region locked, so a $500 US tourny and a $500 eu tourny.

2. Identify community casters willing to stream the broadcast.

3. Having a professional look on the stream, overlays, goal animations, chat polls to involve chat.

4. Identify if the tournament is only open to a specific platform or if it is xbox &pc/pc &ps4.

5. an active social media channel promoting the event on the day as well as the week leading upto the event.

6. stats sheets of teams to watch out for (likely the higher ranked teams) to expand viewer knowledge on current form, head to head w/l ratios etc

hope some of this helps!

#7   KINGH4554N_786

KINGH4554N_786

• 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:42 AM

Regions to be involved in this? I'm from EU and want to participate.

#8   jamaican117

jamaican117

• 1,639 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

Extremely excited to see this addition to the RL scene, a few things i think would be really important and helpful for m aking the tournaments a success.

1. Identify if the tournament is region locked, so a $500 US tourny and a $500 eu tourny.

3. Having a professional look on the stream, overlays, goal animations, chat polls to involve chat.

4. Identify if the tournament is only open to a specific platform or if it is xbox &pc/pc &ps4.

5. an active social media channel promoting the event on the day as well as the week leading upto the event.

6. stats sheets of teams to watch out for (likely the higher ranked teams) to expand viewer knowledge on current form, head to head w/l ratios etc

hope some of this helps!

No worries, Team Beyond is one of the best at running Halo tournaments and is very good about promoting their events. Knowing the state of semi-professional Rocket League I'm sure that these tournaments will be well attended. 

Only thing for me are casters. 

#9   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 4,438 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:34 PM

I'm going to start having to play this game now. Got it on sale a few months back but haven't touched it. My cousin is the one who convinced me and I'll try to get him signed up here. Also, I forget what Jamesbot's role is in the scene, but I remember he was somewhat known within Rocket League and I'll mention this to him as well.

#10   Its_Aroze

Its_Aroze

• 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:13 AM

Bet

#11   packytone

packytone

• 202 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:26 AM

YESSS HYPOOOOOOOOOOOO ty based TB

#12   rocketvanpersie

rocketvanpersie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:05 PM

1v1's arent skillful half the goals are kick off goals, if youre gonna keep it a monthly gotta keep it 3v3 because thats the competitive standard, have it be pc/ps4 just because thats what all major tournaments do, and then also pretty much everything oneill said, contact rocket league central for the best casters or if the RLCS casters can do non RLCS casts you could get lawler im sure he would love to do something like this, corelli and quinn lobdell arent bad at casting as well.

#13   rl_report

rl_report

• 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:29 PM

This is great news, can't wait!

#14   Saucey

Saucey
  • Admin

• 7,132 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:54 PM

@Saucey make sure it is well advertised. Maybe a tweet out from the devs would be cool.

:simms:

hope some of this helps!

1. US

2. On it. 

3. Of course :)

4. PC/PS4

5. https://twitter.com/TeamBeyondnet We are always promoting our events on social :)

6. This is interesting, will look into it a bit more. 

Thanks for the feedback.

1v1's arent skillful half the goals are kick off goals, if youre gonna keep it a monthly gotta keep it 3v3 because thats the competitive standard, have it be pc/ps4 just because thats what all major tournaments do, and then also pretty much everything oneill said, contact rocket league central for the best casters or if the RLCS casters can do non RLCS casts you could get lawler im sure he would love to do something like this, corelli and quinn lobdell arent bad at casting as well.

I agree, after speaking with several RL Pro Players the general sentiment is that PC/PS4 3v3 is the way to go. 

This is great news, can't wait!

:) more info shortly!

#15   CloudFuel

CloudFuel

Twitch.tv Staff

• VIP

• 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:25 PM

Great meeting today! Looking forward to some great events coming soon. Hyyyyype!

#16   Alstedo

Alstedo

• 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:32 PM

Hyyyyype!

You can say that again!  :D

#17   MrLittleThor

MrLittleThor

• 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:01 PM

Looking forward to see how much this impacts the community! 

#18   trox

trox
  • Premium

• 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:25 AM

You can say that again!  :D

Hyyyyype!

#19   Wrong_Way_Woody

Wrong_Way_Woody

• 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

Sad to hear it's for NA players only as a EU player, but very glad this tournament is going ahead as we need more tournaments like this!  :D

#20   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 4,438 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:12 PM

I'm not familiar with the rocket league scene but what's the reason for not allowing Xbox one for the tournament? I have literally no idea how the cross platform works but imagine it has to do with that.

#21   MrLittleThor

MrLittleThor

• 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:53 PM

I'm not familiar with the rocket league scene but what's the reason for not allowing Xbox one for the tournament? I have literally no idea how the cross platform works but imagine it has to do with that.

Right now the only crossplay that is allowed for Rocket League is PC-PS4 and PC-XBOX. Can't do gameplay between XBOX and PS4. PS4 has been usually tipped for the opposite platform of choice for one main reason.

The main reason is that PS4 holds a larger quantity of Rocket League playerbase compared to XBOX, though that's probably cause of release date. Another debatable reason would be quality of gameplay but that's up to matter of opinions.

#22   RMichar13

RMichar13

• 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

When and how will we be able to sign up for this tournament? Thanks for the info!

#23   FrankieFourShot

FrankieFourShot

• 685 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

When and how will we be able to sign up for this tournament? Thanks for the info!

All tournaments will be announced on the site and through our social media outlets.  Make sure to follow our Twitter account and Twitch account.  Our partner, Astro, will also have additional information on tournaments as well on their Twitter page.

We also have a Team Beyond discord channel as well - https://discord.gg/014cjTb8YeU56Xy9V

To compete, all that's needed is to be registered on the forums.  After that, just watch for the announcements and sign up!

#24   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 4,438 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:54 PM

Right now the only crossplay that is allowed for Rocket League is PC-PS4 and PC-XBOX. Can't do gameplay between XBOX and PS4. PS4 has been usually tipped for the opposite platform of choice for one main reason.

The main reason is that PS4 holds a larger quantity of Rocket League playerbase compared to XBOX, though that's probably cause of release date. Another debatable reason would be quality of gameplay but that's up to matter of opinions.

That makes perfect sense to me. If I remember hearing correctly apparently M$ reached out to Sony regarding console cross platform and that the hold up is on Sony's end. I ended up reading your post but forgot to respond. Thanks for the answer. Best of luck to you and anyone else that enters this tournament. I can't wait to watch. I pretty much only care for shooters but this game broke that tradition. Can't remember the last time i had this much fun playing a video game.

If anyone wants to add me on Xbox One, my GT is "Teapot Yo". Not a competitive player yet, but this game motivates me to improve which is nice.

#25   mattcastro23

mattcastro23

• 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

Coming from the Rocket Royale discord where CloudFuel said to mention I'm a "top player" and have participated in Rocket Royale to get hooked up with a title :D