Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

General Politics Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
12537 replies to this topic

#26   Buffdaddy Jamal

Buffdaddy Jamal

• 235 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:48 AM

the electoral college exists so we don't have one region of america dictating to the rest

This. In a nation as large as the US having a real democracy is just asking for a civil war.

#27   GirlfriendHaver

GirlfriendHaver

• 2,824 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:52 AM

the electoral college exists so we don't have one region of america dictating to the rest

no need to compensate for this when states like alaska and wyoming get the same amount of senators as new york and california. and the electoral college was created to give southern states more power against the north by counting slaves (as 3/5 a person) as part of their population.

trumprevolution1-20121106.jpg

CrFBpnHWgAUOcZi.jpg

trump-tweet.jpeg

#28   Joseph

Joseph
  • Admin

• 7,873 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:22 AM

531be1f41cd9c98ec0540bf874b223e6.png

#29   GirlfriendHaver

GirlfriendHaver

• 2,824 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:30 AM

man im gonna miss joe biden memes

#30   Cypress

Cypress

• 1,799 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:32 AM

This is where you would campaign and what would elect the president if there wasn't an electoral college (blue areas). Dumb if u ask me.

0FOKHow.jpg

#31   MarkyVersace

MarkyVersace

Imagine Talib

• Premium

• 6,243 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:36 AM

We wouldnt be talking about the electoral college if the Democrats ran with anyone other than Hillary

#32   pharmassists

pharmassists

*Pharmacist

• Premium

• 2,447 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:39 AM

We wouldnt be talking about the electoral college if the Democrats ran with anyone other than Hillary

^

#33   TTUVAPOR

TTUVAPOR

• 1,795 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:48 AM

where do these protesters find the time. to protest? do they not have jobs? id get fired if i called in and said... i gotta protest, not sure when ill be back but keep sending me a paycheck.

#34   Buffdaddy Jamal

Buffdaddy Jamal

• 235 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:51 AM

where do these protesters find the time. to protest? do they not have jobs? id get fired if i called in and said... i gotta protest, not sure when ill be back but keep sending me a paycheck.

They literally get paid to protest.

#35   GirlfriendHaver

GirlfriendHaver

• 2,824 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:54 AM

no, we wouldn't be talking about it if the person who got the most votes actually won. If hillary lost the popular vote you wouldn't hear a thing. this is the second time this has happened so it's a pretty big deal

pretty sure they do it in their free time? before or after work perhaps? do you honestly believe every one of these protesters is unemployed? 

#36   Buffdaddy Jamal

Buffdaddy Jamal

• 235 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:56 AM

National popular vote doesn't count for shit bud. The point of the electoral college is that you have to win the popular vote for individual states. Stop crying.

#37   Tobes

Tobes

• 348 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:02 AM

Seeing as how horrible of a person Hillary is, mixed with the riots that her supporters have began I have no reason to have any of your class. Liberals are the biggest group of whiny entitlement junkies who were not spanked enough or ever told "no" as a child.
The liberal fascism has made me sick.

ok so because you don't like liberals you wish to tear a person down to tears. got it. this pretty much the definition of being an intolerant child.

#38   GirlfriendHaver

GirlfriendHaver

• 2,824 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:03 AM

National popular vote doesn't count for shit bud. The point of the electoral college is that you have to win the popular vote for individual states. Stop crying.

thank you for telling me these things that i already knew and understood. 

#39   Cypress

Cypress

• 1,799 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:06 AM

ok so because you don't like liberals you wish to tear a person down to tears. got it. this pretty much the definition of being an intolerant child.

Protesting for civil rights is acceptable. Protesting because you didn't get your way in a fair election is just whining and for some reason I dont ever see masses of right wing supporters shutting down streets n destroying shit.

#40   Tobes

Tobes

• 348 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:08 AM

They literally get paid to protest.
https://twitter.com/...543689237692416

this is a picture of 3 busses.

#41   MarkyVersace

MarkyVersace

Imagine Talib

• Premium

• 6,243 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:09 AM

Its mostly college kids who didnt say or participate in this election until they saw on facebook that Trump was gonna win.

I'd know, I got invited on fb to the boston one like 10 times

#42   GirlfriendHaver

GirlfriendHaver

• 2,824 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:14 AM

imagine if trump won the popular vote but still lost. i guarantee the riots would be as big if not bigger

#43   TTUVAPOR

TTUVAPOR

• 1,795 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:16 AM

no, we wouldn't be talking about it if the person who got the most votes actually won. If hillary lost the popular vote you wouldn't hear a thing. this is the second time this has happened so it's a pretty big deal

pretty sure they do it in their free time? before or after work perhaps? do you honestly believe every one of these protesters is unemployed?

yes, i do.

no one with a real job can go out all night protesting and then go back to work and still have a job.

dont be naive.

#44   TTUVAPOR

TTUVAPOR

• 1,795 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:19 AM

http://americannews....he-is-finished/

uh oh..

#45   pharmassists

pharmassists

*Pharmacist

• Premium

• 2,447 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:28 AM

imagine if trump won the popular vote but still lost. i guarantee the riots would be as big if not bigger

Trump voters have jobs so not likely 🤣

#46   GirlfriendHaver

GirlfriendHaver

• 2,824 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:28 AM

yes, i do.

no one with a real job can go out all night protesting and then go back to work and still have a job.

dont be naive.

yes they absolutely can. not only is there plenty of time after a normal work day to protest, but the people who are out there the ENTIRE night can and do get to work the next day. they might be tired but they can do it. I know i've never had a problem getting to work after going out on a weeknight or a midnight video game release

#47   GirlfriendHaver

GirlfriendHaver

• 2,824 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:36 AM

Trump voters have jobs so not likely

so do hillary supporters. this is a dumb argument 

#48   TTUVAPOR

TTUVAPOR

• 1,795 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:36 AM

yes they absolutely can. not only is there plenty of time after a normal work day to protest, but the people who are out there the ENTIRE night can and do get to work the next day. they might be tired but they can do it. I know i've never had a problem getting to work after going out on a weeknight or a midnight video game release

try explaining that to a real boss at a real job.... i got arrested, so i wont. be coming in today.

and wtf with all these people crying... so freaking pathetic.

#49   GirlfriendHaver

GirlfriendHaver

• 2,824 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:39 AM

try explaining that to a real boss at a real job.... i got arrested, so i wont. be coming in today.

and wtf with all these people crying... so freaking pathetic.

what is a 'real job?' genuinely confused by what you mean with this. and only a few protesters are getting arrested? you can protest without getting arrest ya know

#50   pharmassists

pharmassists

*Pharmacist

• Premium

• 2,447 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:39 AM

so do hillary supporters. this is a dumb argument

I can guarantee you the ones rioting live off the government and are more afraid of losing their benefits than anything else.