Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Nintendo Switch Discussion

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1   CyReN

CyReN
  • Admin

• 17,094 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:08 AM

#2   Synyster

Synyster

• 1,985 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:32 AM

I don't know if I'd ever buy one but the concept is exciting.

#3   Fedora

Fedora

• 171 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:57 AM

As a big nintendo guy and a loyal supporter of the Ps Vita, I'm super excited about this.

#4   Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

• 2,764 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:01 AM

I don't know if I'd ever buy one but the concept is exciting.

This is my answer to everything

#5   Simplicityyy

Simplicityyy

• 1,050 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 12:02 PM

Looks....weird. Like an upgraded Wii U. The little controllers are cute, though. Their Switch Pro is just an Xbox One controller without the curve near the charge port. Maybe its because I am not a Nintendo fan. Not to say I hate Nintendo...because I don't. Its that I have barely played any Nintendo games in my life.

#6   Riddler

Riddler

• 4,481 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:46 PM

if it can sync with other consoles without wifi then it can be pretty hype. being able to play multiplayer on 1 portable. how has no1 thought of this before?

Also... is it just me, or does it look like 1 leg won't be enough to keep it standing while on a plane or car ride. I feel like it would fall over.

#7   EagleBurn

EagleBurn

• 6,325 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:44 PM

Cool concept but my max for this is $250, especially since it's all but confirmed that the pro controller will be sold separately.

#8   lofike

lofike

Mind In progress

• Premium

• 1,976 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:27 PM

can i swap my wiiu for this? 

This is so much more useful than the wii u. (being able to carry it around easily)  ( Assuming everything runs smooth, and the battery doesn't die after 30 minutes.)

#9   logan

logan

• 1,348 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:49 AM

it's crazy to think that the wii u costs $300 still and this is about to come out

#10   Bassman

Bassman

• 318 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:31 AM

Just wanted to say:

When I was about 13 (around the time the Wii came out) and really into Nintendo I suggested on the Nintendo Power forums that Nintendo should invest into cartridges, because in a lot of ways, they make more sense than disks (getting bigger all the time, no/minimal load times, harder to break). I spent the next couple days being berated by commenters for how dumb I was (including one person who said I had the mental capacity of a half dead rodent). Glad I got the last laugh :simms:

#11   Dalahi Lama

Dalahi Lama

• 1,270 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:37 AM

Just wanted to say:

When I was about 13 (around the time the Wii came out) and really into Nintendo I suggested on the Nintendo Power forums that Nintendo should invest into cartridges, because in a lot of ways, they make more sense than disks (getting bigger all the time, no/minimal load times, harder to break). I spent the next couple days being berated by commenters for how dumb I was (including one person who said I had the mental capacity of a half dead roden). Glad I got the last laugh :simms:

Not dumb at all, cartridges have more space, they make no noise, they are faster than disks and you don't have to worry about scratches. Cartridges are miles better but people just don't make their research and spit dumb crap.

#12   Bassman

Bassman

• 318 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:41 AM

Not dumb at all, cartridges have more space, they make no noise, they are faster than disks and you don't have to worry about scratches. Cartridges are miles better but people just don't make their research and spit dumb crap.

I also once made the suggestion that Nintendo make a Wii Pro edition. Make it black, give it twice the hard drive space, and bundle it with an extra game. Once again got berated only to have Nintendo do that exact thing with the Wii U. BUT, to be fair, I was a dumb little shit in that message board too. Wii fanboy wouldn't even begin to describe it (although that phase quickly ended as soon as the console launched). Being 13 is quite an experience to go through.

As for my thoughts on the Switch, I'm actually really excited for it. The Wii U just never had any excitement around it for me, and it was just laughable watching Nintendo trip and stumble through the next 4 years trying to support it. The Switch is a great idea, and I think it's a great way to capitalize on tablets that the Wii U never did. And I can only imagine what it would have been like to bring my Switch over to my friends house and be able to play local multiplayer with the detachable controller and all. I would have been over the moon. The games have to be right this time around though. All of the Wii U games felt like handheld experiences to me. There were no grand adventures like I remember having on the N64 and GameCube.

#13   Bionic Cell

Bionic Cell

• 328 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:52 AM

The switch is going to sell very well 100% because of Zelda releasing along side with it. If there's a new smash or some other very popular games that release within a few months of its release it will probably sell more in 6 months than the wii u did its entire lifespan. That and the idea around the switch is awesome, just imagine how easy it will be to wreck your friends in a game they think they're better at  :glasses:

#14   Bassman

Bassman

• 318 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:42 PM

The switch is going to sell very well 100% because of Zelda releasing along side with it. If there's a new smash or some other very popular games that release within a few months of its release it will probably sell more in 6 months than the wii u did its entire lifespan. That and the idea around the switch is awesome, just imagine how easy it will be to wreck your friends in a game they think they're better at :glasses:

It looks like Nintendo will be releasing "improved ports" to keep people happy until more games can come out. Like, they'll release a DLC complete Smash with a few extra features and characters rather than waiting for a new Smash game to be done. That looks like what they're doing with Splatoon, Mario Kart, and Smash. And those games will probably come relatively quickly after launch

#15   Snipe Three

Snipe Three

• 3,076 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:33 AM

I have serious doubts about performance vs battery life in that small container. 

#16   Bassman

Bassman

• 318 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:01 AM

I have serious doubts about performance vs battery life in that small container. 

I wonder when tech companies are going to realize that sometimes power and battery life HAVE to come over form factor. I'd much rather have a device that's on par with the Xbone or PS4 (if it's not, it's third party support will suffer) power wise, or have something that will last a decent amount of time than I would have something that's thin in my hand. I mean, it's cool that it's compact, but I could do with a couple extra mm if it meant better performance or battery life. Same thing with phones.

#17   Dalahi Lama

Dalahi Lama

• 1,270 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:00 PM

Nintendo is saving gaming in an hour twitch.tv/nintendo

#18   EagleBurn

EagleBurn

• 6,325 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:10 PM

Not impressed at all. The only worthwhile launch game is Zelda and even with how great it looks, it's not enough for me to spend $300 + $70 for the Pro controller. Let me know when Smash comes out and maybe a new Metroid (lol) and then $370 might be justified.

#19   TTUVAPOR

TTUVAPOR

• 1,795 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

Not impressed at all. The only worthwhile launch game is Zelda and even with how great it looks, it's not enough for me to spend $300 + $70 for the Pro controller. Let me know when Smash comes out and maybe a new Metroid (lol) and then $370 might be justified.

im shocked there isnt a mario launch game.

as for the prices... i do think they need to re-evaluate, consumers are already thinking...it's too costly a system.

I was excited to pre order but im going to wait now. the nintendo website on switch is super confusing... there's no straight forward answer of here is what you get out of the box for this price.

and the free games per month only available for that month... that is a load of bs.

Nintendoneeds to really question their executive board members decision-making.

#20   El Vortex

El Vortex

[Insert Title Here]

• Premium

• 3,299 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

Black Friday  bundle for me.

#21   Dalahi Lama

Dalahi Lama

• 1,270 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:32 PM

Best console of the decade paired with GOTY, preordered.

#22   2pro4show

2pro4show

• 1,044 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:57 PM

Presentation was super underwhelming. The games lineup is simply awful, paid online from Nintendo is a recipe for disaster, and the controllers/accessories are crazy expensive. No pack-in game either (how is 1 2 Switch not included... do they expect people to buy that standalone?).

The hardware is pretty good so it will do better than the Wii U. But this thing has serious problems.

Breath of the Wild looks like it's gonna be one of the best games of all time though. Everything they've ever shown of it has blown me away. It looks incredible.

#23   TTUVAPOR

TTUVAPOR

• 1,795 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:11 PM

Presentation was super underwhelming. The games lineup is simply awful, paid online from Nintendo is a recipe for disaster, and the controllers/accessories are crazy expensive. No pack-in game either (how is 1 2 Switch not included... do they expect people to buy that standalone?).

The hardware is pretty good so it will do better than the Wii U. But this thing has serious problems.

Breath of the Wild looks like it's gonna be one of the best games of all time though. Everything they've ever shown of it has blown me away. It looks incredible.

I watched for the first time tonight about 30 mins of the presentation from last night...I noticed they said you can have a micro usb cable connected to keep the joycons charged...that's cool.

Then I noticed when they talked about online...they kept saying your smart device...which leads me to believe...you'll need a separate device from the Switch to do the online functionality like inviting friends, sending messages, etc?

I'm sure our phones will do this, but it's weird to see them say a smart device outside of the Switch will do majority of the online functionality.

#24   arglactable

arglactable

• 1,934 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:03 AM

I'll buy a Nintendo home console when they make a real Metroid game and not a second sooner.

#25   Toa Axis

Toa Axis

I don't like Dan Brown

• 332 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:32 AM

Honestly, I hate being a pessimist, but this thing is looking like a mess.

First of all, the pricing for everything is outrageous.

$50 for a Joy Con?

$70 for a Pro Controller?

$90 for the dock?

That's ON TOP of the $300 asking price. So if you want a Switch, Zelda, and a Pro Controller, that's $430 goddamn dollars.

The launch line up as looking rather anemic as well. Outside of Zelda, there isn't anything that enticing, really. A good number of the other games are available on other platforms, as well. Zelda is the only system seller they have at launch (and even then, its on Wii U). Also, how on Earth did Mario Kart 8 Deluxe miss launch? That should have been nailed down IMO. Better it come out finished than a buggy mess, I suppose, but it's still rather disappointing.

There were also several titles announced that had barely started production (Shin Megami Tensei), or have no release window (FE Warriors). This is more of a general game developer thing, but I wish devs would stop announcing games when they have little to show. It felt like they were padding the conference out with a few projects that have barely begun development.

The subscription is sucky, too. Not enough games to justify it, and we get monthly rentals of retro games. Yippee.

With the initial trailer, I thought Nintendo had gotten it. A clear message, an enticing concept, and all the Nintendo games on one system. But the mistakes they've made recently overshadow any confidence I might have had back then. I'll be holding off at launch, and be waiting for more games and a price drop.

Ridiculous.

Mario Oddessy and Zelda look great though.