Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Esports Arena: Halo CE, Shadowrun, TF2 Tournament 1/21-1/22

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#1   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 5,147 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:37 PM

POPULAR

REGISTRATION IS NOW LIVEhttps://youstake.com/evtreg

Donations towards prize pool is also live

Halo - https://youstake.com/projects?PID=1844

Shadowrun - https://youstake.com/projects?PID=1849 PRIZE POOL NOW $750

PH3fxIV.jpg

This January 21st and 22nd history will be made out at the Esports Arena in Santa Ana, California. They are hosting an FPS event called Rewind 2017, which will focus on some timeless skill based shooters. Halo CE and Shadowrun are considered some of the deepest and most skill based FPS on console. The following details are up on their webpage:

http://esportsarena....ary/Rewind.html

Here is a Discord Server for people going. Made 11/14/16, it's a work in progress.

https://discord.gg/YKyK9fU

FPS REWIND 2017

"It’s time to turn back the clocks a bit and bring back some of the most competitive PC and Console shooters of the last decade. These games may be older, but they’re as competitive as ever with some of the most passionate communities in Esports. Come out and experience everything Team Fortress 2, Halo:CE, and Shadowrun has to offer. If you aren’t familiar with every game, now is the time to get involved and learn from some of the best players in the world."

Weekend LAN + Tournament Schedule

Fri - Open 4:00pm - Midnight. Schedule is completely open for our event to come hang out, meet each other and LAN.

Saturday  9:00am - Midnight - Halo CE FFA - Shadowrun 4v4 - Team Fortess 2

Sunday  - 9:00am - Midnight - Halo CE 2v2 - Team Fortress 2 - Possible Shadowrun 2v2

Team Fortress 2: Invitational

• $2,000+ Prize Pool
  • January 21-22, 2017
  • Start Time: 10:00am

Halo CE: FFA

• $200+ Prize Pool
  • Saturday, January 21, 2017
  • Start Time: 10:00am
  • Entry: $10/player
  • Equipment: Classic Xbox + CRT TVs + Neutral Host Edition

Halo CE: 2v2

• $1000+ Prize Pool
  • January 21-22, 2017
  • Start Time: Immediately following FFA
  • Entry: $50/team
  • Equipment: Classic Xbox + CRT TVs + Neutral Host Edition

Shadowrun: Main Tournament- 4v4 

• $500+ Prize Pool - minimum
  • Sunday, January 22, 2017
  • Start time: 10:00am
  • Entry: TBD - they have a number planned but I have to talk some stuff over.

Shadowrun: Side Tournaments 

• 2v2, Newbie+Veteran, 1v1's to determine the best class, etc.
  • Saturday, January 21, 2017
  • Prize pool ~$250 spread between the tournaments (donated by @pinpointassoc)
  • Entry - TBD

Hotel Info:

To book in our block, call 1-800-642-4239, Option 1. Ask for Orange County - Santa Ana, 2721 Hotel Terrace location. The special rate is still under Rewind.

Hotel Address:
2721 Hotel Terrace / phone: (714) 540-1111

Arrival Date: 1/19/2017
Departure Date: 1/23/2017
Guest Room Rates:

• Standard Room with 2 Beds:$99 per room, per night, plus tax (room comes with microwave and mini fridge)
  • Standard King Room w/ sleeper sofa: $99 per room, per night, plus tax (no microwave or mini fridge)

Reservations must be made no later than 12/29/2016 in order to guarantee this special rate.

Here's what happened.

The original hotel given to us by La Quinta was in Costa Mesa. IF YOU BOOKED AT THIS ADDRESS IN COSTA MESA, TRANSFER YOUR RESERVATION- 1515 S Coast Dr, Costa Mesa, CA 92626

As soon as I found out, I asked them to move it to the correct location we had originally requested (in Santa Ana, closer to the venue) the price went up to $99/night. Someone noticed this price is actually higher than the handicapped ADA rooms they're offering on their website, so I asked them to clarify why our group rate was higher than their own rate. Evidently we blocked all their regular rooms with our group rate, and the ADA ones are actually cheaper than the regular rooms, so $99 is the rate we get. We have up to 25 rooms at this location blocked off to book until the new year (well, 24, I just booked one). She also told me some people have already tried to book the rate and it didn't work, but it will work now. If you want to take the cheaper rate, you can do that, it doesn't hurt anything.

To book in our block, call 1-800-642-4239, Option 1. Ask for Orange County - Santa Ana, 2721 Hotel Terrace location. The special rate is still under Rewind.

Getting In:

The closest airport is John Wayne Airport (SNA). Other options include Long Beach Municipal (LGB) and Los Angeles International (LAX). Both are a bit further away but may be cheaper to get in. LAX is approximately 45 minutes from the venue.

Parking:

Downtown Santa Ana Parking Guide: http://www.downtown-...Parking-Map.pdf

Venue Address is:

120 W. 5th St
Santa Ana, CA 92701

They are in the process of finalizing the details for this event, including the schedule and prize money. Right now the prize money listed is the minimum that is guaranteed, but can increase by donating to the prize pools. I hope to get the donation info up asap, but it sounds like we will be using the platform Matcherino to raise the money. As EsportsArena get's closer to finalizing, they can explain the donation incentive better. Through Matcherino, players can donate X amount of money and receive Y prize for reaching that goal. Over time I will update this thread and make things look better and provide more information. Prize Money and payout breakdown, tournaments, rules and schedule all to come sometime soon.

Shadowrun might not be a game many here are experienced with. It's definitely worth playing but just has a very steep learning curve. MLG considers both Shadowrun and Halo CE to be two of the greatest console shooters ever made. We plan to get a decent number of teams despite the games age, but encourage everyone attending to give it a try. We will have plenty of people there willing to help out new players. It might just be the most fun you have had in a shooter in a long time. One way to incorporate new players is to play 8v8's, something that I don't believe has happened on LAN. Unlike BTB in Halo, this is still very competitive and balanced.

Once details are finalized it should be much easier to get a list of people who are interested in attending. There is another Beach LAN in December, as well as two decent sized LANs in January so it might be tough for players to make it to the west coast, but I know many are interested pending the prize pool. Same goes for Shadowrun. Any questions? Ideas? Please let me know!

Big thanks to NTG Free - @ for figuring out who might be attending the Halo CE portion.

Halo CE players interested:

1. Teapot
  2. Elamite Warrior
  3. Fr33
  4. garthanx
  5. Twisted M
  6. Lowk (presumably)
  7. eep (presumably)
  8. chumpp
  9. BobbyBlitz
  10. Doughboy
  11. Prime
  12. CodyDragon
  13. MiGhtY
  14. glokz (presumably)
  15. Reynation (presumably)
  16. Cha0sDaNinja
  17. HeLLBoY (if he gets a teammate)
  18. Cujjer
  19. NistiC
  20. TheSPFXmaN
  21. Zodiak
  22. BrianGOON
  23. Shazzbott
  24. Relo - needs partner

Possible:

1. sn1pysn4p
  2. [[-TEAMWORK-]]
  3. Autotheos
  4. McDick
  5. PhatBastrd
  6. dylantrey
  7. )Z(German
  8. Soulja

Shadowrun players interested:

1. Teapot
  2. Pinpoint
  3. Elamite Warrior
  4. Shawnee
  5. Vertigo
  6. Reflex
  7. HersheySquirt
  8. Bumjamas (Reaxtion)
  9. iMarkJeezy
  10. No Name Gamer
  11. Shaba
  12. Jurrassick
  13. Majin
  14. Sokoto
  15. Murdok
  16. Zenruken?
  17. Killa
  18. GC2MT
  19. Sirissss
  20. Nistic
  21. Hustler
  22. Murdok
  23. Sinful Hollowz
  24. Proffian

If you have interest in checking out the Team Fortress 2 aspect you can check out and discuss their portion of the event over on their forums. It looks like the member B4nny is organizing their portion and everything looks good so far. Here's their thread, there's a decent number of players that are interested in both Halo CE and Shadowrun. Of course, nobody here is obligated to play in anything they don't want to, but I personally think it's a great class based shooter. They support us, we support them. As they get a list of their attendees/teams I will post them here.

http://www.teamfortress.tv/37099/tf2-rewind-lan-at-esports-arena-jan-21-22/?page=2

#2   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 5,147 posts

reserved

#3   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 5,147 posts

reserved

#4   VinnyMendoza

VinnyMendoza

• 2,093 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:56 PM

Let's pump up true competitive shooters and dump the trash that is Halo 5.

#5   AdamarLives

AdamarLives

Member of the Knights of Ren

• 210 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:57 PM

Awesome, really excited to see some SR being played at a high level again! Its been too long. 

#6   Killmachine

Killmachine

ULTIMATE GAMER

• Premium

• 4,470 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:00 PM

Support good games ya h5 kids ;P

#7   Edain

Edain

• 1,554 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

I'd love to attend this. We will see.

#8   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 5,147 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:33 PM

Shadowrun was absolutely a game a head of it's time. When it was on the circuit there were more active players but they were playing a game that was not even close to being figured out. Hopefully with this event we can showcase how much the game had changed since the 07 circuit.

#9   zZunair

zZunair

• 4,103 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:57 PM

Super excited for the lan, especially Shadowrun since I dont think a legit LAN has happened in a long time. Gonna be definitely watching this

Let's pump up true competitive shooters and dump the trash that is Halo 5.

I mean I dont see the problem of supporting both games or liking both games. No need for a us vs them mentality

#10   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 5,147 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:42 PM

If anything, Halo 5 players might enjoy checking out Shadowrun or Halo fans in general will be able to see what ideas and elements were taken from the Shadowrun FPS and incorporated into Halo.

#11   jamaican117

jamaican117
  • Premium

• 2,368 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:44 PM

I see Tf2?? If I was out there I'd def come for that. CE is great but I never played on console only PC and I'm bad with controllers :P 

Be super fun to watch thou. 

#12   zZunair

zZunair

• 4,103 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:51 PM

If anything, Halo 5 players might enjoy checking out Shadowrun or Halo fans in general will be able to see what ideas and elements were taken from the Shadowrun FPS and incorporated into Halo.

Agreed. A lot of my local players back when Reach was active LOVED Shadowrun. They always wanted to LAN the game and really appreciated the game. A lot of Halo players like Shadowrun (at least the ones I talked to). Haven't heard anyone bad mouth SR at all from my time in the halo scene. Games generally looked at very positively

#13   Busby Berkeley

Busby Berkeley

• 205 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:28 PM

I will absolutely try to head down to spectate, it's about an hour and a half drive for me.  I wish I had more experience lanning h1.  

Is there any way to learn shadowrun these days?  

#14   PINPOINTASSOC

PINPOINTASSOC

• 16 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:47 PM

We play online daily. Jump on and I and others would gladly show you stuff

#15   zZunair

zZunair

• 4,103 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:52 PM

I will absolutely try to head down to spectate, it's about an hour and a half drive for me. I wish I had more experience lanning h1.

Theres a discord for Shadowrun here and some players in the community can help you out I would think

https://discord.gg/B4PdYnD

#16   ZenMaster61

ZenMaster61

• 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

When exactly is the Beach LAN in December? I looked and couldn't find any posts about it

#17   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 5,147 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:12 PM

I will absolutely try to head down to spectate, it's about an hour and a half drive for me.  I wish I had more experience lanning h1.  

I could help you out with both but for shadowrun either join the discord or send me a F/R on Xbox. There'd be plenty of people willing to help you out both online and at the event.

When exactly is the Beach LAN in December? I looked and couldn't find any posts about it

Theres no information yet for this publicly. I'll most likely make a thread on it here but idk if I'll attend due to this event. I know BL5.5 has less players attending since its invite only but if I remember the list correctly it's all top tier players.

edit: december 10th-17th i believe

#18   ZenMaster61

ZenMaster61

• 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:44 PM

I could help you out with both but for shadowrun either join the discord or send me a F/R on Xbox. There'd be plenty of people willing to help you out both online and at the event.

Theres no information yet for this publicly. I'll most likely make a thread on it here but idk if I'll attend due to this event. I know BL5.5 has less players attending since its invite only but if I remember the list correctly it's all top tier players.

edit: december 10th-17th i believe

Thanks for the info.  I live in Alabama so it's pretty close for me.  I would've tried to go to the one in August but I didn't find out about Team Beyond or Beach LAN until just here recently.  Hopefully I can practice up and make it next year.  I doubt I'll be very competitive since I've only ever played with the few people I know around here but it'd be nice just to play with different people.

#19   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 4,501 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:58 PM

This is really exciting. I'm wondering if @CodyDragon knows about this or will be involved.

#20   Phade

Phade

Esports Arena

• 404 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:04 PM

This is really exciting. I'm wondering if @ knows about this or will be involved.

He does, and he will be.

#21   PINPOINTASSOC

PINPOINTASSOC

• 16 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:21 PM

shadowrun-20070530061508242-2007572.jpg

Shadowrun seems perfect for a Weedmaps.com Sponsorship!!!!!

Interesting old post:

Sage - Shadowrun combat its less about perfect aiming, and more about superior position. You choose when you enter and when you leave combat. It is a constant chess match to maneuver into situations where you have the advantage. In Halo 2, you win the fight, or you die. Halo 2 is all about your aiming skill, and it’s difficult to disengage once a fight starts.

Bill – Halo 2's multiplayer was very focused on 'fair competition'--visible player skill levels, had to play new opponents after every match ended, etc. Shadowrun's multiplayer is more focused on social play--you can play with the same opponents after the match is over, no visible skill (although we still matchmake according to player skill) and strong team work is required to win. And of course, we stole Halo 2's party system, 'cause it rules.

#22   NAK

NAK

• 1,157 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:03 PM

This is really exciting. I'm wondering if @ knows about this or will be involved.

Wish they could fly you in to cast CE lol. Your Beach LAN casting was pretty great.  :holmes:

#23   Busby Berkeley

Busby Berkeley

• 205 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:38 AM

I will look into getting a copy soon and try to take you up on that at some point.  I didn't know if there were any sort of population left.  I had friends that were into back when it came out, but I never played it.  The way people talk about it and the gameplay I've seen make me want to give it a shot.  I'd like to at least understand what I'm spectating in January.  

#24   PINPOINTASSOC

PINPOINTASSOC

• 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:41 AM

http://www.ign.com/w...shadowrun/Races

#25   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Super Fruit

• Premium

• 7,046 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:50 AM

Who's organizing this, exactly?