Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Halo 5 Map Idea? Prefabs?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1   Ciutchism

Ciutchism

• 740 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:22 AM

Honestly with these prefabs now we can basically export half a map right? I'm going to find a good pit remake and good construct remake. Put the top half of construct copy pasted above the pit. And make sword from pit lift up to sword from construct. Then I'm going to make long hall have an indented lift up to top gold. Gonna be cray.

#2   Ravenality

Ravenality

• 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:29 PM

Not the exact same idea as you but similar in that I thought mixing parts of good older maps could make for an interesting map. I tried to balance it still for halo 5 gameplay but holding true to some aspects of the original map they were part of. I just finished the first version (will continuously update if i find issues or better optimization of weapons, spawns, etc). I took the main bridge part of Halo 3 Narrows, kept the rocket launcher bottom mid but changed the sides of the base. To the right side I have the BR tower from Halo 2 Lockout. Where BR 2 normally leads out into top mid of lockout there's a launcher that sends you across the map parallel to the narrows' bridge. The landing area is the Armory from Halo 5 Warzone. Lots of close range areas and tactical jumps and clamber tricks. Really happy with the map layout but haven't had much chance to test gameplay yet.

#3   Sebastian

Sebastian

• 505 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:36 PM

With a little stretching, you could almost have the snipe lifts on Pit be the side lifts on Construct as well. Then Construct's streets essentially replace that Attic area that had to be blocked off above the bases.

What would you do with the main wall going down the center of Pit though? I could see that the wall dividing Training kind of being support structure for top center on the Construct segment, but I feel that top center would have to end near green / rocket hall. Which means you might have to delete the portion of the Pit wall that fills in between Rocket Hall and Long hall. Maybe you could just cut that wall out entirely. You'd likely move Rockets to top center anyway, so you don't need that wall for the little indent that Rockets spawn in on the Pit. So instead you delete the wall entirely, and make it a big trench leading to the gold lift. Then long hall would be more like G1, in the sense that the gold lift starts underneath long hall but long hall still has an entrance you can jump into. 

Could definitely be pretty cool. 

#4   fascination

fascination

• 80 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:42 AM

That sounds like a premeditated construct with no weapons... Give a good connection... Lol

#5   cynical

cynical

• 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:15 AM

Station 9 remake would be great :-D