Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Join Beyond Premium for extra forum features
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Star Wars Discussion

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#226   EagleBurn

EagleBurn

"Arena"

• VIP

• 6,242 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:48 PM

True... I'm still bummed that it didn't have PvP multiplayer. Would've been closest to CE in the series.

CE PvP was a mistake in Bungie's eyes. Halo is never going back to that. Everyone in the Halo forum lives in a salt mine knowing this. You're welcome to join us!

Also, The Empire Strikes Back trailer in The Last Jedi style. It's pretty good.

#227   calberto

calberto

• 936 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

http://www.vanityfai...cover-portfolio

star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss02.jpg

#228   calberto

calberto

• 936 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

I've never really been into Formula One but this is an amazing way of celebrating 40 years of SW

#229   EagleBurn

EagleBurn

"Arena"

• VIP

• 6,242 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

http://www.hollywood...rectors-1015419

The two directors of the Han Solo film, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, have dropped out of the movie 3 weeks before filming!

WHAT.

THE.

FUCK.

I kind of hope this movie gets cancelled. Here is a comment I read on reddit that describes my opinons perfectly on a Han Solo film.

"Given that Han Solo is the film's protagonist, he's probably going to be depicted as a hero in some sense. The problem with this is that Han isn't a hero when he's first introduced in Episode IV. He's selfish and arrogant and only becomes a hero as his character develops.

I fear the prequel is going to water down his character."

Edit: They had 3 weeks left of filming.

Edit 2:

This is looking baddddddddd

#230   calberto

calberto

• 936 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

"Lord and Miller (21 Jump Street, The Lego Movie) have a comedic sensibility and improvisational style while Kasdan favors a strict adherence to the written word — what is on the page is what must be shot. The creative clash, according to one insider, also came down to differences in understanding the character of Han Solo. “People need to understand that Han Solo is not a comedic personality. He’s sarcastic and selfish,” said that source.

The friction was felt almost immediately when the movie began shooting in February, sources say, but the directors always thought it could be worked through. Kennedy, the producer and head of Lucasfilm, decided to back her lifelong colleague, who shaped much of Solo’s character in Empire and ‪Return of the Jedi and who had a specific tone in mind for the new movie. The duo also didn’t feel they had the support of producer Allison Shearmur, who was acting as Lucasfilm’s representative on the London set." http://www.hollywood...e-fired-1015474

It seems to me, like Disney had to send them away to save the movie. The timing could have been better but it would have been worse to release a movie with the fan favorite main character beeing "water down" as you quoted.

#231   Tubmas

Tubmas

• 2,025 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:44 AM

Ron Howard apparantly taking over now. http://www.hollywood...medium=referral

I don't think I ever liked the idea of a Han Solo film anyways. Mainly for similar reasons to those in EagleBurn's post. Would've much preferred a Obi-Wan film with Ewan McCregor hanging out on Tatooine. Maybe something like Yojimbo/A Fistful of Dollars but in Mos Eisley idk.

#232   DoxGhost

DoxGhost

• 235 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

Is there any hope for the Solo movie? I kinda hope Disney just starts over and delays the film, but that might conflict with their release schedule.

Edit: Going to say something blasphemous here, but I don't like the ideas of a Solo and Obi-Wan movie. What is Obi-Wan going to do now after Rebels Season 3?