Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to other members
  • Share your thoughts on Halo, Destiny, Call of Duty and Gaming News
  • Talk about upcoming Halo and Call of Duty tournaments
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Beyond Entertainment Valentine's Weekend Tournament!

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1   Clicked

Clicked

Tournament Director

• Admin

• 119 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

POPULAR

Valentines Day Tournament Teams

1. PermaFir3 - UI Fir3, Bflauch
2. Shrug it off - RagedScavenger, A2K Dark Demon
3. BK Scrubs - Lemon Sherpa, jonahmlg2
4. Resistance - jiranchi, Constantly1shot
5. High Society - DH GregoR, DOA Bruh Bruh
6. Mongolian Wildebeests - On3 K, oSo MiLe Hi
7. Out of CTRL - Dominator,  GodSquad GuN
8. Team EmBRace: iLeBz, sF iiCeD
9. All Star Scrubs: Bob Scrubs, Dometapperrome
10. Warriors - Innocents, RhipeN
11. 2014 Kids - Fhrosty, Wheelmvn
12. Biology Class - Im Revium, Shiveren 
13. Darkest Hour - G00FYY, Naded
14. Mainstaged - Pharmahcy, Embearrass
15. WbN - RG The God, Zadias 
16. Knee - Russo Jetpacks, aRkCaNiNe
17. VwS Legendary - WinntuR, Svspector
18. Incubus - Elations Arrow, Enjoy Morrissey

19. Severance - Gabriel SvR, Tk Sosa

20. Valentines Day - Coolestfoil05, unwinshedgnat8 

21. La Dolce Vita - El Town, Exemplify JL

If you do not plan on competing you can also donate to the prize pool if you wish by clicking here.

WHEN:

• February 15th & 16th (Saturday & Sunday)

BRACKET INFO:

• Double Elimination
  • 32 team limit ( Can accommodate more if needed)
  • Online tournament

ENTRY:

• $24 Per Team - Paid by one member of the team
  • Paypal Only
  • Find further instructions below

SETTINGS:

We will be using the Halo 2v2 GameBattles dispute policies so please refer to this link for more information on disputes and cheating. Please note that all disputes will be handled by Beyond Entertainment staff and the results of those decisions will be final.  If you are caught cheating you will be permanently banned from the website and forum until the end of time. (Don't cheat.. We're trying to save Halo.)  

The settings and maps listed below must be used for tournament play and cannot be edited except the score to win must be set to 25.

• Game 1: MLG Team Slayer on MLG Guardian
  • Game 2: MLG Team Slayer on MLG Heretic
  • Game 3: MLG Team Slayer on MLG The Pit

PRIZE POOL: ( With 32 Teams )

• 1st:   $288
  • 2nd:  $144
  • 3rd:   $86
  • 4th:   $58

REQUIREMENTS:

• You must live in the United States or Canada.
  • If you live in one of the following locations, you may not compete in tournaments with cash prizes for legal reasons. Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, and Quebec.
  • You must have a Beyond Entertainment Forum account.
  • You must have ONE player pay the $24 dollar entry fee through Paypal.
  • You must be available on February 15th & February 16th to play your matches.
  • You must have the Mythic 2 DLC or Halo 3: ODST to play the map Heretic.

SCHEDULE: 

For the WInter Classic, we experimented with allowing teams to schedule their own times for their matches. While most teams followed this format with no major issues or delays, we're going to try a more rigid schedule this time. If you can't play from 3:00 PM EST to 10:30 PM on Saturday and from 3:00 PM EST to 7:30 PM on Sunday, please don't register for this tournament. We had a few cases of teams signing up for the Winter Classic and not being available for huge chunks of time which ended up in a disqualification. We won't be offering refunds or any sort of compensation this time.

l4cezUd.png

#2   Clicked

Clicked

Tournament Director

• Admin

• 119 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Please note that for this tournament, any spam or disrespectful posts or messages towards staff may result in a disqualification. Our staff has been very polite and patient with anyone with tournament issues, but hopefully this new rule will encourage better behavior and cooperation in the future. If you are participating in the tournament and have a problem or any questions, please contact me on Twitter at @xClicked or PM me on Beyond.

#3   Frosty

Frosty

• 1,179 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

I really don't want to get first rounded because of host again :/ Wish it was reach but not complaining

#4   Saucey

Saucey

WE BACK FOR REALS

• Admin

• 2,020 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

I really don't want to get first rounded because of host again :/ Wish it was reach but not complaining

Double Elim this time due to popular demand 

#5   Korrupt

Korrupt

• 624 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

Nice to see you've left EU out again, nothing you can do for the teams wanting to compete from EU?

#6   LimeSoda

LimeSoda

• 993 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Good, informative, OP. I'm glad to see a donate button as well! Hopefully this tournament will be even bigger due to the (potentially) increased prize pool.

#7   Frosty

Frosty

• 1,179 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

POPULAR

Double Elim this time due to popular demand 

Thank jesus dear lord baby christ and the holy ghost

#8   One

One

BANNED

• Banned

• 147 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

When will we do this for Reach MLG v7 settings?

#9   Clicked

Clicked

Tournament Director

• Admin

• 119 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

Nice to see you've left EU out again, nothing you can do for the teams wanting to compete from EU?

I'll try to be as open as possible so we can maybe work something out for the EU crowd.

Our original plan was to have a Halo: Reach tournament for both NA and EU players. The main problem here is scheduling. If a team from California plays against a team from London, there's an 8 hour difference between them if I remember correctly.

Currently, Halo 3 just simply doesn't work well with EU vs NA. I'd love to run an EU tournament on its own, but I'm not sure if it will sell enough passes. If you have any information or solutions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

#10   UI Fir3

UI Fir3

• 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

Just bought a pass, forgot to add my our gamertags and beyond usernames. 

Team Name: PermaFir3

GT: UI Fir3; Forum name is: UI Fir3

GT: Bflauch; Forum name is: Bflauch

#11   Clicked

Clicked

Tournament Director

• Admin

• 119 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Just bought a pass, forgot to add my our gamertags and beyond usernames. 

GT: UI Fir3

Can you PM all of that info? Thanks!

#12   Jay

Jay

• 78 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

"You must live in the United States or Canada."

Again...?

Hopefully this is as entertaining as the last one, was a good finals, glad the two guys who came second agreed for an all or nothing scenario, made it that much more exciting.

"I'll try to be as open as possible so we can maybe work something out for the EU crowd.", I hope this is true..

Last but not least, you ever thought of swapping Guardian out for something else? Just a total mauler fest, not that fun to watch. Amp/Narrows maybe? To all who say no to Amp because it's a foundry map, if it's US only then there should be no problems.

#13   Unyshek

Unyshek

Beyond Casual

• VIP

• 158 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

the first one was awesome to watch! Can't wait to see how this tournament turns out :)

#14   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 1,395 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

Gonna sit this one out too. Halo 3 2v2's just aren't my thing. I selected Halo 3 on the original poll but I would be interested in 4v4's, which I understand is harder to organize.

Good luck with this tournament as always.

#15   Furry

Furry

• 75 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

$24 is rather an unusual number hehe. If only I didn't suck at H3.... ah well. When can we we expecting Reach or H4 Tournaments? These seem to be going pretty well.

#16   Clicked

Clicked

Tournament Director

• Admin

• 119 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Gonna sit this one out too. Halo 3 2v2's just aren't my thing. I selected Halo 3 on the original poll but I would be interested in 4v4's, which I understand is harder to organize.

Good luck with this tournament as always.

On our end, 4v4s wouldn't be hard to organize at all. It's really up to the players to be able to find time and play. The main issue, in my opinion, is that there wouldn't be enough teams to even play a decent 4v4 online tournament. I could be wrong though.

#17   ShadowHD09

ShadowHD09

• 1,489 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

Again...?

What? You want Mexico too? Yeah, it could be entertaining to see how Mexican host works out  :kappa: Just joking.

#18   Jay

Jay

• 78 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

What? You want Mexico too? Yeah, it could be entertaining to see how Mexican host works out  :kappa: Just joking.

Yes I see how that is saying I want Mexican host..? Plus Mexican host is a LOT better for american's then europeans, lol.

#19   oh4

oh4

• 1,433 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

Yes I see how that is saying I want Mexican host..? Plus Mexican host is a LOT better for american's then europeans, lol.

its not cuz at least europeans generally have 10+ upload, with 20+ being the norm in most cases.

now mexican connections. You're lucky if they have .10upload.

I mean if you live in texas, arizona, then quite possibly. But the USA is a big place....

#20   Teapot

Teapot

FPS Guru

• Premium

• 1,395 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

On our end, 4v4s wouldn't be hard to organize at all. It's really up to the players to be able to find time and play. The main issue, in my opinion, is that there wouldn't be enough teams to even play a decent 4v4 online tournament. I could be wrong though.

I completely understand and agree. I haven't been involved in the halo 3 scene in quite some time so I have no idea how many teams can pull.

There's just something about halo 3 2v2s that I don't enjoy.

#21   AkaDemiK

AkaDemiK

• 1,862 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

Nice to see another tourney already being planned..good job on keeping competitive halo alive. Really wish Reach v7 could get a chance though.

Again...?

Hopefully this is as entertaining as the last one, was a good finals, glad the two guys who came second agreed for an all or nothing scenario, made it that much more exciting.

"I'll try to be as open as possible so we can maybe work something out for the EU crowd.", I hope this is true..

Last but not least, you ever thought of swapping Guardian out for something else? Just a total mauler fest, not that fun to watch. Amp/Narrows maybe? To all who say no to Amp because it's a foundry map, if it's US only then there should be no problems.

When will we do this for Reach MLG v7 settings?

If they used Reach (which has a way better netcode than H3) they could open the registration to other countries. 

#22   Korrupt

Korrupt

• 624 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

You should deffo try 4v4's, as long as you give 1-2 months notice and schedule it for a weekend I'm sure it will be ok.

Edit

I know you guys don't want EU teams in it 100% because of connection issues, but theres not much we can do, other than a beyond staff member from East cost host the game up and invite the two teams

Edited by Korrupt, 22 January 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#23   ShadowHD09

ShadowHD09

• 1,489 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

its not cuz at least europeans generally have 10+ upload, with 20+ being the norm in most cases.

now mexican connections. You're lucky if they have .10upload.

I mean if you live in texas, arizona, then quite possibly. But the USA is a big place....

The majority of mexicans have a download speed between 3 - 1 Mbps, while upload.. well... if they're lucky the might have .10 upload.
Playing against a Mexican with host is a pain in the butt to be completely honest. I live in Canada and yeah... 

Can you imagine a Canadian team against a Mexican team? where the Mexican team lives in western part of Mexico? 

I'm not against tournaments with other regions but we have to be thoughtful with the players. While the netcode in Reach is pretty decent... it might not matter depending on who is playing with who. European vs Mexican... Mother of god.

#24   Chig

Chig

Chiggin

• Pro Player

• 90 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

Won't be able to play this one. :(

#25   Zorniborni

Zorniborni

• 123 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

I'll try to be as open as possible so we can maybe work something out for the EU crowd.

Our original plan was to have a Halo: Reach tournament for both NA and EU players. The main problem here is scheduling. If a team from California plays against a team from London, there's an 8 hour difference between them if I remember correctly.

Currently, Halo 3 just simply doesn't work well with EU vs NA. I'd love to run an EU tournament on its own, but I'm not sure if it will sell enough passes. If you have any information or solutions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Why don't you try to get some information off of doju's 2v2 reach tournament? Also if I'm competing in an online tournament I'll be available from 12am to 12pm if necessary, I know not everyone will be able to do so but most should anyway (sry if I'm wrong but that's my take on that)so scheduling shouldn't be a problem