PGL H2 Tourney Header

Welcome to Beyond Entertainment

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to Beyond Entertainment, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Beyond Entertainment by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to other members
  • Share your thoughts on the Halo franchise with our active community
  • Talk about upcoming Halo tournaments and conventions
  • Send personal messages to other forum members
  • Stay up-to-date on our: Twitter, Facebook and Youtube

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Describe your favorite memory from a past Halo title

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1   PenguIndiana

PenguIndiana

• 442 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Title says it all ! It can be anything, from the first time you had discovered your favorite super bounce, or the time you had 8 of your friends playing BTB destroying to get a high rank in it. 

Mine would probably be beating my first pro team online in H3. It was Triggers Down when they had just came off of an event win. Or getting my first 25 by myself in Team Snipers on Halo 2. 

edit: actually it might have been when I found the flying dumpster glitch in H3 with my friend (Subonik) It was so ossim that we had Aft3rShocK capture and post it to H3F :B (the thread got dug on dig.com and the record for the most users ever online was broke with that !) Sadly the Mythica link was taken down because.....Mythica. I also had heard from someone that the glitch caught enough attention to be featured on G4. I think I heard AoTS at the time. Regardless if true or not, still cool =]

http://www.thehaloforum.com/videos/166511-new-vehicle-found-campaign.html

here's the youtube search results for all of the videos I had inspired LOL i just found this

http://www.youtube.c...ube.l_eOhL9bqKU

Halo 3 flying dumpster.........not to be confused with Halo: Reach dumpster video below... for the lulz

#2   Sam

Sam
  • Staff

• 5,153 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

The 1v1s on Prisoner vs my friend. That's what got me in to Halo. Good times. 

#3   menotyou135

menotyou135

• 1,120 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

My next door neighbor and I played Halo 1 all the time. He was significantly better than me and I wanted to beat him. Eventually I started to get close to him. I remember the first time I actually beat him. It was 24-24 on HeH and he was at blue shotgun. I ran across the catwalk to get the snipe (I didn't know how to nade it to myself at the time). He started pinging me and I was 1-shot. I jumped off and quick-scoped him while falling (he was 1-shot from a nade, but still). I got the kill just before landing and dying from fall damage, making me the victor. 

Another good memory I have is when me and one of my best friends first beat Halo 2 on legendary. We had beaten Halo 1, but since you could just respawn your friend when he died, it wasn't the same. Resetting to the last checkpoint when either of you died made it much harder and finally beating it was super satisfying. 

#4   Solarity

Solarity

• 573 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

H3 Guardian FFAs or 1v1s. Fucking around in BTB. Jenga and Infection on H3 as well. GT's

#5   JitteryBrah

JitteryBrah

Potato

• 789 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Playing halo 3 with my good friend back in my early college days.  We would binge on mountain dew, pizza, and halo till the wee hours.

#6   Faeyrin

Faeyrin

• 1,056 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

1v1 Sacrifice on Lava Pit in H3 with my best Xbox buddy back then. Fantastic times. 

#7   LJOSQUAREDL

LJOSQUAREDL

Beyond Editing Team

• VIP

• 264 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

18 hour H3 jam sessions at a friends house every Sunday. Lots of H2 memories at another friends house as well...both system link parties and Legendary campaign run thrus. Everyone has moved back to Magic cards or onto CoD/BF now:(

Also Sacrifice on Lava Pit;)

#8   Bromanjaro

Bromanjaro

• 85 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

I use to walk a mile almost everyday to my friends house to play Halo 3 online since I didn't have internet at the time. We'd play Duck Hunt customs for hours.

I miss those days.

#9   playdough

playdough

• 17 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

There are too many to count.  And none of them include Reach or H4.

#10   nyne

nyne

• 117 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Attending MLG Chicago 07, did terrible but it was such an awesome experience.

#11   Ghost on Bnet

Ghost on Bnet

• 153 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

I trolled a super tryhard nerd who was screaming at me at 50 high SWAT to a 1v1 SWAT Guardians. I turned off headshots and left all of the weapons on the map, so he kept getting killed by things like Needlers and the random Mauler. After I 15-1'd him (Random grenade blew up the Plasma coils behind me at S3) he challenged me to another 1v1, so I indulged him. Lo and behold, he brought out the holy grail of all SWAT maps, Orbital. I nearly died laughing at him while I proceeded to 15-0 him for making me waste my time. 

#12   Hard Way

Hard Way

Good Guy

• Premium

• 1,006 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Trying to get my naive team of shitty locals ready for mlg Columbus '12. They had never played mlg in their life. I taught them EVERYTHING. We started playing together in January and got together at the same house to practice twice a week until the event in late March. We made strats, I watched their film and gave them personalized tips, played on split screen... God it was just a blast. I had never been on an organized team before, and even though we were terrible, that was some really fun shit. Going out and getting drunk with my team after we got eliminated on Saturday was a good memory too.

#13   TheFunkyChickn

TheFunkyChickn

Child of The Fence

• Premium

• 861 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

One of my favorites was getting a quad bounce on Ascension, and getting a 28 in snipers on H2. 
Also, getting stuck at a 42 in almost every playlist in H3.
Countless hours of forging, and helping design a buddy's aesthetic map. Small achievement, but it was nominated on ForgeHub for aesthetic map of the year which was pretty cool too.
Tons of playthroughs of CE with my brothers and split-screen FFAs.
Oh, and waiting months for our neighbor's 360 to come in and spending days at his house all playing H2 together.

#14   BxSouljah

BxSouljah

BANNED

• Banned

• 873 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

1v1 Swords on Lockout every Friday night with my friend from school.

#15   Savagearbiter

Savagearbiter

• 249 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Playing 16 player Infection customs for 12 hours straight almost everyday for a whole summer. Miss it so much

#16   Albinoceros

Albinoceros

• 563 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

One of my friends and I found out some really precise and glitchy way to get an elephant to flip out of control and we freaked out. We reduplicated that over and over and freaked out each time. If it wasn't by accidently doing that, I wouldn't even be on this forum.

#17   LJOSQUAREDL

LJOSQUAREDL

Beyond Editing Team

• VIP

• 264 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

One of my friends and I found out some really precise and glitchy way to get an elephant to flip out of control and we freaked out. We reduplicated that over and over and freaked out each time. If it wasn't by accidently doing that, I wouldn't even be on this forum.

We used to put like 100 fusion coils down between the two structures on Sandtrap and then drop the Elephant on em...BOOM that thing went flying:)

#18   Schnn

Schnn
  • Premium

• 231 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

Going for a 50 in Team Slayer with one of my best friends from school.  Some of those games were just so intense.  

#19   Albinoceros

Albinoceros

• 563 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

We used to put like 100 fusion coils down between the two structures on Sandtrap and then drop the Elephant on em...BOOM that thing went flying:)

The elephant can either roll, or pitch to get upright. We found the point in between where they do both.

http://halo.bungie.n...ileid=114642241

#20   The InSan3 One

The InSan3 One

• 204 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

Got Halo 3 in 2008 first FPS of my life, a year later, deemed the best in my city/area. Unfortunately local people/friends don't like to play me anymore. :(

#21   Brutality

Brutality

• 727 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Halo 2.

#NuffSaid

#22   Mechonis

Mechonis

BANNED

• Banned

• 1,232 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

Midship FFAs

#23   Solarity

Solarity

• 573 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

I forgot playing H2 all night at school during a school sleepover. And my first H1 snipe cross map on Blood Gulch on my buddy when I was like 8.

#24   ABR Halo Master

ABR Halo Master

• 309 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

Playing Halo 3 custom games like Monster Truck, Stay on The Train, and many race maps with my friends.

#25   ABearInTheWoods

ABearInTheWoods

OG

• 935 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

Quad shooting someone and then it being followed by the genius, "NOOB/BADKID!!, you have to double shoot to kill me"