At Paris Games Week 2017, Bungie and Activision have released a new trailer for Destiny 2 and its first upcoming expansion—the Curse of Osiris. Watch the trailer below, then take a look at our Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris breakdown!
After being visible on the Xbox and PlayStation stores for some time, fans finally have their first glimpse at the Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris expansion. Here’s what fans will have to look forward to, via Activision and Bungie:
“Curse of Osiris adds a new chapter to the world of Destiny 2, expanding the universe by adding an all-new cinematic story with new and returning characters, a new destination to explore, Mercury and its Infinite Forest, a new social space to visit called the Lighthouse, new missions, new strikes, new raid content, new free roam activities. a world quest to complete, and more.”
The expansion introduces Osiris to Destiny 2, a fabled Warlock from Destiny’s lore with extensive knowledge of the enemy Vex race. His former student, Ikora Rey, sends the player on a quest to avert a dark future and re-establish communication with Osiris.
In addition to new enemies, characters, and story, Curse of Osiris will introduce new features and activities for players to enjoy. Fans of Destiny 1 may have been able to spot the Exotic weapons Telesto and The Jade Rabbit within the trailer, which are presumed to return. Here’s what we believe will be included within the expansion:
- New campaign with missions and cinematics
- Mercury, a new explorable destination
- New Strikes
- New Crucible maps and content
- New “raid content” (An entire new raid is unfortunately not on the way)
- The return of the Lighthouse as a new social space
- A new season of events (The Dawning, Iron Banner, Faction Rallies, and more)
- New Vex-themed gear sets and weaponry
- New and returning exotic gear (Telesto, Jade Rabbit, and more)
- Level cap reportedly raised to 25
- Quality of life improvements and new features
Expansion I: Curse of Osiris for Destiny 2 releases on December 5, 2017 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. It will be followed by Expansion II in Spring 2018.
Discuss the Curse of Osiris DLC for Destiny 2 with our community!